Not Gonna 2014-03-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Radical_Knight

Re: Not Gonna 2014-03-05

Post by Radical_Knight »

OK, I think I'll just go and sit in a corner over there... Nope, better make that back over here, but still too close.
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

illiad wrote: :o :shock: :o if you see her lookin' at you....R U N !!!!!
DON'T RUN!!!!! Running makes you prey, which triggers the chase reflex. Stand very, very still, until her attention is off you and then move slowly out of the area.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:Connie is emitting a strong zombie vibe in that last panel.
Interesting to notice that the more she beats on Bia, the more zombified she looks. Perhaps it's part of the whole whatever-you-call-it that put Connie together in the first place?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
DON'T RUN!!!!! Running makes you prey, which triggers the chase reflex. Stand very, very still, until her attention is off you and then move slowly out of the area.
that MAY be so if you are the only one.... but there are others, so make SURE they are between you and her!!!! :E
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

It appears that the change forced on Bia by her father was not jut her physical shape but her mind as well. Her dad regressed her personality back to her child state during the original cataclysm. This does match up with the openness Bia showed to Tina and the honesty as well. She was just blurting out details she would not have shared as she was when she met Shelly in the library. So we really have a different personality here than usual.
While Bia does have a lot of things to atone for this is kinda harsh fr her current child form and mind. So in this mental state Connie delivers a whupping Bia probably deserves but what impact will it have on the child Bia currently is. It is either going to make her mad, or she will cringe away and maybe break out crying. She was fairly timid when she and Charon were caught in the blast so I lean towards her braking down in tears after this. Someone will step in to stop this. If Brandi is there I would expect it of her. Euadyce probably would as well. Nudge is also a likely candidate. But we know Tina is there and this is all about Tina. So I really lean toward Tina stepping to stop Connie. Tina is after all the only other demon group present.

Monica can stop it any time she wants if she thinks of it. Demon Sheppard powers could hand Connie quite easily.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yeah...I'd steer clear of Connie right about now, too. :shock:
Timotheus wrote:Connie is taking on a certain skeletal appearance, and we do know of at least one other skeletal being related to Bia. But I will make no further assumptions.
I didn't think she was related to Charon, but that he was acting as a kind of guardian trying to get her away from the scene of destruction. He called her "Princess Bia" and she called him by his first name...neither address suggests any kind of familial relation to me. But then, that's just an opinion. It might be that Charon is actually related to her through the whole convoluted Titan/God family tree that everyone has been examining lately (and I don't feel compelled to locate and review at this time). :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

A small note: Bia was crying after the second plasma wave hit.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I agree with Shelly. Before being informed of Bia's current state, Bud was probably about to do the same herself.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
Besides if you run, you're just gonna die tired! :shock:

What worries me in this fight is what if Bia does fight back and manages to kill Connie, how will the loss of her conscience affect Shelly?
Vive la weird!
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

illiad wrote:
ChattaStarhawk wrote:
that MAY be so if you are the only one.... but there are others, so make SURE they are between you and her!!!! :E
And let others make the first move... motion draws attention, fast motion draws major attention!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Two things:

(A) "You should never run from anything immortal. It attracts their attention."

(B). What if Bia isn't the only child-sized paranatural here who's supposed to be learning something?

======

Stupid stupid autocorrect creature!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Julie wrote:Yeah...I'd steer clear of Connie right about now, too. :shock:
Timotheus wrote:Connie is taking on a certain skeletal appearance, and we do know of at least one other skeletal being related to Bia. But I will make no further assumptions.
I didn't think she was related to Charon, but that he was acting as a kind of guardian trying to get her away from the scene of destruction. He called her "Princess Bia" and she called him by his first name...neither address suggests any kind of familial relation to me. But then, that's just an opinion. It might be that Charon is actually related to her through the whole convoluted Titan/God family tree that everyone has been examining lately (and I don't feel compelled to locate and review at this time). :P
Sorry. I didn't mean related as in family.
Sticking my speculative head out further, I was just considering the possible relation of Connie being Shelly's personal Death Dies, her companion death guide (AKA Norse mythology) or psycho-pomp, who could take on a skeletal form similar to Charon's in the course of her duties. As such her functions in respect to protecting or avenging Shelly or others involved in her being might be rather violent or aggressive and seemingly explicable at times.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Just thought of something. Didn't Tina spend time in Shelly's boiler room during the Cerberus Night aftermath? (Via the tattoo) This would have been when Conscience was mostly non-corporeal Creepy Little Girl.

Was there any 'moment of recognition' ?
Any conversation? Questions? Any "Hey, that's my former body over there! What's with the teeth and the eyes!?" Demons seem to be a lot more talkative than souls....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote:Paul did a beautiful drawing a year or three ago, as an artist's demo for a macquette of Connie he was hoping to have sculpted. It shows two of her, standing back to back, holding hands... one a fairly normal (albeit grim) little girl holding a ball-toss toy, the other leprous and oozing-hollow-eye-socketed and tattered. (Darn, my Wapsi-fu isn't up to finding it in the strip archives tonight... I'm not sure Paul even ever posted it as a daily so it may not be there. I have the original here, but you can't see it through the text :-( )
Found it... sort of. Paul did the Patch Together design back in November of 2012. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have gotten enough votes on Patch Together for them to be willing to sculpt it. The artwork doesn't ever seem to have been archived on Wapsisquare.com, and it's gone from Patch Together.

Fortunately, it's in one of his Tumblr postings. She really is creepy... between the eyes and the dead rabbit, she does cut an ominous figure.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

eee wrote:Besides, she may need some time to recover from this whuppin'. Taking two blasts from a Chimera is one thing; Being punched in the jaw - twice, one of them so hard it lifts you several feet up in the air - is another.
Bia has been socked rather hard before(and we have no idea on the time frame between the time Phix clocked her, and now), by one of our favourite Librarians, after our other favourite Librarian ratted her out in the nicest way possible. That time, she flew through a wall(and was Titan strong). Wonder how long after that Daddy dear grounded her?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think going to visit her great-granddaughter in her dreams was the final straw for Pallas.

"You are GROUNDED in that little girl form until you LEARN YOUR LESSON, young lady! Now GO DOWN THERE and apologize to your daughter and great granddaughter and mother-in-law!"
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

eee wrote: She MIGHT be snarling at Tina. Tina doesn't have the issues with Bia that most of the others there do, and she might have been going to intervene to stop Connie from beating on what she sees as a child. Or, since Connie is part demon, and Tina has shown a willingness to enforce the rules of demonic behavior, she might have made the mistake of suggesting Connie rein it in. Which at this point, wold probably not be wise...
Actually, Connie may want to be very careful about angering Tina, because Tina probably has the upper hand here, if she wants to exert it.
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/stop-you/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
illiad

Post by illiad »

ChattaStarhawk wrote: And let others make the first move... motion draws attention, fast motion draws major attention!
wellll.. in the Whoverse, you can stand there and get cut down/ brainwashed, or run and have enough time to figure out how to escape - 'cover' has been well noted previously!.... :/ (remember I said she is LOOKING at you??? )
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Shelly's expression is not unlike her expression just before Bud ripped Monica's heart out, as i recall.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber