What The Heck 2014-02-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: What The Heck 2014-02-25

Post by jwhouk »

Pounding Sand has a whole different meaning with Bud.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Imagine if Bud had heard that information stone cold sober and not when happy drunk. At least Acacia island destroyer Budur just destroyed real estate. Both Bud and Mon have formidable tempers. Thankfully Bud is embarrassed. Now if Monica can calm down we can have a productive council about this new intelligence. (Well I can hope, can't I?)
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Julie

Post by Julie »

This page definitely make the top 5 of pages that make Julie giggle. :) Love it!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

Monica is only telling Bud the proper way of how or what she needed to say about Bia.
But that's only a guess.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Personally I think Monica is giving Bud what for because she's tired of searching for new uninhabited islands... It's Dangerous work!!! :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Monica not only reads Glyphs, she speaks it too.

a rough translation would be, "Whattheheckisthematterwithyou? Doyouknowhowharditistofindasuitableislandthatisnotalreadyinhabited? Ifyoukeepblowingupourpartyspotswewillhavetostopinvitingyou, andyouarescaringeveryonethatisnotimmortal!!

To hear what that would sound like, just watch the Jerry Springer show LOL (More beeps than dialogue)
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

"I've sand in my eyes and steam in my ears..."
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

We've seen Glyph before. Neither of them is speaking or swearing in Glyph.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wyvern wrote:We've seen Glyph before. Neither of them is speaking or swearing in Glyph.
But, this could be Really Angry Glyph. I'm sure that even the Lanthians knew the universal "change fonts to show you're cussing" rule!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

And now we know how acacia trees are planted.

Given the track record that our heroines have shown regarding islands, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that those "atomic tests" in the Pacific were really just the MiB's cover-up for Bud's hangovers.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Wyvern wrote:We've seen Glyph before. Neither of them is speaking or swearing in Glyph.
I believe the Proper Term is "Grawlixes."
Also covered by TV Tropes (TVT Warning!) under "Symbol Swearing":
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... olSwearing

"When Black Friday comes,
I'm going to dig myself a hole.
I'm going to lay down in it
'Til I satisfy my soul...."
-Steely Dan
sheik

Post by sheik »

Catawampus wrote:And now we know how acacia trees are planted.

Given the track record that our heroines have shown regarding islands, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that those "atomic tests" in the Pacific were really just the MiB's cover-up for Bud's hangovers.
Notice the jagged edges of the "sand" that's been kicked up.
It's actually fused quartz.
Bud is not only planted, she made her own pot.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

kingklash wrote:I believe the Proper Term is "Grawlixes."
Indeed; our first view of Glyph (almost exactly ten years ago) implied that it was just some random grawlixes. As it turned out, not really.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Apparently Monica is discussing something involving higher Mathematics with Acacia since the sign for 'Pi' and a 'plus' sign are involved. :geek: *heh-heh* (That was "Sheldon-laughter") :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes I also noticed Monica called "Bud" Acacia, which I liked cause shes too pretty to be called "Bud". ;)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Yes I also noticed Monica called "Bud" Acacia, which I liked cause shes too pretty to be called "Bud". ;)
nah, i think that it's the opposite of what Indiana Jones DAD had to do to get Indy's attention during the part where he's trying to get the Grail from out of the crack in the floor, with it being *just* barely out of reach during the earthquake scene... Sean Connery couldn't get his attention by calling him his given name, BUT... when he called him by his nickname of "Indiana"... well now, that got his attention REAL Quick... i think that's what was going on here, Monica TRIED calling "Bud!...HEY BUD!, WTF!!!" but she ignored her... so when Monica finally called her out as " ACACIA!..." THAT'S when Bud dropped out of her fury, to realize what she had already done, and was about to do more of...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:First in panel on Buds stance with clenched fist could not be seen from anywhere but inside the hole. As panel 3 shows here to be almost shoulder deep in the hole she created. So either the perspective is way off or Bud jumped into the hole after Monica caller her name.

The size of the hole is WAY TO SMALL for the size of the debris and explosion. I have seen a blast that large on lever ground. The hole was not small and it looked like a plate not a foxhole, it was also 20 feet across as well. This was just from 4 tons of explosives, disposal of expired ammo at an ammo dump in the army. The size of the blast should have created a much larger crater and not so well formed. Even if the force was tightly directed by Buds fist the results shock waves and blast pattern would have resulted in a mach larger circle of destruction.

But just allowing that this hole is all that resulted from Buds anger the force would have been tightly focused. One could only wonder what the world wide grid of seismographs would show from it. And that would have registered.
I suspect the effect was more like a shaped charge / HEAT round than a pure blast effect. A lot of localized penetration.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.