Hearts and Hooves... umm Valentine's II

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

shadowinthelight

Hearts and Hooves... umm Valentine's II

Post by shadowinthelight »

From last year:
shadowinthelight wrote:I just feel like venting a bit. This holiday really sucks if you have nopony special to celebrate with. The past couple of days I've felt like flinging stones, not at anyone in particular, but out of frustration in general. Even if there isn't anyone talking about it, it can be a depressing reminder of being alone. It's even worse when it seems everyone you know or meet already got married and/or started having kids like 10 years ago. I'm only 33 so wtf? I guess the joke is on me for consciously not getting married before I was ready or running around making babies. I have been in serious relationships before so it could have happened. Things are actually looking up for me now that I'm working again (my hands still hurt but a tiny bit less every day I think) and am paying off my debts. Then maybe I can move into a nicer apartment like I originally planned to, build a new computer, buy more CDs, splice together Monodon monoceros and Equus ferus caballus DNA to make a real unicorn pony, ect ect but having all the toys in the world doesn't matter much without a partner to play with. I don't mean to be a downer, but sometimes polluting forums with silliness isn't enough to keep this shadow in a good mood. I really hope you guys are having a better time than me.

It's almost 6AM now and I wish I could drink myself to sleep but I don't like the taste of alcohol. Topo Chico mineral water will have to suffice. *burp*
Still a little swelling in the left hand that never goes away but no more pain and have full range of motion in my digits. I did move into a better apartment. Built the new computer. Didn't buy any CDs other than the most recent Nine Inch Nails (which I actually knew about ahead of time for once and preordered) but have compiled a lengthy shopping list. Genetics are hard.

Still single, though. Bad at getting people to acknowledge me as more than a background character + awkward work hours make that a hard fact to change. At least I'm not in such an angry funk as a year ago. I hope everyone else is satisfied with their love lives or at least not feeling so down. If anyone feels the need to go out and get wasted I still don't drink but I'll happily be the designated driver. Pay no attention to the damage on my car, that was the ice's fault. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Re: Hearts and Hooves... umm Valentine's II

Post by DinkyInky »

You still get many hugs from me. It looks as though you are in a better place than last year, so yay for onward and upward!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

...would this be a bad time for me to mention I have a sort of a date today? :? I mean, it's just coffee with a high-school friend-of-a-friend (that's the Extreme Abridged Version; full version is "complicated") who tracked me down on Facebook. May or may not go anywhere, but I'm pretty nervoucited; part of me almost wants her to postpone/cancel so I have a reason to raid the nearest liquor store. Maybe I will anyway, just to take the edge off.
It's almost noon here, coffee is at 2.

EDIT!! Jackie just called; it turns out today isn't good anymore, but tomorrow evening is better. She managed to score a free supper at a restaurant downtown. So instead of a sort of a date today, I have an actual date tomorrow. :D :) :| :shock: ....hold me i'm scared
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

So, the date was not in fact a date but just reconnecting over coffee, no romantic intent. I seem to have misinterpreted some of the messages she sent me.

Dang, forgot to pick up a bottle or two for when I'm done work today. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

MerchManDan wrote:... I'm pretty nervoucited;
OK - that's it. Somebody point me to the archives so I can start viewing MLP episodes?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

DinkyInky wrote:You still get many hugs from me.
Yay, Dinky hugs! :D
MerchManDan wrote:So, the date was not in fact a date but just reconnecting over coffee, no romantic intent. I seem to have misinterpreted some of the messages she sent me.
Well that's a little disappointing. At least it doesn't sound like things went badly. A friend is better than nothing.
Atomic wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:... I'm pretty nervoucited;
Yes, Pinkie is best Transformer.
OK - that's it. Somebody point me to the archives so I can start viewing MLP episodes?
I was saving all the episodes in 1080p from YouTube before they started blocking the downloads. I'm sure you can still view them all with some searching but I personally get them from torrents now.

NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

try on DailyMotion.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

NOTDilbert wrote:try on DailyMotion.
Bingo!

.... there goes my free time .....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Atomic wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:try on DailyMotion.
Bingo!

.... there goes my free time .....
:?
IIII'd be very carful on dailymotion... Do not set the age gate off if you value the innocence of your retinas.
(A very irritating high school acquaintance of mine shock-sighted me with a video from there...)

On a completely unrelated topic, a bat totally just faceplanted into my bedroom window...

tunk!
"Squeak-eek!"
flapflapflapflapflap...
:roll:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

shadowinthelight wrote:From last year:
shadowinthelight wrote:I just feel like venting a bit. This holiday really sucks if you have nopony special to celebrate with. The past couple of days I've felt like flinging stones, not at anyone in particular, but out of frustration in general. Even if there isn't anyone talking about it, it can be a depressing reminder of being alone. It's even worse when it seems everyone you know or meet already got married and/or started having kids like 10 years ago. I'm only 33 so wtf? I guess the joke is on me for consciously not getting married before I was ready or running around making babies. I have been in serious relationships before so it could have happened. Things are actually looking up for me now that I'm working again (my hands still hurt but a tiny bit less every day I think) and am paying off my debts. Then maybe I can move into a nicer apartment like I originally planned to, build a new computer, buy more CDs, splice together Monodon monoceros and Equus ferus caballus DNA to make a real unicorn pony, ect ect but having all the toys in the world doesn't matter much without a partner to play with. I don't mean to be a downer, but sometimes polluting forums with silliness isn't enough to keep this shadow in a good mood. I really hope you guys are having a better time than me.

It's almost 6AM now and I wish I could drink myself to sleep but I don't like the taste of alcohol. Topo Chico mineral water will have to suffice. *burp*
Still a little swelling in the left hand that never goes away but no more pain and have full range of motion in my digits. I did move into a better apartment. Built the new computer. Didn't buy any CDs other than the most recent Nine Inch Nails (which I actually knew about ahead of time for once and preordered) but have compiled a lengthy shopping list. Genetics are hard.

Still single, though. Bad at getting people to acknowledge me as more than a background character + awkward work hours make that a hard fact to change. At least I'm not in such an angry funk as a year ago. I hope everyone else is satisfied with their love lives or at least not feeling so down. If anyone feels the need to go out and get wasted I still don't drink but I'll happily be the designated driver. Pay no attention to the damage on my car, that was the ice's fault. Image
For what it's worth, you're far from being alone in your. . .ummm. . .being alone.

Not much that I can offer in the way of words of wisdom; I haven't figured out my own problems yet. There seems to be a definite shortage of pre-winged angels coming down to show us how it's really such a wonderful life after all, so we'll just have to figure out our own reasons as best we can. Or just go bonkers and decide that we're really hallucinating hydrangeas. Both options have their pros and cons.
shadowinthelight

MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I've always wanted to record a Valentine's Day parody of "Feed My Frankenstein."

"BE MY....VALENTINE!!!" [epic guitar riff]
shadowinthelight wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:So, the date was not in fact a date but just reconnecting over coffee, no romantic intent. I seem to have misinterpreted some of the messages she sent me.
Well that's a little disappointing. At least it doesn't sound like things went badly. A friend is better than nothing.
True that; I won't complain (too loudly). She's as much of a pop-culture geek as I am - probably more so - AND she's interested in learning how to play tabletop RPGs. A good friend to have, as friends go.
shadowinthelight

...And I discovered the holy horseshoe, err, grail. Every episode available in no watermark 24fps 1080p, including the original The Last Roundup with unaltered Derpy and the movie which was not the total train wreck I feared it was going to be. Seasons 1 and 3 can be had in torrent form while episodes for seasons 2 and 4 have to be downloaded individually. Get them before they are taken down.

SO AWESOME!