"You won't hear, you gotta hurt"

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

"You won't hear, you gotta hurt"

Post by Fairportfan »

(In one of her Desert Peach comics, Donna Barr had a panel showing a full-leg kick to a very deserving crotch with a cavalry boot, accompanied by a German phrase that, as i recall, translated to approximately my title for this post.)

I do not normally flag people's comments in discussion threads for being illiterate, argumentative, combative, insulting, racist, or less-than-credibly threatening.

I will flag comments for being racist, advocating actual violence,  or spam.

And, until today, i had never reported someone directly to the forum administrators for TOS violations in any forum.

Well, today, i did - over at Media Matters for America.

Now, if the person in question hadn't been a jerk i was already cranky with, i MIGHT not have*.

But she was.

And then, in response to someone else she had also been fighting with for some time - allegedly because he was being personally abusive and issuing death threats (or something like that; i saw no evidence of that - in fact, he looked rather more rational than she did) - she published what she calimed was his real name, his real address, his real place of employment and other details...

BANG!  TOS violation reports to both MMFA and Disqus, the comment system provider.

=======================

* We were arguing over her {i'm assuming she's biologically female} statement - in so many words - that "LGBT is a myth" and claiming that trans is in no way a gay issue; that it's a feminist issue, instead.  I have no problem with saying that trans issues overlap feminist issues.  But to say that trans is in no way or form a gay issue...  I initially assumed that she was a trans person who didn't want to be associated with icky gay people, but apparently she's a gay person {in a same-sex marriage, she proudly informed me} who doesn't want to be associated with icky trans people...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Re: "You won't hear, you gotta hurt"

Post by jwhouk »

FPF, you need to share that over at the QC forums. They have a whole thread on the "T" in LGBT (thanks to "Claire).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin