Waiting for Santa 2013-12-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

Re: Waiting for Santa 2013-12-24

Post by JSStryker »

DilyV wrote:I would think she'd hide as one of those woven stick wreaths.... But if Santa knows when you've been sleeping, and knows when you're awake, knows when you've been bad or good, I'm sure he could figure out if Castela is a wreath for Pete's sake. :lol:
"Santa Claus: Kindly old elf or CIA spook?" Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes

http://thecuriousbrain.com/?p=5044
Vive la weird!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Mutant reindeer, talking snowmen, elves, Patron Saint of Children with Special Compensation to bend SpaceTime (as well as having concurrent aspects operating at nearly the same time of year), Krampus. I'd say that Christmas is right at home in the Wapsiverse.

Just had the image of Nudge trying to play Krampus, and failing beautifully!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:I didn't even see the title before realizing she had fallen asleep waiting for Santa. What kind of paranormal is known to have the type of time manipulation powers necessary for the world wide delivery of presents?
Time manipulation is not strictly required. Another possibility is that Santa is simply traveling very very quickly... just a wee bit less than light-speed. A reasonably well-optimized path of travel would certainly permit Santa to visit all of the houses in a given timezone within an hour.. heck, at relativistic speeds he could fly to the sun and back in less time than that.

Naturally he'd have to be extremely small and light when in this traveling form, so that his travel wouldn't create obvious amounts of light, heat, and physical disruption. I don't think there's any evidence that Santa's arrival ionizes the atmosphere (although this could be what Christmas lights are symbolizing... perhaps Santa used to arrive in a flash of sparkles, and has since learned to tone it down?).

As to the presents... he probably poits them to each house as he arrives. Like Monica he can't poit them there until he's visited the house in person.

So, it's possible that Santa is a paranormal who travels in the form of a tiny near-lightspeed particle. Santa is a living, sentient cosmic ray!

This is further evidenced by the tradition of leaving Santa a ration of fuel, in the form of Millikan cookies.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

I'm playing pessimist here, but what if yesterday's comic was what Pickle was dreaming about in today's comic? her wanting to have Monica poit in to show the bully's that are messing with her at school (probably most because she's not a "known" paranormal type), that there is a danger to them giving her a hard time at school because she can sic the Demon Shepard on them... think about it, if you knew somebody that famous/dangerous as a pseudo-relative, and were getting hassled at school wouldn't you want to do the same thing to make them back off? and I'll bet that those five kids that she just freaked out were her biggest pain in the butt when it comes down to her getting bullied in class., as for my take about what those five are... Werewolf, Goblin, Sasquatch, Orc, Gargoyle (from left to right)

PS: didn't her little jingle at the end "don't let her Demons get you!", sound very similar in cadence to "don't let the bedbugs bite!"?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

Dave wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Okay, I'm gonna play Grinch here: what's that bag-looking thing next to the plate of cookies (that appears to be on the floor)?
I'm guessing that's The 'P' in Paul's signature.
Correct guess. Paul has the original black and white pen-and-marker sketch up for auction on eBay now, and his signature is quite clear in that version. It's obscured by the window structure in the final colorized image.
Nice! I'd bid on that but I have a feeling it'll go over my budget for such things. :( Maybe I'll order a print of today's page. Has anyone here done that before? For colour pages like today's do they come in colour or B & W?
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Dave

Post by Dave »

GuySmiley wrote:Nice! I'd bid on that but I have a feeling it'll go over my budget for such things. :( Maybe I'll order a print of today's page. Has anyone here done that before? For colour pages like today's do they come in colour or B & W?
I ordered a print of the color image of Conscience (her moment of being "born in fire" I think) and it came in color.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

JSStryker wrote:
DilyV wrote:I would think she'd hide as one of those woven stick wreaths.... But if Santa knows when you've been sleeping, and knows when you're awake, knows when you've been bad or good, I'm sure he could figure out if Castela is a wreath for Pete's sake. :lol:
"Santa Claus: Kindly old elf or CIA spook?" Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes
Definitely NSA...

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
Or a wreath for goodness sakes!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:Nice! I'd bid on that but I have a feeling it'll go over my budget for such things. :( Maybe I'll order a print of today's page. Has anyone here done that before? For colour pages like today's do they come in colour or B & W?
I ordered a print of the color image of Conscience (her moment of being "born in fire" I think) and it came in color.
I ordered "Girl on Fire" in 11x17 awhile back and it is glorious!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
illiad

Post by illiad »

shadowinthelight wrote: What kind of paranormal is known to have the type of time manipulation powers necessary for the world wide delivery of presents?
nothing like that needed... just some form of improbability drive!
"As the improbability drive reaches almost infinite improbability, it passes through every conceivable point, in every conceivable universe, at almost the same time..." :mrgreen:
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

I've been trying to remember where I've seen knees like Castella's before.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Well, i immediately thought of Fred Hembeck...

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I see Castela got what she wanted for Christmas: A stuffed SPIDER!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

BTW Merry Christmas you all!
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:Well, i immediately thought of Fred Hembeck...
EDIT: Archie and the Gang.img
Same here...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous