Called Me Psycho 2013-11-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Called Me Psycho 2013-11-22

Post by zachariah »

Even Paul had Nudge and her sister jump to the conclusion that Monica had broken up with Kevin. If even his characters were confused and made that assumption why were we in the wrong for doing it as well. Agreed a lot of us put anchors out to the windward because Paul has burned us so many, many times; but it was still a valid thought. After all we didn't have Monica right here with us to correct it at once. Instead Paul let us ramble on for a long time before reigning us in. So good odds Paul did this on purpose just to shake all of us up and see what floated to the surface.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Really happy to see it wasn't Kevin that left Monica. Sometimes early loves make the deepest impressions on us, I know I still remember how I felt when my first "true" love broke up with me after I had to move away with my family and how that affected me in my conversations with her when she found me after 37 years on FB.
Vive la weird!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

YAY!!!! Cue Paul for the Friday reveal!!!! This is way better than a cliff hanger!!!! Knowing how Monica and Kevin are, I'm surprised she didn't poit in there with him!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I really have to wonder.

Are Nudge and Tsillah mirroring the reactions in yesterday's thread, or did yesterday's thread anticipate Nudge and Tsillah's reaction today? 8-)
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Julie

Post by Julie »

YAY KEVIN!!!!!! :D I'm with DilyV...this was WAY better than a Friday cliffhanger! :D
KnightDelight wrote:She must be poiting from store to store. Can't be the initial arrival poit since his hands are loaded with shopping bags. She needs to poit the bags home and make things easier on all concerned. But then Kevin wouldn't get to experience the traditional role of pack mule. Might as well get used to it I guess.
Or she poited from her shopping spree (either in this mall or another one) over to Nudge and Tsillah because they'd contacted her with the intent to ask her to speak to Atsali... :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Well, in a sense, Monica did lose Kevin. Just not the way all of us, Nudge, and Tsillah thought.

TlalocW
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

A couple of points of order:

1. We knew about the pencil incident years and years ago. (Femoral Artery Incident)

2. We now know why she's always wearing that band-aid. (She keeps nicking the faint edges of the scar when shaving her legs.)

3. Jason Goodnow has to be the dumbest person on planet earth.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Amethyst Shadow

Post by Amethyst Shadow »

Oh Paul, you magnificent bastard :D

"There is no true equity of power. There is only more and less."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

This is why I try to keep my speculating relatively low-key. With most of my reading, comics, literature, TV Tropes, and so forth, I'm usually in it for the ride. But here, half the fun is the forum.

I'm glad Kevin's still around, he'll make a good substitute for Shelly in the "You're such a dork sometimes" department.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

OK, I only just now went back through the remaining posts from yesterday and discovered Paul's deus ex machina regarding our concern over Kevin, and all I can say is GUILTY! I am indeed one of those nerdz...
toadslayer

Post by toadslayer »

And Kevin has on a super cute sweater. *squeeee*
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

WOO-HOO!!! I am so glad to have been wrong.

But of course it was someone else than the one who we thought Monica was talking about.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Fairportfan wrote:Now, if he appeared inside an occupied stall...
Considering how well known Monica is among paranormals, her spotty poiting skills might be well known too. So if he did appear in an occupied stall it might go like:

*poit*
Occupant: <looking up> "Monica?"
Kevin: "Uh ... yeah."
Occupant: "Figured. Tell her hi from Clara."
Kevin: "Umm, okay. Gotta go."
Occupant: <giggles>
Kevin: <smiles> "No pun intended."
Julie wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:She must be poiting from store to store. Can't be the initial arrival poit since his hands are loaded with shopping bags. She needs to poit the bags home and make things easier on all concerned. But then Kevin wouldn't get to experience the traditional role of pack mule. Might as well get used to it I guess.
Or she poited from her shopping spree (either in this mall or another one) over to Nudge and Tsillah because they'd contacted her with the intent to ask her to speak to Atsali... :)
Ah, good point. That may well be.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:A couple of points of order:
For sufficiently large values of the number 2 ;)
1. We knew about the pencil incident years and years ago. (Femoral Artery Incident)

2. We now know why she's always wearing that band-aid. (She keeps nicking the faint edges of the scar when shaving her legs.)

3. Jason Goodnow has to be the dumbest person on planet earth.
too-soon-old.jpg
too-soon-old.jpg (58.61 KiB) Viewed 8000 times
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I'm from 'Sconsin. "Coupla two-tree tings, dere hey."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

zachariah wrote:You know Monica doesn't really need restrooms any more if she chooses. So she didn't pay attention to the space Kevin ended up. Just as long as it was empty space.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/fresh-as-a-daisy/
Those were Jin's poiting skills, not Monica's. Jin has been doing it longer, so she is better at it. . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

eee wrote:TROLLED! But all's well that ends well! :lol:

Monica is selling herself short, as usual. If she can overcome all the problems she's had AND achieve her current level of stability and happiness AND become a demi-god AND have a smoking hot, loving boyfriend, I'm pretty sure she could give some good advice to Atsali.

(She was a self-mutilator, too? Wow. The Demon world and Maya should be glad M doesn't hold grudges. Given how much they messed her up and how much pain they caused her, if she believed in payback some of them would be in trouble.)
ChattaStarhawk wrote:Kev must have caught a break in the timing of the misplaced poit (one of those rare times when the Ladies' room is empty); otherwise there would have been more noise in the background.
The mall is restricted to paranormals right now. The restrooms may not be as crowded as normal. Of course, poiting in on the WRONG paranormal might get someone blown through a wall...
Meh, it could have been worse. Every Mall has a fountain (wet location) and a parking garage (moving vehicles) and a trash bin (no explanation necessary)--so ladies room = not so bad (although I would imagine poiting into a stall occupied by Phix would require a change of underwear or an undertaker--I've seen what she does to vampires, can you imagine what she would to a peeping tom?)
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

meisdadoo wrote:Meh, it could have been worse. Every Mall has a fountain (wet location) and a parking garage (moving vehicles) and a trash bin (no explanation necessary)--so ladies room = not so bad (although I would imagine poiting into a stall occupied by Phix would require a change of underwear or an undertaker--I've seen what she does to vampires, can you imagine what she would to a peeping tom?)
Even a norm that happened to would probably develop levitation skills, if not teleportation, on their own...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Excellent Paul, well done. Glad to see Kevin back and arms full - as predicted. And it looks like Monica is acting like Aunt Clara with her poiting. I've been thinking that, perhaps before speaking with Monica, send Kevin in first to talk with Atsali and give her a "Guys P.O.V." that not all guys are A**H**es, and even if she has some of her Mothers 'attributes' she may have some of her Dads. Also let her know she not only can come to Mama Katherine, but she can talk with Monica anytime just to let Atsali know shes not another 'Pixie with a rack'. ;)
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

Count me in the 'relieved she didn't mean Kevin' group. Though I'm not sure how we weren't supposed to read that into yesterday's comic. There must have been an 'at that age' implied in her sentence that didn't come cross, at least to me, very clearly. I supposed we should be glad yesterday's comic wasn't posted on Friday. :o Oh, and if we're nerds for thinking it was Kevin was the boyfriend in question what does that make Nudge and Tsila? :ugeek:

*sigh* what do we have? 48 or so more hours to go? :|
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)