Someone You Need To Meet 2013-11-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Someone You Need To Meet 2013-11-20

Post by AmriloJim »

As was said earlier, gauze and effect. And 'Sali gets referred to M.
zachariah

Re: Someone You Need To Meet 2013-11-20

Post by zachariah »

Well everyone want Monica involved. Well now she is. Hope she get there in a hurry and on the bounce.

I notice how nicely Paul avoided the whole reveal and CPR sequence. Just skip to the clinic. We know it happened but it doesn't need to be shown. I can hear several of you going AWWW SHOOT! These things happen.
Last edited by zachariah on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I was waiting for Atsali to tip forward and fall on her face... giggles. Poor kid. At least mine came in over a period of a few months... I would feel the same way if mine had just popped in like that. Thank Goodness Aunt Bud was their chaperone.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I liked the covering the face with wings rather than hands. It lends verisimilitude to the character. Humans use their hands to hide their faces, sirens hide their entire upper body behind wings.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:I was waiting for Atsali to tip forward and fall on her face... giggles. Poor kid. At least mine came in over a period of a few months... I would feel the same way if mine had just popped in like that. Thank Goodness Aunt Bud was their chaperone.
There is no way her face would actually hit to floor. In fact she might just bounce back onto her feet instead. lol.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

DilyV wrote:I was waiting for Atsali to tip forward and fall on her face...
Me, too. Maybe Monica will show her how to stand without slowly toppling forward.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
TheOtherOne

Post by TheOtherOne »

I guess it's big time suspense of disbelief again. I mean, there is no way she could have bound those breasts that flat, but we're to believe she did.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

"This mammal/avian hybrid thing is just not working for me!!"

PS @Pablo: In the Shadow of Doubt w/sketch arrived today. 'Dame Not-Appearing-In-This-Book' looks mucho spectacularo, and is much appreciated.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Yamara wrote:"This mammal/avian hybrid thing is just not working for me!!"
Do you like Phix? It is the same thing. Animal/avian hybrid. Or black wing with Tina. Demon/avian mix. In the paranormal world all sorts of mixtures happened. Heck now even Monica is part Pheonix.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

TheOtherOne wrote:I guess it's big time suspense of disbelief again. I mean, there is no way she could have bound those breasts that flat, but we're to believe she did.
But you're cool with the Chimeric golem advising the metamorph siren she needs brassiere and posture advice from the immortal Sun Jaguar, right? Wouldn't want the free content to stray too far out of your comfort zone.

Yamara

Post by Yamara »

zachariah wrote: Do you like Phix? It is the same thing. Animal/avian hybrid. Or black wing with Tina. Demon/avian mix. In the paranormal world all sorts of mixtures happened. Heck now even Monica is part Pheonix.
I was riffing in Atsali's POV.

...It's been a Poe's Law kind of day.

KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

zachariah wrote:I notice how nicely Paul avoided the whole reveal and CPR sequence. Just skip to the clinic. We know it happened but it doesn't need to be shown. I can hear several of you going AWWW SHOOT! These things happen.
There may not have been any para(normal)medics involved at all. Bud could have poited them both to the mall clinic shortly after Atsali fell/bounced on the floor. I wonder if Pickle is there as well. She may very well have come unraveled by the event.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Yamara wrote:
TheOtherOne wrote:I guess it's big time suspense of disbelief again. I mean, there is no way she could have bound those breasts that flat, but we're to believe she did.
But you're cool with the Chimeric golem advising the metamorph siren she needs brassiere and posture advice from the immortal Sun Jaguar, right? Wouldn't want the free content to stray too far out of your comfort zone.
You beat me to it, Yamara! I'm surprised at the number of people who are reading a strip based on supernatural characters and who will find one relatively minor point and say, "That can't happen!"
Meanwhile, the characters are sprouting wings, horns, fangs, vines or who-knows-what all around the place.
But that is "normal".
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Just curious I did some digging about Sirens. Someone mentioned earlier that Siren's were low on the pecking order. Not sure about that in Wapsi but Sali's line is Titan on the maternal side. She might be a sub-sub-sub-titan.There were never a lot of them so I doubt they can be swatted like flies by Phix or others. How the rest of the para world views them is open to debate. She hasn't really hidden her background and no one seems to be giving her a hard time about being a Siren either.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Let's hope that when Bud calls Monica, she's a bit calmer than Tina was when she needed help with Georgette, otherwise, we're going to get another one of these entrances.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/really-here/

So other than body-image pep talking and maybe introducing Atsali to her bra maker Lydia, will Monica also be wrangling Atsali's self-doubt and other demons?

TlalocW
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

TlalocW wrote:Let's hope that when Bud calls Monica, she's a bit calmer than Tina was when she needed help with Georgette, otherwise, we're going to get another one of these entrances.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/really-here/

So other than body-image pep talking and maybe introducing Atsali to her bra maker Lydia, will Monica also be wrangling Atsali's self-doubt and other demons?TlalocW
And, we might accidentally meet her dead parents.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

davids4250 wrote:You beat me to it, Yamara! I'm surprised at the number of people who are reading a strip based on supernatural characters and who will find one relatively minor point and say, "That can't happen!"
Meanwhile, the characters are sprouting wings, horns, fangs, vines or who-knows-what all around the place.
But that is "normal".
See, it's a matter of internal consistency. And what is "normal" for paranormals, is not "normal" for the mundane.

Admittedly, we haven't been explicitly told that the "surgical gauze" or whatever she ended up using, was mundane, but we sure have no reason (yet) to think it's paranormal.

Hence, we write it down to art style. Hey, even in the first strip, M's head was bigger than her thigh. I tell you, the things we let these cartoonists get away with! 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

DilyV wrote:I would feel the same way if mine had just popped in like that.
Maybe Atsali should have attended the 8th Grade orientation.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Personally I think that Kath had it right to begin with... "That's not a good idea..." (Here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/all-at-once/ ) Yesterday, I I said this: "I'm kind of leaning towards Atsali really struggling to work herself back into her less busty state, but struggling mightily to contain it. gasping for breath, holding whatever she gets in for long moments until she has to let it out and gasp for another. It's kind of like holding your breath when you're in pain... it seems to help (but doesn't really), but what else can you do? Finally, you either hyperventilate, or pass out, realizing that for all your efforts to mitigate it, it was a futile attempt at best."

I now think Atsali tried her hardest to morph herself back into her smaller, pre-pubescent form. What she couldn't contain may have been easily hidden under the wrapped gauze. She may have been fine until Pickle started pushing her buttons... then the loss of concentration had calamitous consequences. Poor Atsali sees how girls with large breasteses get treated... so much so that she's afraid. She knows she's going to be lumped into the same mold and it scares the living bejeepers out of her. Who can blame her? Every girl who hits that growth spurt goes through it. First, the other girls make fun of you out of jealousy. Then the boys who aren't mature enough yet join in. Finally, you get the BBOC (Big Boy On Campus) that probably has hit puberty and sees things in an entirely different and even more scary way. If you take him up on his offer to go out with you, you're labeled a slut. If you refuse, you get called a lot worse. Heck, I wore baggy clothing until my senior year just to avoid being noticed... Sure, I couldn't get out of it in Gym class... (thank God for gender separate Gym classes). I played trumpet in band and it was murder trying to fit me into the standard size uniforms. Naturally, it was suggested that I be a majorette, who wore skin tight, sequined things similar to a one piece swimsuit and white go-go boots. No thanks... I like playing trumpet just find thank you.

I suspect that Kath is going to be saying "I Told You So."

Kath: Oh Atsali, sweetie are you alright?

Atsali: Yes mama, just embarrassed.

Kath: Atsali, it's never good to hide the truth, it always has a way of getting... o-out... *hides a snicker*

Atsali: MOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

Castela: It did mama!!! It comed out!!! It went ba-BOOM!!!!

Atsali: PICKLE!!!!! SHUUUT UUUUUPP!!!!!! MOOOOOOM!!! Make her stop!!!

Kath (still trying to hide a giggle): C-Castela... please go put your things away...

Castela: How is Atsali going to put her things away?

Kath: Now Castela! (finally giving up and giggling)

Atsali: I'll be in my room... I'm never coming out!!!!

Drops a polygraph machine in the pun jar... after all... the truth is a terrible thing to hide. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

@Dily-V

That... sounds quite plausible.

Tina 's in for an unpleasant surprise, though, when she discovers what a good-fitting designer-bra for her busty daughter is gonna cost... Because, Come on. Monica is going to drag Atsali to Lydia (?) The Architect/Bra-designer pronto..

It could be nice for Monica too to be in a position to help a young girl with a "problem" she had herself. Some serious bonding with Aunty-M is probably the result.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)