Out All Day 2013-10-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TlalocW

Re: Out All Day 2013-10-23

Post by TlalocW »

Well, back to the real, physical world. Time to kill Tina.

TlalocW
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Timotheus wrote:I'm going to hazard an opinion and suggest that the wings are something Tina has developed just recently and may not even be fully aware of. Her words of late are indicating she's feeling forced to help other people because its the right thing to do, and Phix has commented on her turning into someone. I think that may be a literal statement and Tina with Nudge gone is becoming something other than a covey of rats running the ship. Blackwing will be the collected voices of the covey.
This is only confirming my thought that Blackwing is the formation of a new soul.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Mark N wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I'm going to hazard an opinion and suggest that the wings are something Tina has developed just recently and may not even be fully aware of. Her words of late are indicating she's feeling forced to help other people because its the right thing to do, and Phix has commented on her turning into someone. I think that may be a literal statement and Tina with Nudge gone is becoming something other than a covey of rats running the ship. Blackwing will be the collected voices of the covey.
This is only confirming my thought that Blackwing is the formation of a new soul.
Concur; where Connie was a sudden fusion, Tina Blackwing is completing her slow melding into a single being. Something I do not think she is even aware of yet.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

WOOT!! we Finally get to see the Couch in Confusion Corner!... and a comfy couch it does seem to be.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
Mark N wrote:
Concur; where Connie was a sudden fusion, Tina Blackwing is completing her slow melding into a single being. Something I do not think she is even aware of yet.
Paul showed us Tina/Blackwing with Monica in a pinup years ago.

Here it is - i can't figure out just when it's from, but the file properties seem to indicate July '08.
16b3_3.JPG
16b3_3.JPG (64.48 KiB) Viewed 7801 times
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

TlalocW wrote:Well, back to the real, physical world. Time to kill,Tina.

TlalocW
Fixed that for you.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
as363

Post by as363 »

Well - after several days worth of very nasty revaluations in the spirit world - we are now back to the physical world. I can imagine Mon poiting Tina's problem to the middle of the Sahara desert . And then saying something in the line of "now that your problem is taken care of - we both could use a cuppa of your best - along with a plate of cookies" - as the two head to a corner table for a talk in the real world.
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Voting: Great way to tell other folks that this is a webcomic worth following. (The vote button on the page _could_ be made a bit more visible to encourage that...)

Floating: Perfect, Pablo. Both as comic relief, and as a reminder that despite all the magic we're still dealing with real people... and it says "I've _really_ been hovering here nervously for hours!" more clearly than anything else could have.

Back to voting: One of the tricks another of my favorite webcomics uses to encourage voting is to reward voters with a few panels of preview into the next day. Pretty effective click-bait, and doesn't require additional art (thought it does require additional formatting/posting work). I don't know whether Waspi's timing would make that practical or not, but it might or might not be worth pondering.
Dave

Post by Dave »

as363 wrote:Well - after several days worth of very nasty revaluations in the spirit world - we are now back to the physical world. I can imagine Mon poiting Tina's problem to the middle of the Sahara desert . And then saying something in the line of "now that your problem is taken care of - we both could use a cuppa of your best - along with a plate of cookies" - as the two head to a corner table for a talk in the real world.
That need-for-a-cuppa could be approaching the level of a medical emergency by now. I don't think Georgette ever got to drink her morning "dose", and she's been unconscious all day... by now, she could be suffering a really nasty headache.

Any confirmed coffee addict (sheepishly admits it) can attest that sudden caffeine deprivation is not at all pleasant! Not as bad as I understand going cold turkey from nicotine or heroin can be, but one definitely does pay a physical price.

Come to think of it, giving up the reading of Wapsi Square would be heroine withdrawal, wouldn't it? No wonder we're all so urgently eager for each new day's strip! ;)
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

jeffepp wrote:Oh Nos! Coffie Zombies!

They'll eat your Grounds!
WIN!

Someone needs to play blackWing off the stage at this point...
Last edited by txmystic on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
Mark N wrote:
Indeed, Phix told Tina that there was another that is close to what Tina may become...has someone already pointed out that she was talking about Connie, or do I have my head wedged firmly up---er---under a rock? (heh heh)
Last edited by txmystic on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie

Post by Julie »

BAHAHAHA!! Thank you Tina for the deviation for seriousness that we all so desperately needed! Also...it's not really that hard to hold it for a full day...I do it all the time...though mostly it's me staying busy that helps me forget or not notice the urge. :P
ChattaStarhawk wrote:
Mark N wrote:
I dunno guys...as FPF pointed out, the Blackwinged Tina image isn't really a new thing...and didn't she say something about being one of the winged beings in a prophecy? If Blackwing was really that new of a creature, I doubt that Tina (either the full Collective or Blackwing itself) would know already about this prophecy and that it involved her.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
tripodcat

Post by tripodcat »

I dunno guys...as FPF pointed out, the Blackwinged Tina image isn't really a new thing...and didn't she say something about being one of the winged beings in a prophecy? If Blackwing was really that new of a creature, I doubt that Tina (either the full Collective or Blackwing itself) would know already about this prophecy and that it involved her.
[/quote]

You can know about a prophecy and even know it applies/will apply to you, but not know the "when, where, why, how". Otherwise Oedipus would never have set foot in Thebes...
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

txmystic wrote:Indeed, Phix told Tina that there was another that is close to what Tina may become...has someone already pointed out that she was talking about Connie, or do I have my head wedged firmly up---er---under a rock? (heh heh)
Phix never actually said it was Connie, but we did jump right into the arc digging into her origins, so it would be a reasonable assumption to make. On the other hand, reasonable assumptions tend to get whacked in the head by curve balls on a regular basis around here... :lol:
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jay-Em wrote:Poor Tina.

The scare of a lifetime, ánd not daring to go to the loo....
A sign of good friendship, trust me.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder if the coffee shop was closed after Bud came by for her daily caffeine dose, or was it before? If before, then that might be how Tina accidentally triggers the apocalypse. "RRRRRAAAH! COFFEE-DEPRIVED WRATH!!!!" *BOOM!*
zachariah wrote:Maybe she should wait to see if either Monica or Jet have a greater need than she does.
Tina outnumbers them. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, right?
TlalocW wrote:Time to kill Tina.
Not until after the bathroom break, or else things would get messy.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:Tina outnumbers them. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the loo, right?
Fixed your typo there.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Now that she knows the girls are alright, Tina is going to *ZIPP* out to the bathroom, Chuck Jones-style. Little Tina-shaped cloud of dust with pinfeathers spinning in it.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

kingklash wrote:Now that she knows the girls are alright, Tina is going to *ZIPP* out to the bathroom, Chuck Jones-style. Little Tina-shaped cloud of dust with pinfeathers spinning in it.
Now you got me thinking (that's bad) - I tried to Wiki 'Roadrunner in Native American mythology' and got nothing. Chuck Jones notwithstanding, Coyote is Trickster; what's Roadrunner's story? Anybody?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:
kingklash wrote:Now that she knows the girls are alright, Tina is going to *ZIPP* out to the bathroom, Chuck Jones-style. Little Tina-shaped cloud of dust with pinfeathers spinning in it.
Now you got me thinking (that's bad) - I tried to Wiki 'Roadrunner in Native American mythology' and got nothing. Chuck Jones notwithstanding, Coyote is Trickster; what's Roadrunner's story? Anybody?
Searching "roadrunner kachina" turned up some photos, and the statement that the Navajo roadrunner kachina "assists in bringing rain and wards off witchcraft to protect homes."