You Need To 2013-10-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

You Need To 2013-10-08

Post by jwhouk »

KILL HER?????
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
MerchManDan

Re: You Need To 2013-10-08

Post by MerchManDan »

:shock: OK, so Tina believes the Do-no-harm geas still applies to Monica, even though Mon has been heavily upgraded from "human" for quite some time.

This is clearly not doing much to help Mons state of mind.
Last edited by MerchManDan on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

oookayyy...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

This would be a really good time for Phix to show up.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:This would be a really good time for Phix to show up.
Or Bud.

Or Jin.

Or Katherine...

Or maybe even Lily and Suzi.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I am SOOO glad it's Tuesday.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

I can understand where tina's coming from here, her action not only hurt someone but a very close friend I would be asking for the same thing in her place.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I do marvel at the lack of the concept of moderation lately in this story line. It seems like they're all Tea Party members.
(Please, no political retorts, for comedic intent only.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Uh, the rat tail's back.....

And I have no IDEA what to say about any of the rest of it.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oh, man. :shock: I thought the situation couldn't possibly get worse.

Wrong again, I guess. Tina's "You need to" and "You have to!" sound really ominous.

This feels to me as if she's doing something rather more than making an abject apology here... as if she's desperately begging Monica to kill her, before something very much more terrible than death happens.

It could be anything from "Phix shows up, loses her temper, and shreds all of us demons into eternal torment", to "The no-harming-humans geas kicks in, time stops for everybody forever, and the world as we know it ends."

None of the above is going to help Monica feel a damned bit better about anything, I fear.

>>shiver<<

I hope I'm wrong... and it all converges back to nothing worse than a very sincere apology, a chance for forgiving, and some serious healing-and-recovery time all around.
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

Timotheus wrote:I do marvel at the lack of the concept of moderation lately in this story line. It seems like they're all Tea Party members.
you get a plus one for that. lol
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

From somewhere I remember a story about a soul facing judgement. The angels received him well and are trying to comfort him. But he bears the guilt of, as a doctor, having let himself be mislead by a colleague who took advantage of that and murdered children. He's reassured that the children are safe and bear him no ill will, and that the murderer has been dealt with. He's asked if he can be at peace with knowing that. He answers, even so, how can he ask for mercy, kneeling on their dead bodies? The angels ponder this, and comment, how few come to us and ask for justice, not mercy.

Tina is ethical, perhaps to a fault. If Monica can withstand the power of Tina's demonic suggestion, perhaps she can visit Tina's covey and deal directly with them. Tar is dead, yes, indirectly by Tina's action, and that alone may be her invocation to suicide.

Monica's gone from one frying pan to another. Plan B is a poit to Phix and ask for guidance on this problem.

Pablo warned us this is his most intense storyline yet, and it's sure shaping up that way!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Timotheus wrote:I do marvel at the lack of the concept of moderation lately in this story line. It seems like they're all Tea Party members.
The problem is... Politics aren't funny
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Tina really needs to get her head, and her morals, straightened out. This is like a loyal retainer who did something for their lord that failed. The only way to attone for the failure is for the lord to kill them, or allow themselves honorable suicide. While it is a way for the person to prove great loyalty it is really stupid. Just what part of the demon code requires this type of thinking?

Tina has shown signs of this kind of thinking before. She has always worried about hurting others and is always quick to accept the blame for anything that goes wrong. Sadly none of the girls have really paid attention to this and tried to help her deal with it. Shelly explained who she hurt by just tossing the reasons and then forgetting about it. Monica did promise to help Tina delve into her past but has never followed through on it. While Phix has encouraged her to be a single entity she has done nothing else. This attitude is part of the result of this.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atomic wrote:From somewhere I remember a story about a soul facing judgement. The angels received him well and are trying to comfort him. But he bears the guilt of, as a doctor, having let himself be mislead by a colleague who took advantage of that and murdered children. He's reassured that the children are safe and bear him no ill will, and that the murderer has been dealt with. He's asked if he can be at peace with knowing that. He answers, even so, how can he ask for mercy, kneeling on their dead bodies? The angels ponder this, and comment, how few come to us and ask for justice, not mercy.

Tina is ethical, perhaps to a fault. If Monica can withstand the power of Tina's demonic suggestion, perhaps she can visit Tina's covey and deal directly with them. Tar is dead, yes, indirectly by Tina's action, and that alone may be her invocation to suicide.

Monica's gone from one frying pan to another. Plan B is a poit to Phix and ask for guidance on this problem.

Pablo warned us this is his most intense storyline yet, and it's sure shaping up that way!
Yes... Tina IS ethical. I don't think that her problem is Monica Killing the Tar indirectly because of her that is bothering Tina. It is that Monica got raped in the process. Whether or not the Do No Harm Geas is in effect and Phix is on her way to take care of business, Tina has hurt someone she considers a friend... The only one who has really stood up for Tina. Oddly, Tina and Monica are probably as close as Monica and Shelly and it is tearing the hearts out of Tina's demons that they've hurt someone they care about. True, it was in Covey Space, but it was as real to Monica as real space. Haven't you ever had a dream that seemed so real... one that you wake up screaming just as you were in the dream? Monica needs to snap out of this real quick... I can almost see Monica refusing to kill Tina as punishment... instead telling her that if she wishes to be punished, her punishment is to live, knowing just how badly she can hurt someone even with the most benign of intentions. Also, I called it that if Tina had done anything wrong, it was not briefing Monica fully before sending her in to deal with Jet's inner demons. It's good that Tina realizes that... that is the first step
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

zachariah wrote:Tina really needs to get her head, and her morals, straightened out. This is like a loyal retainer who did something for their lord that failed. The only way to attone for the failure is for the lord to kill them, or allow themselves honorable suicide. While it is a way for the person to prove great loyalty it is really stupid. Just what part of the demon code requires this type of thinking?
Apparently Tina has been serving others for so long she has become Samurai. . . .(Japanese word that literally means "to serve")

My first thought was this
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
BikerScum

Post by BikerScum »

Bigotry is never funny, even when it is (allegedly) political. The bigotry against the Tea Party, and the implied character assassination, is troubling, and extremely arrogant.
Last edited by BikerScum on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheOtherOne

Post by TheOtherOne »

DilyV wrote:
The problem is... Politics aren't funny
Right. Never Ever bring up fucking politics in this forum again! It's the surest way to kill a good board, and this is a good board. Doesn't matter if it's in jest, it will only upset people needlessly and some will feel insulted. Nothing good will come from it. It will either lead to the board being shut down, or people being banned. Not to mention good people simply leaving it because they hate seeing such posts (from either side). I've seen all three occur and have left otherwise good boards to get away from it. The best thing to do is stamp it out before it even has a chance to get started.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Fairportfan wrote:I am SOOO glad it's Tuesday.
Amen to this. (Though this should have been Friday's cliffhanger...)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Fairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:This would be a really good time for Phix to show up.
Or Bud.
Or Jin.
Or Katherine...
Or maybe even Lily and Suzi.
No, I think it has to be Phix, because in Tina eyes only Phix's judgments are final. The rest can argue and philosophize, but in the end only a sphinx can grant her absolution or damnation.
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/took-the-phone/

But we are also seeing here more developments in Tina. Think back, demons are basically kibitzer -- they comment and suggest, but in the end the decision is yours, not theirs -- they just do what they do for kicks. Tina is taking ownership of this decision, agonizing over it, and questioning her actions, which may be a big evolutionary step for a demon or a covey of demons.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.