Return the Favor 2013-09-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Stigmartyr762

Return the Favor 2013-09-27

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Don't fuck with Monica, cause she fucks back.

And uses extra grit to boot.
Last edited by Stigmartyr762 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
zachariah

Re: Return the Favor 2013-09-26

Post by zachariah »

That is one heck of a post it note.

That is strange. In panel one it almost looks like the TAR is being forced to come out of Monica, or her hair. Could it have been trying to hide inside her? Or is that an illusion from the way it is drawn?
Last edited by zachariah on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Re: Return the Favor 2013-09-26

Post by zachariah »

Stigmartyr762 while the date was correct for when you posted this comment. The strip is for the 27th. You should change the title so it is correct please.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Re: Return the Favor 2013-09-27

Post by Fairportfan »

Ow
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That is one seriously tortured... whatever it is (was).
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"Whatever it was ... it's dead."
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Guidance is saying a lot of OMG's. From what Monica is doing and the power it displays shouldn't there be a few WTF's in there as well. After all I am sure this is way beyond anything Guidance has ever seen or heard about before.

I wonder is we will see Sphinx's next week to discuss Monica ignoring some of the rules for dealings in CSpace.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Does this imply that Monica's bark is worse than her bite? Or just that Tree's company?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

zachariah wrote:Does this imply that Monica's bark is worse than her bite? Or just that Tree's company?
There is a pun vault tapping some appendage on the ground staring pointedly at you.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

zachariah wrote:Does this imply that Monica's bark is worse than her bite? Or just that Tree's company?
Well, she is branching out.

Drops a year's worth of nuts and acorns into the pun jar.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

As much as we're all enjoying Monica get revenge on the Tar thing, I do think she's missing something, perhaps due to her anger:

1. Nobody ever visits Jet's demon world (until now)
2. Tar has been there for some time (since childhood), but ignored by the Sphinxes as a Human Problem
3. Tar is a bully but for Hate and Anger keeping it in check
4. Tar attacked Monica, likely to establish dominance like it had bullied Jet's other demons (save Hate and Anger)

So -- what the hell is it, and where did it come from? More importantly, can it leave to escape Monica's wrath, simply to return after the battle, perhaps to infect Monica? Is Tar a symptom, or a disease?

Whatever training Phix gave Monica, I doubt "shoot first and ask questions later" was part of the advice. This is a bad case of bull in the china shop, and I fear it will end badly due to overreaction or missed opportunity.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Opus the Poet wrote:
There is a pun vault tapping some appendage on the ground staring pointedly at you.
Drops the clue-by-four I was just smacked with into the pun jar. Such things are never reused and they are just cluttering up my storage space.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

:shock: I wonder if this particular attack is influenced by Monica's feline nature. Male cats develop barbed penises after reaching puberty after all.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Holy crap... What a thorny subject this has turned out to be... :roll:

I have to wonder what damage Monica might be doing to Jet's psyche by killing off the tar. What if the Tar's influence is what makes Jet, Jet?

I'm worried about Monica in this as well... She's reacting to what the tar did to her, but what about what the tar means to Jet? Shouldn't she find some part of Jet to pass judgment while she has the tar incapacitated? Is Jet even cognizant this is even happening within her?

*heads for the door humming "Every Rose has its Thorn" and tosses a holly bush and a cactus in the Pun Jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Masterof7s

Post by Masterof7s »

Atomic wrote:As much as we're all enjoying Monica get revenge on the Tar thing, I do think she's missing something, perhaps due to her anger:

1. Nobody ever visits Jet's demon world (until now)
2. Tar has been there for some time (since childhood), but ignored by the Sphinxes as a Human Problem
3. Tar is a bully but for Hate and Anger keeping it in check
4. Tar attacked Monica, likely to establish dominance like it had bullied Jet's other demons (save Hate and Anger)

So -- what the hell is it, and where did it come from? More importantly, can it leave to escape Monica's wrath, simply to return after the battle, perhaps to infect Monica? Is Tar a symptom, or a disease?

Whatever training Phix gave Monica, I doubt "shoot first and ask questions later" was part of the advice. This is a bad case of bull in the china shop, and I fear it will end badly due to overreaction or missed opportunity.
You're overthinking it.

When you burn something to ash it doesn't come back unless it's a phoenix. Tar was a problem, now it's dead.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Talk about getting Shish kabobed. I bet come Monday that little beastie 'slurps' off the stick and TRYS to get away, but Monica wasn't B.S.'ing about the astral fire so maybe it has time to answer a few questions on its...."Deathbed".
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

It also depends on if the tar is its total form or just its physical mass and its core is made of sterner stuff.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

A flaming 10' barbed enema.

Hopefully this is just another case of instinctually finding a targets worst fear and giving it to them http://wapsisquare.com/comic/land-sakes/. It would probably indicate some severe problems in her own personality if she came up with something this nasty on her own.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

This...might sting a bit..

*drops thorny Juliet-rose-stem in pun-jar*
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Those ain't no French ticklers on that thing. Ouchy.

Everyone gather 'round the Tar-becue!