Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Post by zachariah »

Tina may be off to the side filling a bucket with cold water for the two of them. Might be safer than trying to separate them.

If not she'll say something pithy or call for Bud, maybe Shelly.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:I've never been hit with a flabbergaster, but from the illustration, it's not that pleasant.
It's a common enough experience and, you're right, it isn't all that pleasant.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:I've never been hit with a flabbergaster, but from the illustration, it's not that pleasant.
It's a common enough experience and, you're right, it isn't all that pleasant.
Ah, yes...I have been hit with one of those.
But I usually try to keep my mouth closed on those occasions.
:lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Those thinking that this is the method by which others may access the Land of the Dead are probably right. I'd have a hard time imagining a more reliable method of saving for a college fund in this day and age. :idea: ;)
Jay-Em wrote:Having chewed a bit on this, I suppose another explanation could be applied: Say that this is a view diréctly into Georgette's mind by grace of our multi-demon Barista?

I know Pablo isn't above simple fan-service, but Georgette and Monica lip-locked like that? A tad too convenient and out-of-the-blue.

On the other hand, M being "Torn between two lovers" could make for some interesting soap opera-like interlude between all the exitement with legendary critters.
M imagining her mouth-anaconda jammed down Kevin's throat last year came to mind. Of course. But that was a nascent "sub-Titan" at play, only half-aware she could "break her boy".

I think DilyV could be on a roll, and that this will at least get Monica to consider her options, which have suddenly shot towards infinity. Bud once reminded Brandi/Thip, "I could take any guy I want... Is that clear enough for you?" --Acacia had ten thousand years to learn restraint. The Jaguar has lived only thirty and change. While M is clear on her bedroom ethics, that was before she accepted what she was.

There's a reason Doubt rides point in the herd. Lust and Vanity could plunge the world into more trouble than merely unleashing the violence of Anger and Hate.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Well, as far as Monica goes, we saw when she dumped Nudge into a volcano that she has some sort of ability to connect to the emotions of other people; she was able to tell what Nudge was afraid of. And when she confronted Phix whilst in her Jaguar Girl guise, she stated how difficult it was to control her own emotions while in her catty form. Her later romp through the city with Shelly further shows her impulse control problems when in that form. Since she was in her jaguar mode when she appeared in front of Georgette, she was probably well aware of and very receptive to whatever Georgette was feeling.

Regarding what's going on in Georgette's mind. . .ummmm. . .yeah. Who knows. Multiple theories abound. Maybe she has a thing for catgirls.

And as for Georgette groping Monica: having experience with a girl who was much shorter than myself and who had extremely abundant physical evidence of femininity, I've learned that it can be difficult to not grope that person. Everything sort of sticks out and gets in the way.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Catawampus wrote:Well, as far as Monica goes, we saw when she dumped Nudge into a volcano that she has some sort of ability to connect to the emotions of other people; she was able to tell what Nudge was afraid of. And when she confronted Phix whilst in her Jaguar Girl guise, she stated how difficult it was to control her own emotions while in her catty form. Her later romp through the city with Shelly further shows her impulse control problems when in that form. Since she was in her jaguar mode when she appeared in front of Georgette, she was probably well aware of and very receptive to whatever Georgette was feeling.

Regarding what's going on in Georgette's mind. . .ummmm. . .yeah. Who knows. Multiple theories abound. Maybe she has a thing for catgirls.

And as for Georgette groping Monica: having experience with a girl who was much shorter than myself and who had extremely abundant physical evidence of femininity, I've learned that it can be difficult to not grope that person. Everything sort of sticks out and gets in the way.
Thus the phrase, She was quiet a hand full.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Neveko

Post by Neveko »

Wait.
What.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

So, what do you think is happening with Dr. Gilchrist and her crew?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I think both are going to back away with a serious helping of "I don't know what came over me..." going on. This is probably just as much a surprise to Jet as it is to Monica. We all have heard the rumors about the modeling world... which makes us automatically think that Jet has been exposed and has lived that rumor... That's not in evidence. She has however exhibited a fondness for Monica before... Maybe this is all repressed feelings for Monica coming out in a trip wire kind of way... most likely due to Tina putting Jet more closely in touch with her own feelings that maybe she'd have liked.

Monica was kind of wierded out by Jet back when they first met, and ticked it off to seeing herself in Jet and being uncomfortable about it. There are a lot of things that we perceive about people that we never quite know where we get the idea from... it's just there. Jet never really made her intentions clear and to be honest, we can only have assumed that Jet had harbored an attraction for Monica back the last time they saw each other based on what we did see... The fact that they suffered from the same affliction may have solidified things for Jet, who might not have known exactly how to let Monica in on her secret... only to have Monica slip away before she found the way or the courage to say something. It isn't easy finding yourself faced with a situation that flies in the face of everything you've been taught. Then you have to go through the stages to deal with it... Shock, confusion, Repulsion, denial, antipathy, curiosity, exploration, decision, and acceptance. That goes for both Monica and Jet.

I'm not by any means suggesting that Monica will act on this situation in the way Jet might want her to. On the contrary. Monica is in the shock stage right now. Mass confusion will set in, tempered by the novelty of it all. Repulsion will set in when "what am I doing?" finally passes through her mind, followed by a healthy dose of "I didn't enjoy that" denial. She'll settle on her antipathy to the incident to justify why she didn't like it, but curiosity will temper that with a dose of "Did I?" Maybe she will agonize over the incident... most likely when she's alone and has time to think clearly and explore how she really thinks about it. She'll come to a decision whether or not she did or didn't like it and whether she does or doesn't wish to explore things further, and she'll accept where this all leads no matter where it leads.

Keep in mind that Jet could be going through the same thought processes in this matter too. We're assuming that Jet has been with other girls... I think this might be a little closer to her seeing it going on around her but maybe not partaking because of her seeming attraction to Monica. For example, when you really crave a Pepsi, a Coke just won't do... Simplistic, but descriptive. Still, its all subjective till this all plays out. There are a lot of good points in the posts on this thread... it's going to be fun to see who gets to say "CALLED IT!!!" in the end!!! :D
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Well, as far as Monica goes, we saw when she dumped Nudge into a volcano that she has some sort of ability to connect to the emotions of other people; she was able to tell what Nudge was afraid of. And when she confronted Phix whilst in her Jaguar Girl guise, she stated how difficult it was to control her own emotions while in her catty form. Her later romp through the city with Shelly further shows her impulse control problems when in that form. Since she was in her jaguar mode when she appeared in front of Georgette, she was probably well aware of and very receptive to whatever Georgette was feeling.

Dude... *just points to the pun jar shaking my head* LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

If Paul really wanted heads to explode, on Tuesday he would show them in bed together with Monica saying, "Wow, that really escalated quickly," BEFORE he let us off the hook with a perfectly innocent reason for why they were there.

TlalocW
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Timotheus wrote:So, what do you think is happening with Dr. Gilchrist and her crew?
:D :lol: I love ya, man.

It had better involve some baby griffons, and having the best day ever.

Speaking of sisters, why do you think Jill nicknamed hers Jet?

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:
zachariah wrote:

Dude... *just points to the pun jar shaking my head* LOL
That was not a pun. I stated it exactly the way it is used. All double meanings are purely the responsibility of the reader.

But just to keep the peace. Deposits a second base man's mitt to the jar.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Yamara wrote:
Timotheus wrote:So, what do you think is happening with Dr. Gilchrist and her crew?

The petting zoo may be letting them handfeed the baby Griffins feeder mice today.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Okay, Jet's just been emotionally traumatized by our favorite barista. And Monica poits in, eyes blazing, ready to kick ass in response to that panicked call. Obviously emotions are running high for all three of them. Jet reached her limit when Monica arrived in a blaze of glory, right after Jet had been ripped to shreds emotionally. She snapped. I'd say, yes, she always had a thing for Monica, whether she admitted it to herself or not. And then Monica poits in like a beautiful avenging angel, right in front of her, right when she's wounded and in shock. Thus, the grab and kiss.
It doesn't make it right, but it makes it understandable.
I'd say Monica is in a bit of shock herself. She expected to have to save a friend, fight something bad enough to provoke that panicked call for help, she's all charged up-and then a crying Jet immediately tackles her in a passionate embrace. Yep, Monica is momentarily frozen with shock.
There will be a 'WHAT THE FRIG?!!" There will be tears, and bewilderment. Maybe she'll be pissed when the shock wears off.
And the big question is still, what made Tina pull out all that backstory, and ruthlessly lay Jet's psyche bare? Tina did not mean to do that, she was freaked out when it was over. Whatever or whoever made that happen is a very big thing,indeed!
I haven't a clue. Wapsi Sqaure often makes me feel like Katherine and Atsali in the mine car. What a wild ride!
And I'll be obsessively clicking the refresh button tonight for the next comic. :D
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Mark N wrote:
Yamara wrote:

The petting zoo may be letting them handfeed the baby Griffins feeder mice today.
Yeah, the grifchicks probably can't handle whole squirrels yet.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

MerchManDan wrote:......alright. Do I make a bee-line to the obvious, or do I stay classy and/or somewhat apropos?
You left off this one:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:The petting zoo may be letting them handfeed the baby Griffins feeder mice today.
Ummm. Possibly not an entirely safe thing to do in the Wapsiverse.

It appears that mice were closely associated with Apollo... they were considered sacred by his worshippers and were raised and fed in his temple.

There hasn't been any specific mention of Apollo that I can recall... we don't know whether he's on Earlh (like Bia) or excluded by the Vimana Grid (like Shiva and Amun), or whether he actually does have a soft spot in his heart for squeaky murines.

Ne'erthless, it may be that the zoo has a policy of not deliberately dissing sungods... divine wrath is a bad thing to have happen during pledge-drive season. ;)
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I think they prefer tiger striped bass tails myself.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
WilliamCA

Post by WilliamCA »

Fairportfan wrote:A second look at the picture made me think of the end of the Buffy episode in which Willow met Bad Willow, the vamp from an alternate timeline and they kissed before Bad Willow got sent back...

"Hands! Hands!"
How can this scene remind you of one of the worst and most badly written scenes in that show?