Really Here 2013-08-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Really Here 2013-08-30

Post by Atomic »

And now -- reality sets in!

It's a good thing they know each other. How awkward things would be if they didn't!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Re: Really Here 2013-08-30

Post by Opus the Poet »

Monica was a little Jagged out? :mrgreen: ETA: Ninja'd by seconds.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Second panel FTW
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

"One heaping order of Sunshine coming right."

And I wonder what's been happening to Georgette to cause he to be so wound up? Aside from the Tina Special.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

At first i thought Tina was depending on Monica's Jaguar-hearing...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

...and that may be Monica's best poit-landing yet.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Fairportfan wrote:...and that may be Monica's best poit-landing yet.
She's still wearing a socially acceptable amount of clothing, and in the right places. Yep, it's a good landing.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Heh... yup... "Dial M for Monica!" is playing in the Mucho Mocha Cinema.

She really does do an impressive riff on the old Johnny Storm number, too... "[Astral] Flame On!"
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I believe we need to establish some Jag-Con code levels for these summons.
You know, level One or Yellow for poit to the basement and walk up the stairs like normal, level Two or Orange for poit to the washroom enter alertly, level Three or RED for poit to center of the room with the fangs out, and level Four or Spotted for poit in flaming.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wyvern wrote:
She's still wearing a socially acceptable amount of clothing, and in the right places. Yep, it's a good landing.
...and she's on her feet!

If her landing from the portal-cloth pickup hadn't been a tad less than perfect, i'd figure that the more she thinks about getting it right, the less likely she is to do so.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

This looks like it could get kinda squirrely... I said the other day that it appeared that Georgette might be attracted to Monica... Think about it... Tina is pulling EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink out of Georgie-girl including the need for Monica... Now this... There is a lingering niggling doubt in my mind that somehow Mon and Georgie are related... touched off by Tina's remarks about the plane crash and Georgette's sister covered in blood but not all of it being hers... Then Tina mentions Georgette was looking for her ( I assumed Tina was referring to the sister) and that she needed... Sunshine, she needed Monica... I kind of thought this was hinting that Monica was Georgette's sister, but I don't think that's the case. Georgette's sister is running the pub if I remember correctly and we've never heard of such a traumatic plane crash in Monica's past. Unless Georgette has more than one sister, but still... Georgette would know that Monica was her sister and would have said something.

The reaction to Monica showing up can be taken a few different ways... a. Shock and Awe for Monica showing up the way she did. b. The last time Georgette saw Monica was at the Mucho Mocha. It seems plausible it would be he first place she would consciously or sub-consciously start looking for Monica. in this case, it refers back to a. c. Georgette sub-consciously is attracted to Monica and is beginning to realize it. Seeing Monica appear as she did immediately after having her need for Monica so astutely ripped from her sub-conscious by Tina has to have given Georgette a serious case of... hero-worship seems too small for what we're seeing here I think... but it seems like a good start...

Oh, and d. IT's FRICKIN' FRIDAY!!!! AAAAAAAGH!!!!! We won't get to see hoe this plays out till Monday!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Probably the last person Mon was expecting to see; she looks as stunned as 'Jet.
Wyvern wrote:
"Any landing you can walk away from with clothes on...." ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Now is it love or need for Monica? It's hard to tell from Georgettes response. Need because Monica may be the only one who ever accepted her as herself and didn't try and get something out of her. They were also alike in eating habits and somewhat in personality. It could be love for a relative, or it could be she really is in love with Monica, or her image on Monica. Now we have to wait to find out.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DilyV wrote:This looks like it could get kinda squirrely... I said the other day that it appeared that Georgette might be attracted to Monica... Think about it... Tina is pulling EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink out of Georgie-girl including the need for Monica... Now this... There is a lingering niggling doubt in my mind that somehow Mon and Georgie are related... touched off by Tina's remarks about the plane crash and Georgette's sister covered in blood but not all of it being hers... Then Tina mentions Georgette was looking for her ( I assumed Tina was referring to the sister) and that she needed... Sunshine, she needed Monica... I kind of thought this was hinting that Monica was Georgette's sister, but I don't think that's the case. Georgette's sister is running the pub if I remember correctly and we've never heard of such a traumatic plane crash in Monica's past. Unless Georgette has more than one sister, but still... Georgette would know that Monica was her sister and would have said something.
Cousins.

I still say cousins.

Either first or second.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Monica poits in ready for a battle, covered with astral fire, glowing eyes, etc. Georgette response is opposite of rational expectations (i.e. full freakout). Hold on to your hats folks, we are heading down the rabbit hole again, and this one looks to be weird!
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

All these rabbit holes are weird, why should this one be any different?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Fairportfan wrote: Cousins.

I still say cousins.

Either first or second.
Yes.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Odd..

I don't understand what's going on here. The blushing of Georgette looks more like someone that is suddenly confronted with his/her crush, than someone just relieved, or something.

Or is Georgette just flustered, because she réally admires M as one of the people she knóws that isn't interested in her status as Model/celebrity? Or as someone she looks up to?

I can't make head or tails from this.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Timotheus wrote:I believe we need to establish some Jag-Con code levels for these summons.
You know, level One or Yellow for poit to the basement and walk up the stairs like normal, level Two or Orange for poit to the washroom enter alertly, level Three or RED for poit to center of the room with the fangs out, and level Four or Spotted for poit in flaming.
I'm gonna raise the warning system from, "Blackwatch Plaid," to the cover of Rush's seminal album, "Moving Pictures."
- Phil Ken Sebben, "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law"
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

txmystic wrote:
Fairportfan wrote: Cousins.

I still say cousins.

Either first or second.
Yes.
Which degree depends on just how much of a Lad Grandpa Sullivan was.
=====================
=====================
mike weber