Castela, "It's Singing!" 2013-08-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: Castela, "It's Singing!" 2013-08-06

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:
Atomic wrote:And I haven't been bothered by public speaking ever since. Not even the time I was nude.
And there, ladies and gentlemen, we have the best textbook-quality example of a "narrative hook" to have been posted anywhere during calendar year 2013. :mrgreen: :lol:
Funny you should ask!

One lovely day during a national holiday, I had the pleasure of enjoying the parades and so forth, finally ending up with a big presentation in front of the Palace. As I was giving the usual State of the Empire speech, some little weisenheimer in the third row blurted out "He's not wearing any clothes!" Well, things went downhill pretty quickly from there. Between the political awkwardness and other complications, I wound up taking a early retirement and relocating to some place quieter. It's been nice, granted, but boy, if I ever catch up with those two tailors, there will be hell to pay.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Post by Julie »

Atomic wrote:
Dave wrote:
Atomic wrote:And I haven't been bothered by public speaking ever since. Not even the time I was nude.
And there, ladies and gentlemen, we have the best textbook-quality example of a "narrative hook" to have been posted anywhere during calendar year 2013. :mrgreen: :lol:
Funny you should ask!

One lovely day during a national holiday, I had the pleasure of enjoying the parades and so forth, finally ending up with a big presentation in front of the Palace. As I was giving the usual State of the Empire speech, some little weisenheimer in the third row blurted out "He's not wearing any clothes!" Well, things went downhill pretty quickly from there. Between the political awkwardness and other complications, I wound up taking a early retirement and relocating to some place quieter. It's been nice, granted, but boy, if I ever catch up with those two tailors, there will be hell to pay.
Ba-dum TSH! :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Aaand, now I'm thinking about arranging a garden for audio beauty as well as visual...
You might have more than you think.

I have an Apple tree in my back yard as old as me, and one Apple tree old as my son(planted the Spring after he was born, right after the last frost). I have Forsythia and Crabapple trees, and an evergreen in my front garden bed. They have a music all their own if you listen on a breezy day.
The birds building nests in them raising families add to it, the chittering squirrels running along the neighbours battered and worn picket fence, fighting over the seed in the feeders, as do the happy kids that watch the antics of animals that play in it's branches. The winds whispering secrets through the branches of the trees, as the leaves rustle a reply.

Some people hang chimes from them to "distract from the boring feel of them" and that is sad, because if they'd only listen, they'd hear a symphony that is drowned out by them.

Early Morning is the best, because the cacophony of zooming travellers and various modern noises are not present, just a sleepy street waking up to another glorious morning. If you can manage it, wake up very early on a day off and sit and listen to your yard waking up. You might be surprised.
Another group of trees that sings is evergreens. I love the sound of wind in the pine needles.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

bmonk wrote:Another group of trees that sings is evergreens. I love the sound of wind in the pine needles.
My father's house(used to be my Grandparents house) has these HUGE Pine trees(Two people can't quite get their arms around the trunks), and you're right, they have a beautiful sound.
I have a young Cypress(I think) in my front garden bed, and in addition to being soft and pretty, makes a neat sound when the branches brush against the window in a storm. Because I'm not wanting it to get out of control, I'm gonna bonsai it back away from the house, but for now, it's gorgeous.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir