Part Of My Adventure 2013-07-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: Part Of My Adventure 2013-07-31

Post by Yamara »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:... Heck, maybe Uncle Tepoz can come by and poit them to and from para-school. ...
Except Tepoz cannot "poit!" I seem to remember others doing the 'den mother' task for him.
No, he can poit. He played "soccer mom" for Nudge, who cannot teleport.

Edits: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/soccor-mom/

Golems can poit because it's part of May's original programming for golems.

More unusual is why Monica can poit, something that originally took Tepoz by surprise: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/gottenhere/ Maybe it's something subTitans can do, but I don't think the source of her teleportation power has been directly explained yet.
Last edited by Yamara on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Mark N wrote:It has occured to me that this strip could have been called "Atsali's Choice"

(places a vintage copy of 'Sophie's Choice' in the jar"
The Pun Jar returns the book because of violation of pun etiquette. If you have to provide a hint to make the pun work it means you don't believe a lot of people will get it. The proper way is just put the pun out there and wait for people to get it with out help. If they don't, that's the breaks and the chance you takes.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

zachariah wrote:
Mark N wrote:It has occured to me that this strip could have been called "Atsali's Choice"

(places a vintage copy of 'Sophie's Choice' in the jar"
The Pun Jar returns the book because of violation of pun etiquette. If you have to provide a hint to make the pun work it means you don't believe a lot of people will get it. The proper way is just put the pun out there and wait for people to get it with out help. If they don't, that's the breaks and the chance you takes.
I sawwey. (Heck, I barely got it and I came up with it. Then again I remember that film well when it came out 31 years ago.)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yamara wrote:
ChattaStarhawk wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:... Heck, maybe Uncle Tepoz can come by and poit them to and from para-school. ...
Except Tepoz cannot "poit!" I seem to remember others doing the 'den mother' task for him.
No, he can poit. He played "soccer mom" for Nudge, who cannot teleport.

Edits: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/soccor-mom/

Golems can poit because it's part of May's original programming for golems.

More unusual is why Monica can poit, something that originally took Tepoz by surprise: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/gottenhere/ Maybe it's something subTitans can do, but I don't think the source of her teleportation power has been directly explained yet.
For some reason I was under the impression that it had something to do with be able to read Glyph...I very definitely could be wrong in my memory of that though...I often have trouble remembering my name when signing forms at work. :oops:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I share the impression that Glyph readers (as opposed to people who can read Glyph; I believe Phix made that distinction) can poit.

... makes me wonder if Jin could poit before going clay ... ?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I suspect she (Jin) could. It's a special talent. Of course, the question is, why didn't she (Monica) know about it until after she went to the Library with Brandi?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

jwhouk wrote:I suspect she (Jin) could. It's a special talent. Of course, the question is, why didn't she (Monica) know about it until after she went to the Library with Brandi?
Nothing happens in Wapsi without hints...Monica had the incident of sneezing her bra off (moments away from leaving for my day of rest, or I'd link it)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous