Not Real 2013-07-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Not Real 2013-07-25

Post by zachariah »

Typical reaction when hurt. Strike out at others.

Her library buddy is a child. Probably looks up to Sali as one of the few who don't ignore her or put her down. Now Sali will feel bad about it and apologize to her tomorrow, maybe.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
KnightDelight

Re: Not Real 2013-07-25

Post by KnightDelight »

Yeah Atsali, stop being mean! She's such a cute little devil after all. Maybe this will lead to a shakeup of the orphanage and those who run it. And I know just the spider lady to do it. Could also be Kath will end up with 2 new charges after the dust settles. Heck, maybe she's destined to become the new manager of the place.
Last edited by KnightDelight on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

This may be the one of the reasons the Library pulled the quick drop on Atsali. To let her figure out things that she needs to learn first, the fact that she is needed as well as having her own needs.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Mark N wrote:This may be the one of the reasons the Library pulled the quick drop on Atsali. To let her figure out things that she needs to learn first, the fact that she is needed as well as having her own needs.
All Sali is doing now is hurting inside. I doubt he is thinking about anything else than herself and how she's been dumped on again. Her words that it's a fake and not real are how SHE feels about what just happened. She thought Kathy cared and now thinks that Kathy just dumped her after it was all over. So whatever feeling was between them was a fake. So she lashes out. The kid is just at the wrong place at the wrong time and catches the blast from Sali. Thus the lesson is shared in the worst way.

I kinda doubt the library even cared. I suspect it only is concerned with it's purpose. Anything is is moot to it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

On Wednesday, Leak wrote:Am I the only one that was wondering what Monica was doing there in the third panel?

(The lack of freckles and the sudden white of the previously purple shirt threw me off...)
The lack of freckles persists... instant puberty? Of course, that doesn't explain the shirt color....
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Today it is even clearer that the room has no door. Whoever mentioned the using of buddies to keep watch on each other as a control method nailed that one. This is not a nice orphanage. More like a warehouse for unwanted kids that does the minimum it has to and pockets anything above that. I just hope Sali is recused before this changes her into something she won't like being. This kind of hurt at that age can go deep and last a long time.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Kathy had better get there quickly before Atsali and the Little Girl Devil are hurt beyond repair.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

It becomes more clear by the minute hów important this "Library-day"is to Atsali (and the rest of the orphans) If this Orphanage is of dubious fame, it could be their only "outing"for a month.

Add to that the fact that Kat and Atsali bonded, but that Atsali got whisked away from this "one day"adventure, I can understand why she's distraught. And, like most teens, empathy with another in a comparable situation isn't very developed.

Though, I dó think the little demon-like-tyke will tug at Atsali's heartstrings enough for her to mellow out. I'd like to think that, now she has experienced what it means to have a "big sister" thanks to katherine, she will start to understand what she means to that little girl.

It'll take time, thoughm, because Atsali is hurting on a déep level here. Hence the lashing-out. Not parsé at the demon-tyke, but at the unfairness of it all.

Kat: Get Your (well-shaped, according to the beach bums) rear in gear and storm the Orphanage... There is a lost soul left wanting&waiting, and maybe even a second littler sister.. That would be fun. Talk about double-takes by the neighbours..hmm.. On second thought, Kat should, indeed, take over the orphanage. The inhabitants might be a bit unsettling to average folk in the Wapsiverse.

Hmm.. there's a little conundrum. What to do. Atsali looks normal enough, but the demon-tyke? Not so much. :? :cry:
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Graymalkin

Post by Graymalkin »

Is the little sister a baby Minotaur?
BrokenMoonblade

Post by BrokenMoonblade »

Atsali could use some air space to stretch her wings and it would be a bit cruel to break up this pair in favor of Kat and her.

Maybe a certain Shadow girl could redeem herself by finding a spacious facility, with a more conventional commute, to house Kat's new family?
I don't usually post, but when I do, I blame Paul. Stay awesome, you magnificent bastard.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Oh, that hurts.

It hurts to see.

It hurts to have it done to you.

It hurts to be.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

All in favor of adopting Atsali and this cute little girl follow me!

Seriously, Atsali does need to do a bit of growing up, however after an experiance like that with Kath where Atsali developed a bond, its not surprising she is lashing out. The first "normal-ish" person to take an interst in Atsali and suddenly she is ripped away without even a good bye? Yeah, teenage angst being what it is, Atsali's world is ending.

I have seen this before in real life, so many kids who are starved for attention like this and when an adult pays them some attention they latch onto that person for dear life as though they caught the life presever from the rescue boat and are afraid its just a dream.

It's amazing how well those kids can turn out with a little TLC from a adult who takes an interest. One of the kids I was involved with as a mentor type thing back in the day is now a succesful naval officer, married with a kid on the way.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

What if when Kat adopts Atsali, the other orphans figure out what led to it? Can you imagine a whole ophanage of Mythic children suddenly wanting to "Go Atsali" and have an adventure that ends with getting a real home?
Julie

Post by Julie »

AmriloJim wrote:
On Wednesday, Leak wrote:Am I the only one that was wondering what Monica was doing there in the third panel?

(The lack of freckles and the sudden white of the previously purple shirt threw me off...)
The lack of freckles persists... instant puberty? Of course, that doesn't explain the shirt color....
She hasn't had freckles in every panel of the comic she's been in...just most of them. :) See the following pages:
Panel 2 (or 3 depending how you read it)
Panel 1 (what little you can see of her face is clear)
Panel 3 (though it could be argused that her face is too shadowed to see freckles) :P

As for the page today...it just hurts. :( I think everyone needs a hug...and a new caretaker...I wonder how many orphans there are in that place...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Atsali! Shame on You! You made the lil' demon-girl cry, crack, whatever (I hope shes not cracking) You say you're sorry right now, Young Lady. :evil: Or.....or.......hmmmm?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Atsali! Shame on You! You made the lil' demon-girl cry, crack, whatever (I hope shes not cracking) You say you're sorry right now, Young Lady. :evil: Or.....or.......hmmmm?
If the little one cracked does that mean their friendship is breaking up?

Deposits a bag of potato chips I accidentally sat on into the jar.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Best of all possible worlds: Katherine tracks down Atsali and visits, finds out the condition of their orphanage, reams out some new anal orifices into old anal orifices, and gets some help in finding suitable homes for the children there.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Lily and Suzi are appointed new directors of the orphanage. With a real budget.

Both of them are devoted to no-one having to live (or die) alone and unknown.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Fairportfan wrote:Lily and Suzi are appointed new directors of the orphanage. With a real budget.

Like! Potential spin-off series as well....

"Alone? Unusual? Nowhere to go? We've got just the place for you!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
displaced

Post by displaced »

Atomic wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Lily and Suzi are appointed new directors of the orphanage. With a real budget.

Like! Potential spin-off series as well....

"Alone? Unusual? Nowhere to go? We've got just the place for you!"

I didn't even think of them but they do have an advantage in them being immortal