A Lot To Answer For 2013-07-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

A Lot To Answer For 2013-07-16

Post by Fairportfan »

Bud's ticked with Tsillah, too.

============

Oh, lord.

Tsillah and Atsali, operating on the same basic level of teenage-too-smart-to-think-it-through.

============

Love the ears in the last. That's the expression and body language of a dog who knows he's done bad...
Last edited by Fairportfan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Locuran

Re: A Lot To Answer For 2013-07-16

Post by Locuran »

Kinda feel sorry for her; sounds like she was just trying to fix something she heard her dad talking about and went head with youthful, naive gusto while forgetting to clue other people in.

Though I kind of get the feeling Bud just doesn't like dealing with the library in general, based on previous strips.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Locuran wrote:Though I kind of get the feeling Bud just doesn't like dealing with the library in general, based on previous strips.
I'd say "bureaucratic hellhole" is a clue, yes.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
displaced

Post by displaced »

ok, I was hoping someone would make some sense of this for me, but now I'm seriously lost. WTF?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Fairportfan wrote:
Locuran wrote:Though I kind of get the feeling Bud just doesn't like dealing with the library in general, based on previous strips.
We don't care, we don't have to. We're the phone company.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

displaced wrote:ok, I was hoping someone would make some sense of this for me, but now I'm seriously lost. WTF?
The whole thing was a Brilliant Idea on Tsillah's part to resolve a problem that had stumped her Daddy.

Sort of like Desert Storm.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yamara wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
"TPC"
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I believe we are about to get an information dump of legendary proportions. The third party manipulator is about to spill all, which should help resolve a lot of the crossed wires between the main manipulators.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

(Note pads will be available in the confusion corner)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

It's becoming a bit untangled. Tsillah has been pulling the strings and using the library as a cover for her actions. Since MIB reacts to the libraries input and request all she had to do was make it seem like her actions were because the library told her and she passed them on.
Brandi's comment about the operator passing along information and instructions was Tsillah pulling the strings. She allowed Sali and Kathy to get into the game and used them to manipulate MIB and Brandi to fix what bugged her dad. All this time we thought the library was the one pulling the strings. No big impersonal device just another teenager trying to do something without thinking it through in the first place.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Yamara wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:"TPC"
Yeah, you know me.

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Looking at panel one apparently this is not the first time Tsillah has done something like this. Tsillah is one of reasons Bud hates MIB HQ. This implies that Tsillah loves to play the political games that come with any embedded bureaucracy. Well Bud is more of a shot from the hip type of person. lol.
I wonder how many other SNAFU's Tsillah has caused in the past?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yeah, Tsillah is about to learn a couple of very valuable lessons.
  • Think through all of the possible consequences.
  • Look at the situation through the eyes of the other people involved.
Being too eagerly focused on the goal you see ahead, and neglecting to look beyond the tunnel-vision... well, that's a common enough thing for the young-and-enthusiastic to do. I know I did some plenty-stupid things of that sort when I was younger; I imagine that most of us have :(

EDIT: I just realized that Tsillah is probably learning a third lesson:
  • Leave shadow puppet theatre to the Balinese.
Last edited by Dave on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Tsillah, Tsillah... what have you been told about thinking? IT ALWAYS CAUSES TROUBLE!!!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Having spent quite a few years in the Military, I can honestly say Kath's answer (having been Air Force) would more than likely be "I'm Fan-fucking- tastic." That was one of the first things I learned in the Army. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

yeah the problem with maturity is it has nothing to do with age and everything to do with mental development.

Tsillah could see the how this could make her look like a herto but she isn't developed enough to undertstand how it was going to effect everyone else involved. she was trying to help but she just didn't think it all the wayc through hopefuly she can grow from this.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I can almost Predict tomorrows one cell strip...

Kath, large and in charge, fists balled up, arms rigid by her side, bent slightly at the waist as she leans towards Bud and Tsillah, screaming at the top of her lungs, sending Bud and Tsillah tumbling...

WHERE THE FUCK IS ATSALI!!!!????
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Am I the only one who looked a Tsillah in the last panel and thought of Yoda? Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Fairportfan wrote:
displaced wrote:ok, I was hoping someone would make some sense of this for me, but now I'm seriously lost. WTF?
The whole thing was a Brilliant Idea on Tsillah's part to resolve a problem that had stumped her Daddy.

Sort of like Desert Storm.
Only since Charon, in Wapsi the personification of Death, finds damaged souls so "creepy", he may have wanted to be informed of any actions to uncover intel before they went into action.

I mean, we now know that the Etheitians were slaughtered in way that probably turned their last generation into a vast generation of nu gui. All still trapped on Earth by the World Grid. All still doing stuff...

He might have wanted to have been in the loop for that.

That's really just the tip of the iceberg, of course. What hasn't been emphasized is what happened to Bud and Brandi's souls. They died before the Chimera destroyed Lanthis. How do you think they're doing?

My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

something my dad has talked about, are damaged souls. They actually give him the creeps. They come from a tragic death of an innocent.
Tsillah may be talking about more than the succubus, that description could also fit the vampires. Tsillah may be is planning on withholding some of the truth, if she had also setup Pratt and McBride.

Speaking of which, where are those 2? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/catch-up-shortly/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:That's really just the tip of the iceberg, of course. What hasn't been emphasized is what happened to Bud and Brandi's souls. They died before the Chimera destroyed Lanthis. How do you think they're doing?
A good question... and one which has been "hanging fire" for years, I think.

We know that the golems were made using the ashes of the murdered girls (Jin, too) and that the golems incorporated the memories and personalities of the girls somehow. I can't recall if Paul has ever stated definitively whether the girls' souls are in there as well. Not a trivial distinction... the golems might be "really them, transplanted into new programmable clay bodies" and thus "persons", or might be "not them, just good reproductions which were programmed to emulate" (and thus perhaps less than true persons?)

It hasn't been until fairly recently in Wapsi that the concept of a soul was really made "canon" (in Shelly's conversation with Conscience about Tina, I think). Now, we have reason to believe that a soul can play a critical role in defining an individual.

Apparently, a damaged soul (the Nu Gui) has been part of "Brandi" for thousands of years. It'd seem odd to me if the soul of the original living Brandi were not also able to "be in there".