Set Adrift 2013-07-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Set Adrift 2013-07-01

Post by DilyV »

Set adrift in the ocean? How did Kath Survive?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Re: Set Adrift 2013-07-01

Post by Fairportfan »

DilyV wrote:Set adrift in the ocean? How did Kath Survive?
Katharine is a chimera of the babies, isn't she?

EDITED after re-reading the page.
Last edited by Fairportfan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Have we seen the glyphs in Atsali's eyes before?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wow. This is the "Creepy Avatars Thread" so far, isn't it?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:
That was the mothers, i think. Katharine is a chimera of the babies.
Lily says, "What happened to the other babies..." That could take on several meanings...

1. The five other 'fourth' babies of which Kath was 'one of six'

2. All the babies of pregnant mothers that were stored.

3. All other newborns, infants and children that were stored in separate crystals as they flooded through the stargates.

Sounds like the mothers were sent to the desert and the babies were set adrift at sea... talk about the murder of innocents...

EDIT: One has to wonder how many Nu Guis were formed out of that many innocent deaths?
Last edited by DilyV on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I tried to delete my post but it had already been responded to and wouldn't let me delete it...

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:Have we seen the glyphs in Atsali's eyes before?
I noticed that too... The same symbol that has been recurring for so long now, to include Bia's headdress...

Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DilyV wrote:
I tried to delete my post but it had already been responded to and wouldn't let me delete it...
Hah! I beat you to self-deletion!

Hmmm. Sirens are sea creatures...

EDIT: And some versions of the tale say there are five. Maybe Katharine and Atsali are more closely related than just being adventure buddies.
Last edited by Fairportfan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:
Hah! I beat you to self-deletion!

Hmmm. Sirens are sea creatures...
Look at all the lurkers down there watching us go back and forth Fairport... lol

Come on guys, jump in, we see you down there!

Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DilyV wrote:Look at all the lurkers down there watching us go back and forth Fairport... lol

Our avatars are scaring them away.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:Look at all the lurkers down there watching us go back and forth Fairport... lol

Our avatars are scaring them away.
Could be...

You might be onto something about sirens... but Kath was found in the Mapimi complex... the 'miracle' of her birth has yet to be explained. She was an unborn child... separated from her mother and placed into the crystal with five other unborns... (forced Chimera?) Would the essences of the six have merged and come out as one, leaving the obvious answer being there are no other five anymore. Atsali said (as an answer from the computer now residing within her) that Kath is the combination of the six 'fourths' that got shunted into the same crystal. So, pointing back to Lily's question about what happened to the other babies, she had to have been asking about ALL the other children that were stored, not the five other 'fourths'.

EDIT: Atsali says here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/athena-missile-test/ that Kath was a baby found in stasis... the combined six babies...
Last edited by DilyV on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

don't mind us, just us lurkers, lurking!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I understood Atsali as saying for each the six women with four babies, one through three were dumped in the ocean and number four went into the crystal.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

As often as the glyph currently in Sali's eyes occurs, I am starting to wonder if it truly represents Bia at all, or if she is just one of many users of it.
Also, I think the succubus may be more evil that the Lanthian priests. They just wanted power.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

totally off topic, but does anyone ELSE hear Atsali's voice as it was done by Majel Barrett, as the voice of the Enterprise Computer in Classic Star Trek? [Computer, i'd like a cup of coffee... "WORKING... bzzt, bzzt... swoosh (replicator door slides open)"] the whole "WORKING" just clicks for me... and whenever she talking in her normal non-computery voice, i hear Reba McEntire...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

DilyV wrote:
I noticed that too... The same symbol that has been recurring for so long now, to include Bia's headdress...
I wonder if that symbol has something to do with titans and/or elder gods in general and not just Bia specifically. We haven't exactly see a lot of Bia to know how deeply she's involved that symbol seems to show up a lot.

Could other titans (likely not Bia since she's shown to be a child at the time herself) have given the Lanthians the knowledge they needed to do all the cool stuff that they and their descendants did? (making golems, star gates, ect) That would explain why the Nu Gui wanted the world grid in place to keep them out. It would have prevented newer generations of humans (i.e. us) from learning that all over again.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote: Lily says, "What happened to the other babies..." That could take on several meanings...

1. The five other 'fourth' babies of which Kath was 'one of six'

2. All the babies of pregnant mothers that were stored.

3. All other newborns, infants and children that were stored in separate crystals as they flooded through the stargates.

Sounds like the mothers were sent to the desert and the babies were set adrift at sea... talk about the murder of innocents...
(2) or (3) Perhaps... there does seem to be reason to accept (per Atsali's comment last week) that Kath is indeed a sixfold chimera, so (1) would not apply.

I'm actually going to guess that it's (4)... each of those six mothers was bearing triplets (not counting the quad-child that was misrouted into a separate crystal and contributed to Kath's creation)... there was no indication that Lily was pregnant when she was dumped in the desert... so I suspect that the three triplets being carried by each of the six women (18 in all) were sent on a short sea-voyage into oblivion, at the same time that the mothers were routed out into the desert.

"Murder of innocents" is a very good point... it brings out the horrible symmetry in this situation. The evil being created by the murder of an innocent, itself decides to carry out a mass murder of innocents. :(

I've gotta say, those Lanthian priests have even more to answer for than I had thought. I'd figured they deserved a particular place of attention in Hell... and now I'm not sure quite what an appropriate form of justice for them would be. They directly tortured and murdered the GGs, their actions resulted in the death of an innocent child... and the after-effects of their actions resulted in the destruction of their whole civilization twice!. Between what the Chimera did, and what the Nu Gui did, essentially all of the priests' people died as a consequence of their actions.

Calling it "karma" seems like an incredible understatement.

Re Atsali's display of eye-glyphs... we've seen that she's an excellent student and a quick study, and now we've seen she's an amazing pupil as well!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

scantrontb wrote:totally off topic, but does anyone ELSE hear Atsali's voice as it was done by Majel Barrett, as the voice of the Enterprise Computer in Classic Star Trek? [Computer, i'd like a cup of coffee... "WORKING... bzzt, bzzt... swoosh (replicator door slides open)"] the whole "WORKING" just clicks for me... and whenever she talking in her normal non-computery voice, i hear Reba McEntire...
Yeah... trouble is, Atsali is more like that mayhem guy in the commercials though...

"RE-CALCULATING!!!!"

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

GuySmiley wrote:
DilyV wrote:
I wonder if that symbol has something to do with titans and/or elder gods in general and not just Bia specifically. We haven't exactly see a lot of Bia to know how deeply she's involved that symbol seems to show up a lot.

Could other titans (likely not Bia since she's shown to be a child at the time herself) have given the Lanthians the knowledge they needed to do all the cool stuff that they and their descendants did? (making golems, star gates, ect) That would explain why the Nu Gui wanted the world grid in place to keep them out. It would have prevented newer generations of humans (i.e. us) from learning that all over again.
That's just sheer Genius... and this is only your 8th post!!! It makes sense in a strange kind of way... Now Brandi is going to have to re-think the whole world grid thing.

pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

scantrontb wrote:totally off topic, but does anyone ELSE hear Atsali's voice as it was done by Majel Barrett, as the voice of the Enterprise Computer in Classic Star Trek? [Computer, i'd like a cup of coffee... "WORKING... bzzt, bzzt... swoosh (replicator door slides open)"] the whole "WORKING" just clicks for me... and whenever she talking in her normal non-computery voice, i hear Reba McEntire...
Majel Barrett - Yes
Reba McEntire? maybe but with a lot of legally blonde's Elle Woods thrown into the mix