In Store For 2013-06-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

In Store For 2013-06-27

Post by MerchManDan »

Comparing Kath to Seven of Nine? There's an apples-and-oranges situation, if ever I've seen one.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
davids4250

Re: In Store For 2013-06-27

Post by davids4250 »

I'd pick Kath. Much more interesting.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Seven of Nine, one of six, six of one, half a dozen of the other ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Wait... so if that's the case then are we to believe that the babies all went to crystals and the MOMS got dumped into the wasteland? I mean three of each set went to their own crystal, the fourths from each set all went into one crystal, and the moms got dumped in the middle of nowhere? Vampires are created when you die lost and forgotten... right?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Sidhekin wrote:Seven of Nine, one of six, six of one, half a dozen of the other ...
...and a partridge in a pear tree....

Oh, and before I forget, the pun jar is in the corner. All major credit cards are accepted as well as Punpal and just about anything else of value... my last donation was demon baby Thup...

*Tosses a thupperware container with left overs from last night's thupper in the pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Is Atsali saying Lily is one of the six mothers who contributed a child to the being known as Kath? Is she getting that info from the computer? I thought there were only 5 dumped in the desert though. I guess the others died and stayed dead, or were killed later on at some point after becoming vampires since SDO said there were only 2 Anasazi left. Well, anyway, happy mother's day, Lily! Now hug, and no snacking.

If Kath adopts Atsali like we hope, this will make one heck of a family. Good luck sorting out that family tree in later generations.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Kath can assimilate me any day. ;)
KnightDelight wrote:If Kath adopts Atsali like we hope, this will make one heck of a family. Good luck sorting out that family tree in later generations.
I imagine it would look more like a mangrove swamp.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

KnightDelight wrote:Is Atsali saying Lily is one of the six mothers who contributed a child to the being known as Kath? Is she getting that info from the computer? I thought there were only 5 dumped in the desert though. I guess the others died and stayed dead, or were killed later on at some point after becoming vampires since SDO said there were only 2 Anasazi left. Well, anyway, happy mother's day, Lily! Now hug, and no snacking.

If Kath adopts Atsali like we hope, this will make one heck of a family. Good luck sorting out that family tree in later generations.
no, Lily said that her and five OTHERS were left in the sandstorm, for a total of 6 victims... whether or not they died naturally, or got turned, or were killed off by the machinations of SDO later, has yet to be revealed to us readers (if ever) SDO Definitely knew how they got there, Brandi almost assuredly does NOT know, Bud... Maybe, depending on what happened 1000 years later when she woke up again, and if whatever it was, happened before or after she did.

in the computer file that showed Brandi as she discovered the glitch, it said that the mom's themselves, and three of each mom's babies got sent properly to one crystal each (24 crystals so far), it was the Fourth baby from each mother that were all shunted into the very same crystal (total of 25 crystals now)...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:Comparing Kath to Seven of Nine? There's an apples-and-oranges situation, if ever I've seen one.
You mean Two of Thirty Six, don't you?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:Is Atsali saying Lily is one of the six mothers who contributed a child to the being known as Kath? Is she getting that info from the computer? I thought there were only 5 dumped in the desert though.
I think Lily said that it was she and five others, which would make the six.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

scantrontb wrote:in the computer file that showed Brandi as she discovered the glitch, it said that the mom's themselves, and three of each mom's babies got sent properly to one crystal each (24 crystals so far), it was the Fourth baby from each mother that were all shunted into the very same crystal (total of 25 crystals now)...
...and all six fourth-babies combined to make Kath. So we STILL don't know what the deal is with Pratt and the other 5 women in the desert, or the dolls that WhatsHisFace - EDIT!! Orson Miller - found.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Fairportfan wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:Comparing Kath to Seven of Nine? There's an apples-and-oranges situation, if ever I've seen one.
At LEAST a 36-C....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I've put up several cork boards with lots of colored pins, colored yarn, and colored post-it notes in the confusion corner. Whoever's relationship diagram is the most artistic will have it lacquered and framed to be presented to Paul as a thank you gift.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Timotheus wrote:I've put up several cork boards with lots of colored pins, colored yarn, and colored post-it notes in the confusion corner. Whoever's relationship diagram is the most artistic will have it lacquered and framed to be presented to Paul as a thank you gift.
No, no, no! The relationship diagram must fit on a single cork board! And why does this one orange string wrap around the table lamp twice as it jumps from board one to three?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Somewhere on the internet, in an extremely obscure place, we once posed the question, "Is Jeri Ryan pretty?"

The point at the time was to consider the differences between what was meant by 'pretty', 'sexy', and other terms for attractiveness, as well as directly ponder what the idea of Beauty really entails. Challenging what seems obvious to get a greater understanding.

And I can now add the ponderable, "Is 5' 7" or 8" really tall?"
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
At LEAST a 36-C....
Ummm, having Googled:

34D-24-35
=====================
=====================
mike weber
donoho

Post by donoho »

Yamara wrote:
Somewhere on the internet, in an extremely obscure place, we once posed the question, "Is Jeri Ryan pretty?"

The point at the time was to consider the differences between what was meant by 'pretty', 'sexy', and other terms for attractiveness, as well as directly ponder what the idea of Beauty really entails. Challenging what seems obvious to get a greater understanding.

And I can now add the ponderable, "Is 5' 7" or 8" really tall?"
My answer was yes. Still is.
Graymalkin

Post by Graymalkin »

Hey, now, Paul, no dissing Jeri Ryan. She's gorgeous and has become even more so in her 40s.

And she tweets a lot as @JeriLRyan, so you can go to Twitter and apologize to her personally. :P
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Graymalkin wrote:Hey, now, Paul, no dissing Jeri Ryan. She's gorgeous and has become even more so in her 40s.

And she tweets a lot as @JeriLRyan, so you can go to Twitter and apologize to her personally. :P
I don't think Paul (or Atsali) dissed Jeri. If anyone here did, it was my old thought experiment.

As matter of fact, I have long since learned that actions of hers led to opening up Obama's political career. So she can be as tough as Seven when she likes, and that's pretty admirable in itself.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
eee

Post by eee »

AmriloJim wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I've put up several cork boards with lots of colored pins, colored yarn, and colored post-it notes in the confusion corner. Whoever's relationship diagram is the most artistic will have it lacquered and framed to be presented to Paul as a thank you gift.
No, no, no! The relationship diagram must fit on a single cork board! And why does this one orange string wrap around the table lamp twice as it jumps from board one to three?
Can we use more than four dimensions? ;)