Time’s Up 2013-06-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Time’s Up 2013-06-21

Post by Dave »

Dragon Hostler wrote:Speculation; Once Nu Gui is firmly in the Spider Crystal, then what?

Employ the mind [with proper safeguards] as a new library assistant.
Specializing in ghostwritten biographies?
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

Dragon Hostler wrote:Speculation; Once Nu Gui is firmly in the Spider Crystal, then what?

Give it to Brandi to decide.
Paperweight on Katherine's office desk.
If it isn't already golem made and golem tough, plasma cook or compress it beyond the point of stargate interface at least.
Throw it into the sun.
Some souls are only safe when they have been destroyed. If it can't be destroyed, doom it to continuous Barny reruns in a loop. When it gets free, it will be too mad to be a major risk.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

...Wasn't that the problem they had with the Etehitians?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Euryale said that Brandi and Bud set up the MIB, but I don't remember Bud ever interfacing with the MIB in any way, until now, and this is just with Oduya. Is it possible that Euryale was mistaken and only Oduya started the MIB? That Bud has nothing to do with them? If she started them, wouldn't she be a Senior Director too?
Just thinquing, even though it often causes me problems.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:

HAH!! :mrgreen:
davids4250 wrote:Euryale said that Brandi and Bud set up the MIB, but I don't remember Bud ever interfacing with the MIB in any way, until now, and this is just with Oduya. Is it possible that Euryale was mistaken and only Oduya started the MIB? That Bud has nothing to do with them? If she started them, wouldn't she be a Senior Director too?
One would think that Bud would have as much pull as Brandi - unless she refused it. It's probable that once the MIB was up and running, she chose early retirement upon seeing how well Senior Director Oduya was handling things. Perhaps Bud was reluctant to start such an organization in the first place; as pointed out earlier, she's a "gentle young girl" who never wanted the obscene amounts of power forced upon her.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Remember - Woz wouldn't work at Apple while Jobs was running it...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I think Dan is right and this strip kinda makes the point:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/youbrat/

Bud doesn't want much in 'life'... just to be able to be herself and enjoy the simple pleasures in life, like... a lamp. ;)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm still inclined to believe that there are two functional Brandis out there somehow. One Brandi that once a separate Brandi personality had been reestablished could manifest itself at other locations to further it's own agenda (perhaps like a 3-D hologram or a ghost or demon manifestation) and another Brandi that stayed with Bud and took assignments under Tepoz's direction and was put into holding (long term guard jobs?) with Bud and Jin when Tepoz was placed on ice. (As this did not apparently stop Jin from being active in her clandestine activities I suppose that would apply to Brandy and Bud as well).

This ghostly or demonic Brandi could channel Brandi's real mind and status whenever it wanted to, and feed information to her when asked, but mostly acts on its own. The key point for me though is that it can appear at different locations from our golem Brandi like Monica or Jin's personal demons and give orders to the MIB or other agents.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:

Ghostwriter? Probably this guy:
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

DilyV wrote:I think Dan is right and this strip kinda makes the point:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/youbrat/

Bud doesn't want much in 'life'... just to be able to be herself and enjoy the simple pleasures in life, like... a lamp. ;)
Ah, but she does want someone special to be with, too. How to find that, when you're "a thing of immortal make, not human"?

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/did-she/

Oh, Bud has kept her pull in MIB. Too bad she went to all that trouble when it was just going to get back to Brandi and the Nu Gui anyway.

But I guess that jinni's out of the bottle.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:]Ghostwriter? Probably this guy:
(singing) Ghost Writers in the sky...
Julie

Post by Julie »

shadowinthelight wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:OK, now I am rally confused. Somehow Bud is now a master chessplayer instead of the "I <3 Lamp" girl we were led to believe.
Bud has never been portrayed as simple minded, just having simple desires. If she was real, I think me and Julie would be fighting over her.
:twisted: And I'd win. :P
MerchManDan wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Euryale said that Brandi and Bud set up the MIB, but I don't remember Bud ever interfacing with the MIB in any way, until now, and this is just with Oduya. Is it possible that Euryale was mistaken and only Oduya started the MIB? That Bud has nothing to do with them? If she started them, wouldn't she be a Senior Director too?
One would think that Bud would have as much pull as Brandi - unless she refused it. It's probable that once the MIB was up and running, she chose early retirement upon seeing how well Senior Director Oduya was handling things. Perhaps Bud was reluctant to start such an organization in the first place; as pointed out earlier, she's a "gentle young girl" who never wanted the obscene amounts of power forced upon her.
I'm with MMD on this one. Bud could have helped form the MiB and then simply stepped back from being involved because she either had no interest in the "power" of the lead positions or because she felt Brandi was better suited to running that particular show.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Brandi's the manager. Bud is the tactician. And muscle.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:OK, now I am rally confused. Somehow Bud is now a master chessplayer instead of the "I <3 Lamp" girl we were led to believe.
Bud has never been portrayed as simple minded, just having simple desires. If she was real, I think me and Julie would be fighting over her.
:twisted: And I'd win. :P
You think so, huh? Bring it on!
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Julie wrote: :twisted: And I'd win. :P
Guys, she can take any fan she wants, is that clear enough for you? ;)
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Sidhekin wrote:Brandi's the manager. Bud is the tactician. And muscle.
You forgot that Bud is also the wild card.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yamara wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
Julie wrote: :twisted: And I'd win. :P
Guys, she can take any fan she wants, is that clear enough for you? ;)
Oh we know. :) It's just that we'd be battling to ensure that she wanted us (or more accurately, that she would only want me). :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

I'd teach Acacia all forms of welding and metalwork. Stick, MiG & TiG with equipment, she could gas/plasma weld on her own with a little training. I'd start a hightech shop with her help, but she could play artist most of the time. The things I could do with custom diamond crucibles, drawing dies, and other tools boggles my mind.
I can handle ummm 'moderate' amounts of Mescal.
Also, my motorcycle adores her.
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Whether or not this works is currently debatable - and whether or not it took Brandi along with "sweet little succubus" is also questionable.
I think your analysis is correct... Bud basically baffled "Brandi" with bullshit, beautifully! If it does work, it'll mean that it took simultaneous cooperative action by the entire remaining population of Etheitians ("both" or "all seven" depending on your point of view) to capture the being whose plot destroyed all of the others... a pleasing symmetry.

My guess is that both personalities do end up in the data-buffer crystal, at least for a while. A lover of fine beverages would say that a crystal decanter is a fine place to store an excellent vintage of well-aged Brandi, and any chemistry lab worker will know that purifying a valuable liquid by separating it from a contaminant often involves distilling it in a glass container.

So, they'll do a store-and-separate on her, thus using some Bufferin' to get rid of that headache they've all been having.
Let's just hope, that while thus stored, Brandi doesn't get drunk.

Appeases the Pun Jar with a shot of Burbon (Street).