Your Capable Hands 2013-06-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
nerf-dweller

Your Capable Hands 2013-06-25

Post by nerf-dweller »

Bud wrote:... The four of you know just what to do.
Panic, Run away, and/or Faint.
Last edited by nerf-dweller on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Re: Your Capable Hands 2013-06-25

Post by Dave »

Well, I'm not quite sure what it is that they know just what to do, but I don't think I would want them doing it in my direction.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

When in Danger,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout,
Hoist a flag and fire a gun,
And hope the admiral says, "Well done!"

According to my friends who were in recon in Nam, this is the sort of situation where you call in an air strike. On top of yourself.
Last edited by Timotheus on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Danger, will Robinson.
DANGER, DANGER
Danger, Will Robinson

now only if prat hada robot to tell her.... that
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

That is one pissed-looking New Guy. It might be the first actually evil being we have seen in Wapsi except for the Lanthian priests.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Pratt and McBride are freaking out.

But what about Kathryn and Atsali?

Kathryn is nearly unflapable and seems to be capable of coming up with a way to deal with anything. And then there is Atsali has all the knowledge fo the Anasazi supercomputer imprinted on her. May they just need a couple extra, not necessarily warm, bodies to get the job done.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Is that a hole in the Nü Gui's chest?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Well. Um. Good to know that Bud has so much confidence in them? :| Going by the faces of Pratt & McBride, though, I have a hunch even THEY think that confidence might be somewhat misplaced.
nerf-dweller wrote:
... The four of you know just what to do.
Panic, Run away, and/or Faint.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Well!

I see what my coloring project is for tomorrow!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I don't know, two of the 4 pairs of capable hands seem to have no clue at the moment. One hopes the other two show up really, really soon. Lily has that "say what!?" look on her face in panel one. If that's a hole in the creature's chest, maybe that's where you plug in a heart. Or a spider crystal?

Ah well, if nothing else, this looks to be a nice bonding moment for the toothsome twosome.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

davids4250 wrote:That is one pissed-looking New Guy. It might be the first actually evil being we have seen in Wapsi except for the Lanthian priests.
Jin's Doubt.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"The four of you".

Has that registered with our vamps?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Well we now have proof that SDO was heartless.

Tosses a vintage 1978 copy of Heart's Dog & Butterfly into the pun vortex.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:Image
Are you implying this is their final fantasy? :lol:
Mark N wrote:Well we now have proof that SDO was heartless.

Tosses a vintage 1978 copy of Heart's Dog & Butterfly into the pun vortex.
Hole hearted?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

There is a big hole you can drive a truck through in this whole bit. In order for this scheme to work Bud had to know that the unused data buffer was stuffed into McBrides cleavage and there is not indication that she could have. Only with that knowledge would she have brought Kathy and Sali into the room behind so she could punch the crystal through so they could use it. She also had to know there was an open slot for it and exactly where the matching spot on each wall for where the hands would meet.
Sucking the Nu Gui into a crystal is a great way to deal with here but I really don't see how Bud and the others could have the information they needed to make it work so smoothly. So this looks like a hollywood ending where everything winds up in perfect harmony to do the bad guy in.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:There is a big hole you can drive a truck through in this whole bit. In order for this scheme to work Bud had to know that the unused data buffer was stuffed into McBrides cleavage and there is not indication that she could have. Only with that knowledge would she have brought Kathy and Sali into the room behind so she could punch the crystal through so they could use it. She also had to know there was an open slot for it and exactly where the matching spot on each wall for where the hands would meet.
True, there's no indication in the comic that Bud has this knowledge - but that's not proof that she doesn't have it. Remember, we-the-viewers only KNOW something happens when we SEE it happen; Paul, however, can make all sorts of things happen "off-screen." These invisible things can have as much effect on events as the visible things - I suspect this is what tends to frustrate some who want to "give a bit of feedback."

(I know it frustrates ME sometimes) ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

With two gates open, and possibly pulling Nugi apart, shutting them both down with her in mid transmission state should shunt her into the nearest data storage device, i.e. the spider crystal, as a safety. Don't look into the trap!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Aed wrote:Is that a hole in the Nü Gui's chest?
Yes, that is a hole where her heart would be, indicating her heart was ripped out. This also would apply to Zachariah and Mark M's comments.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

One piece of suspense: The processing of SDO-NG continues. Tomorrow could be a setback. Or it could be anticlimactic. Or a change of scene ...

One piece of logistics: Bud is addressing the four of them, so I would assume they are all at Mesa Verde.

So, there are two stargates, or at least two stargate control panels, at Mesa Verde; one operated by Kath, and one operated by Lily.

Were they always two of them there, or did Bud arrange for that somehow? (Still looking for those favours ...)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Ah, yes, those "favours" I am getting more & more curious as to what they were.

And, yes, how did Bud find out about the crystal in the cleavage? Is she able to sense it somehow? I mean, we are still not completely briefed over Golems. Superstrong & indestructible, yup, but what more magic lurks in those funky clay jars?

The crystal is súch a pivotal part of the solution Bud came up with, that I really doubt that Pablo would leave us with a MacGuffin. The "favours " are somehow part of it.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)