Time’s Up 2013-06-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
dex drako

Re: Time’s Up 2013-06-21

Post by dex drako »

meisdadoo wrote:and semi-immortals that are actually pre-lanthian. . .
post lanthian if you're talking about lily, she's from what was left of the lanthian's atfer GG stop throwing a fit.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sidhekin wrote:My guess is that they'll do a separation in transit: We have already established that the setup of stargates and the complex computer could separate mothers and unborn children.

And we now have the same setup in place: One stargate activated by Lily, one stargate activated by Kath, and one complex computer "operated" by Atsali.
And THAT'S how they'll do it!

The One buffer is for Brandi, the other is for "SDO Nu Gui" - the only thing is, there's just one data crystal...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:My guess is that they'll do a separation in transit: We have already established that the setup of stargates and the complex computer could separate mothers and unborn children.

And we now have the same setup in place: One stargate activated by Lily, one stargate activated by Kath, and one complex computer "operated" by Atsali.
And THAT'S how they'll do it!

The One buffer is for Brandi, the other is for "SDO Nu Gui" - the only thing is, there's just one data crystal...
and only one Ethetian soul caught in the portal... the Nu Gui. I still think Bud and Brandi are free and clear of being sucked into storage... Tepoz said he tried to give them back their personalities after they were separated from the Chimera... their souls, the part of them that would register them with the system, are long gone.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I see that the line calling Lilly dangerous and a real deal breaker and asking her if she has ever seen a being torn in half makes sense. She is both dangerous and a real deal breaker to the Nui Gui. By working the Stargate she helps remove the SucuBITCH from poor Brandi which is breaking the deal she made with Brandi by tearing a being in half. She was giving a clever good bye message to the evil spirit that tricked its way into not only Brandi, but Bud and Jin as well since they both have had nightmares about her.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

But is it in some way related to Bia?

Or at least a Titan connection?

We have yet to have been exposed to the reasons behind Bia's actions and her goals in manipulating Shelly's life the way she has.

We know Phix has been severely influenced, even perhaps to the point of being controlled by the Titans. Charon is acting as guardian/liege-man to Bia after that second shock wave (which might have been related to the Anasazi extinction, not the Lanthis Chimera. Note the comment about, "no souls to gather." That would be more applicable to the storage fiasco trapping them all.) And that would strongly link Tsillah to the Titans through her family connections and make her actions suspect.
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

shadowinthelight wrote: Bud has never been portrayed as simple minded, just having simple desires. If she was real, I think me and Julie would be fighting over her.
I think there would be several of us striving for Bud's attention.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

QxQ!
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Timotheus: one step at a time, my friend.

Wapsi Square is a little like eating an elephant.

You can only do it one bite at a time.
Last edited by jwhouk on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
as363

Post by as363 »

Totally confabulated - waiting for Monday's reveal to see if anything gets cleared up . (Like that's going to happen !)

To jwhouk - more like trying to eat a live Water Buffalo I'd Say...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

There's still one more shoe to drop: The favours Bud was going to call in.

I somehow doubt she was speaking of the butcher only, so there must be something else going on. Wildly: Perhaps something explaining how she knew about the spider crystal?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

shadowinthelight wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:OK, now I am rally confused. Somehow Bud is now a master chessplayer instead of the "I <3 Lamp" girl we were led to believe.
Bud has never been portrayed as simple minded, just having simple desires. If she was real, I think me and Julie would be fighting over her.
Brandi is a sweetie, too. It's too bad Wapsi Square provides so few dating opportunities for the modern golem.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
PartTimeRaccoon

Post by PartTimeRaccoon »

RunningBull wrote:
themadkansan wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:You know - yesterday's left hand/right hand "continuity error" is looking less like one today.

Bets on whose hand that is in Panel Three?"
Katherine's. Atsali says it in panel 2.
Yes, I believe that also. To me it looks like Brandi is standing inside one of the portals while Kath, and Lily activate the portal system to properly store Brandi and the evil spirit as two in the crystal. Atsali puts the crystal in place prior to that.
Today, Bud does another "continuity error". She uses her right hand to grab Lily's wrist in panel 4, and her left hand to plug it into the wall in panel 6. Maybe Bud never obeys the law of continuity. (Or maybe her right hand handed Lily's hand over to her left hand in panel 5.) I don't know. It's a mystery.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

PartTimeRaccoon wrote:Today, Bud does another "continuity error". She uses her right hand to grab Lily's wrist in panel 4, and her left hand to plug it into the wall in panel 6. Maybe Bud never obeys the law of continuity. (Or maybe her right hand handed Lily's hand over to her left hand in panel 5.) I don't know. It's a mystery.
Nah... no continuity error... she just grabbed with the right and transferred to the left to apply Lily's hand to the panel... easier to manage.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Wyvern wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:OK, now I am rally confused. Somehow Bud is now a master chessplayer instead of the "I <3 Lamp" girl we were led to believe.
Bud has never been portrayed as simple minded, just having simple desires. If she was real, I think me and Julie would be fighting over her.
Brandi is a sweetie, too. It's too bad Wapsi Square provides so few dating opportunities for the modern golem.
Assuming this op is the major fix for Brandi, it may be awhile before she knows what her real interests in relationships are. The succubus has been messing with her constantly for a few bak'tuns now, and she's really only been able to stay friends with indestructible people up until now.

Bud gets our sympathies more because she's been proactive in seeking affection, but has always been teased, confused and stymied by a certain SDO. While she'll be free of that interference going forward, Bud knows she's not an ordinary girl. She doesn't want to pursue anybody who can't keep up with her, and she may have to look far afield to find anyone close to Epimetheus's capacities.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

Bud is not a chess player, she is an actor. A mature Heavy Metal actor. The type that can barge in dripping with blood, ranting about killing, ripping beings in half, and punching through walls while never actually being out of control. The only thing missing is the black leather and metal spikes.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Panel One Bud is Creepy Scary
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

davids4250 wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote: Bud has never been portrayed as simple minded, just having simple desires. If she was real, I think me and Julie would be fighting over her.
I think there would be several of us striving for Bud's attention.
Neither Bud nor Brandi do it for me. My favorite for a long time was Jin. Now that she's no longer an all powerful golem, however, not so much. Still, she does have money and can poit ... But she's taken. Now, I think a fling with Phix would be nice. At least she can exercise self control. Well, with humans anyway. Tina's nice but too far out of the land of the living.

On another topic, Poor Lily, Yet again she was certain she was about to be torn to pieces. If she were alive, she would have succumbed to heart failure by now, between Phix and Bud. I wonder if vampires have better bladder control than humans?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Panel One Bud is Creepy Scary
I spy, I spy
as I wander by
a terrible gleam
in her glittering eye.
davids4250 wrote:I think there would be several of us striving for Bud's attention.
Bud's a sweetheart, and a wonderful study in contrasts... the combination of age-old sophistication and power on the one hand, and the wistful innocence of a gentle young girl who was never given the opportunity to grow up normally on the other.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Bud's a sweetheart, and a wonderful study in contrasts... the combination of age-old sophistication and power on the one hand, and the wistful innocence of a gentle young girl who was never given the opportunity to grow up normally on the other.
That, and alcohol brings out a very naughty side. :twisted:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

Speculation; Once Nu Gui is firmly in the Spider Crystal, then what?

Give it to Brandi to decide.
Paperweight on Katherine's office desk.
If it isn't already golem made and golem tough, plasma cook or compress it beyond the point of stargate interface at least.
Throw it into the sun.
Employ the mind [with proper safeguards] as a new library assistant.
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!