All Clear 2013-06-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

All Clear 2013-06-13

Post by Fairportfan »

She poited more than just the dress...

...and we were right...
Last edited by Fairportfan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Re: All Clear 2012-06-13

Post by Dave »

Phew. I feel much better. Two good people still alive, a world-smashing golem who seems to be over her mad for now, and another reason to happily chant "Belly belly belly belly" in celebration of Mayahuel's foresight in installing access panels.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Heh. Love the "Oh, heck..." moment in Panel Two as she glances down...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

At least we know the plasma jet does not involve the storage compartment. I do wonder why Bud bothered with the dress before letting them out?

Brandi killing them is only an assumption. Facts lean that way but it is not confirmed yet. There may be another reason for this.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Fairportfan wrote:Heh. Love the "Oh, heck..." moment in Panel Two as she glances down...
Also the bit in Panel Four where she holds her dress out, as if the hatch doesn't open perfectly well through clothes.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Looks like the primal scream therapy worked. :lol:
zachariah wrote:I do wonder why Bud bothered with the dress before letting them out?
To stretch out the dress to follow the Rule of Funny.
Last edited by shadowinthelight on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
illiad

Post by illiad »

Wyvern wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Heh. Love the "Oh, heck..." moment in Panel Two as she glances down...
Also the bit in Panel Four where she holds her dress out, as if the hatch doesn't open perfectly well through clothes.
hey, you have to keep your 'modesty' {flutters eyelashes} :) oh, and old habits die hard...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

illiad wrote:
Wyvern wrote: hey, you have to keep your 'modesty' {flutters eyelashes} :) oh, and old habits die hard...
Bud's old habits do not include body modesty to any large degree. She has used nudity on one occasion to distract reporters in Minneapolis and on Kevin. She wasn't even aware of her nudity until she did look down and then reacted as 'Darn I forgot the clothes again. In many tropical, or sub-tropical, cultures nudity is casual and not that important. So she has no old habits of wearing clothes all the time, or a strong sense of modesty.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
illiad

Post by illiad »

zachariah wrote:
Bud's old habits do not include body modesty to any large degree. She has used nudity on one occasion to distract reporters in Minneapolis and on Kevin. She wasn't even aware of her nudity until she did look down and then reacted as 'Darn I forgot the clothes again. In many tropical, or sub-tropical, cultures nudity is casual and not that important. So she has no old habits of wearing clothes all the time, or a strong sense of modesty.
well if that were true, the whole of the tropical areas would be full of totally nude women! not much, and I have been around those places, you might see a few on the beaches, but not in town, in front of minors, etc...
yuffiek

Post by yuffiek »

zachariah wrote: In many tropical, or sub-tropical, cultures nudity is casual and not that important. So she has no old habits of wearing clothes all the time, or a strong sense of modesty.
Tropical, sub-tropical... and let's not forget Early Holocene cultures.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

"I, need to, think clearly....about what fashion would be most appropriate for a post-nuke rescue reunion!"

Sundresses are always appropriate for mid-June in the southwest - especially if you're already SPF 25K.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
amishangel

Post by amishangel »

Not to be considered highjacking the subject....

At any given point I kinda figured out the general drift of storyline, but not always right. And then it dawned on me. The audience might have been aiding Pablo in what to next with story with the guesses. Well done!! :lol:
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

If recall correctly, Brandi did warn folks of just how dangerous she could be, if her mind was set on a course of action.

For Brandi to try an bump off Bud along with Katherine and Atsali takes some serious balls. This can't just be a power play for control of MIB. There are too many pieces on the board, not to mentions all those we can't see lurking in the shadows of the Library.

....and everyone was worried about Jin wigging out and nuking everything.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

illiad wrote:
zachariah wrote:
well if that were true, the whole of the tropical areas would be full of totally nude women! not much, and I have been around those places, you might see a few on the beaches, but not in town, in front of minors, etc...
Oh, but the tropics were full of nekkid women and girls...until our missionaries got involved.

OT, but funny non the less: In former Dutch East-India (Indonesia, nowadays) women, sometimes walked around bare-chested. Especially on Bali.(And in the lands of the mountain tribes, they still do.) The Church was, of course, not amused (at least not openly). A missionary was sent to Bali. Upon debarking, he immediately ran into a couple of young girls selling fruits and such by the harbour, and chastized them for sitting around with bare breasts.

Balinese (and Indonesian woman in general) wear a Sarong. A large swath of often beautifully batik-died and decorated fabric. In the days of old (upto about 1900) that was often all (!) they wore. Indonesians being an utterly polite people, the girls knew no better than to hoist-up the sarong to cover their breasts -that apparently só offended the priest- However, the sarongs théy wore were more like the ones we know from French Polynesia....... rather short...... And thusly the priest was " entertained" by a sight that was nót exactly what he had in mind when saying: "cover Your breasts" :lol: :lol:

(and one of those girls was my great, great, great grand mother... got her picture somewhere)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Phew! I bet neither Kath nor Atsali were counting on THAT sort of rescue. :mrgreen:

amishangel wrote:At any given point I kinda figured out the general drift of storyline, but not always right. And then it dawned on me. The audience might have been aiding Pablo in what to next with story with the guesses. Well done!! :lol:
Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. I personally think Paul had this planned out months ago, and was counting on us* to connect the dots as he drew them. After all, this is his story in his universe; he'd know it better than anybody.

*not necessarily ME included, I mean the forum in general
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I can practically guarantee that this is one story line that will continue to make no sense until we finally learn who's directing things and for what goal.

There's a number of individuals pulling strings both behind and in front of the screen, Brandi of course, but also the Library, Tsillah, and possibly Bia, Nudge, and the demons or whatever Brandi made her deal with. There's also long shots involving the surviving priests of Lanthos or the elder gods and Titans who may be sneaking in through a gap in the barrier caused by a missing vimana cell that May may have found. And just what they're all trying to accomplish and how these plans are interacting or fouling each up is yet to be seen.

So right now all I can say is it was Miss Budur in the crystal computer room with the plasma breath.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jay-Em wrote:(and one of those girls was my great, great, great grand mother... got her picture somewhere)
No doubt the priest thought she was great.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

So that's where they were hiding!
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Fatuncle

Post by Fatuncle »

The audience might have been aiding Pablo in what to next with story with the guesses. Well done!! :lol:
We ave often suspected that this was true.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

"Brandi was trying to kill us!"..."We know"

uh...what?

Soooooooo, Brandi's "oh-so-sweet" personality is the evil one, trying to purge Kath and Atsali and...Bud?? As well??!???

I just hope that whatever is wrong with her gets fixed in a way that does not affect her super-smarts.

But first Jin, now Brandi showing signs of insanity? Is Bud next?? I hope not.