Stay Calm 2013-06-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
nerf-dweller

Stay Calm 2013-06-12

Post by nerf-dweller »

"That's right. Stay calm. Right. How about some landscaping? That's the ticket. Nice and relaxing."
*cracks knuckles*
"Let's see...lets start with that mountain over there..."

Is it just me or does it seem like Bud is trying to flying backwards?
Fairportfan

Re: Stay Calm 2013-06-12

Post by Fairportfan »

I am calm. You oughta see me when i get upset.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Pull up the chairs and get ring side seats. Make sure your beer mugs are full.

Before it's over Brandi is gonna be sadder Bud Wiser!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
yuffiek

Post by yuffiek »

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Screaming out a plasma blast that would make Strohl Munitions gunsmiths green with envy is bound to have some recoil.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

yuffiek wrote:For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Screaming out a plasma blast that would make Strohl Munitions gunsmiths green with envy is bound to have some recoil.
There is. Look at here feet digging up furrows and she braces against the thrust. I wonder if NASA could hire her to boost cargo into space? She appears to have an excellent mass to energy ratio.

Either that or her last Taco had extra hot sauce on it!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

If Brandi did not know Bud was there, she does now!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

zachariah wrote:
yuffiek wrote:For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Screaming out a plasma blast that would make Strohl Munitions gunsmiths green with envy is bound to have some recoil.
There is. Look at here feet digging up furrows and she braces against the thrust. I wonder if NASA could hire her to boost cargo into space? She appears to have an excellent mass to energy ratio.

Either that or her last Taco had extra hot sauce on it!
Wrong direction.

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

nerf-dweller wrote:"That's right. Stay calm. "Let's see...lets start with that mountain over there..."
Calmness is relative. It's only a mountain or two, not a whole continent!
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Acacia. is. Definetly. NOT. Happy.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

I don't know how far the MIB's control reaches (probably a good long ways).
But I'm pretty sure that the people who monitor the vast array of satellites orbiting the earth, are freaking out over the massive heat blooms that have appeared suddenly.

What worries me is that Brandi/CDO may have fore seen this and prepared accordingly. Also I'm curious as to the fate of Lilly and Suzi who were in transit as well as Katherine and Atsali. I hope they got into Bud's belly in time.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

One of two things. Either this is an understandable reaction to having been blown up, or...

Bud is reacting to the senseless deaths of two innocent people, one of who was a friend.

I really hope it's the first one.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Hey, Bud may have known Atsali, too.

And that is definitely an unhappy super-powered Golem Girl.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm somehow reminded of the Godzilla song. I do hope this is not Buds version of grieving.

Once again, I'll remind everyone we're all set up in the confusion corner for the lecture series for when Paul decides to explain to us just what in blue blazes is going here. (If given enough advance warning I'll make sure his favorite throat appeaser is on hand.)
Last edited by Timotheus on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Boxilar wrote:One of two things. Either this is an understandable reaction to having been blown up, or...

Bud is reacting to the senseless deaths of two innocent people, one of who was a friend.

I really hope it's the first one.
Me too.

And, I suspect that "the first one" is more than you suggest here.

Bud had been in that facility before (in her not-yet-fully-free "Acacia" state), knew what it was about, and Oduya had put her into some form of suspension without as much as a by-your-leave. I have a strong feeling that when Oduya revived Acacia a thousand years or so down the road, she lied about the state of the suspended Etheitians, or possibly even did something to suppress Acacia's memory of the incident.

... and now, Bud is awake, aware, and knows that "Brandi" has been lying to her about something very important, for a very long time.

It's not just the "being blown up", since that won't have hurt Bud even slightly. It's the realization that she's been manipulated, used, and betrayed by her long-term companion and friend.

This is going to be bad.

If a couple of innocent humans (well, one human and a Siren) were killed as well (especially when just a word or two from Brandi could have prevented it), it's going to be even worse.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Looking at the pictures again, I do believe that's Bud's version of a deep, calming breath.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I hope Bud's Barbie Doll Anatomy can be explained away by speccing she is just so angry the plasma is too bright and blinding out the details. It makes me sad to think she is anatomically incorrect. :(
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I hope the plasma blast originated from a part of her anatomy other than the Belly Safe.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

shadowinthelight wrote:I hope Bud's Barbie Doll Anatomy can be explained away by speccing she is just so angry the plasma is too bright and blinding out the details. It makes me sad to think she is anatomically incorrect. :(

Could be, or it might just be artistic licence. Happens all the time in anime and magna.

(I'd post a link to TV Tropes, anime anatomy, but I'm on my not-so-smart phone.)

Edit; you already did, and they changed the trope. Been awhile since I lost several hours in there.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

shadowinthelight wrote:I hope Bud's Barbie Doll Anatomy can be explained away by speccing she is just so angry the plasma is too bright and blinding out the details. It makes me sad to think she is anatomically incorrect. :(

We've got good evidence that the golems are anatomically correct and recreationally functional. Alan's repeated and athletic evenings with Jin demonstrate that. 8-)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Boxilar wrote:

Could be, or it might just be artistic licence. Happens all the time in anime and magna.

(I'd post a link to TV Tropes, anime anatomy, but I'm on my not-so-smart phone.)

Edit; you already did, and they changed the trope. Been awhile since I lost several hours in there.
yup. there is "anatomically correct" and "comic code" correct.... :( :( :( dont want paul to lose his licence..... :)