Wrath 2013-06-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Wrath 2013-06-11

Post by NOTDilbert »

Acacia has the frowny face.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Songbird

Re: Wrath 2013-06-11

Post by Songbird »

This could go poorly for Oduya... Bud is NOT pleased.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yup, somebody is a little bit miffed.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

We need to find out if she has a couple of muffins in the oven using her as an escape pod. Or refrigerator, depending on which movie franchise.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Very Iron Man-esque entrance.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Bud definitely is not a happy camper in that last panel. The THUD in the other panel is way to loud. Bud does not weigh that much, even if she has the other two inside her pouch. She came down at terminal velocity and even though she would not splat I doubt she would have the kinetic energy to land as she did. Even super man didn't land that hard without a lot of extra help. lol.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

That is one unhappy (naked) golem.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

But the monoboob appears to be over.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

TlalocW wrote:Very Iron Man-esque entrance.
Yes. It also reminded me of a Terminator arrival, but Iron Man actually does the falling-from-above bit. I liked it; Paul doesn't get to do action scenes too often.

Poor Bud's having a bad day.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Here comes the boom.

http://i.imgur.com/kp8te.gif
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Bud definitely is not a happy camper in that last panel. The THUD in the other panel is way to loud. Bud does not weigh that much, even if she has the other two inside her pouch. She came down at terminal velocity and even though she would not splat I doubt she would have the kinetic energy to land as she did. Even super man didn't land that hard without a lot of extra help. lol.
I think you're mistaken here. Even without a couple of passengers inside, if her average density is roughly that of a human, she'd weigh as much as a couple of large cannonballs; she's at least as unyielding as one, and she came down with a relatively small contact/strike surface area (feet, hands, one knee).

If she was moving anywhere near terminal velocity (about 120 miles per hour) she'd have made a hell of a dent in the ground, hitting like that... quite unyielding. The soil in some desert areas is rather crusty (think "dried mud and natural cement") and would tend to shatter just as it's shown here.

(EDIT: a quick calculation for a weight of 100 pounds and a velocity of 100 miles/hour - probably conservative - works out to around 43 kilojoules of energy. That's the equivalent of around 10 grams of TNT, or a third of an ounce. Not a huge amount, but enough to make holes in things!)

Yeah, she's definitely unhappy... I don't think we've ever seen Bud look as mad as this, or in this way. I wonder if she was as attached to her tube-top, as Monica was to her expensive bra?

Somebody is definitely in for a really severe talking-to! As Faith said to Conner, "Break me off a switch, son... cause there's gonna be a whuppin'!"
Last edited by Dave on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Been out of the loop for several days. Caught up to current events. I'm glad you guys remembered Bud's storage space, because until I read the posts here, I was fairly convinced we'd lost Katherine.

And yeah, Ms Acacia is about to have words with Senior Director Odoya.
yuffiek

Post by yuffiek »

Remember that Bud's faceplant smashed out a pothole from just a fall down a flight of stairs, so the EPIC THUD is not too out of place.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

KnightDelight wrote:Now SDO will tell them to disregard the naked woman with cinder ash residue all over her, who is appearing in the distance walking towards them.
I'd say you nailed that one!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Was trying to work up a new icon, but nothing i have will let me reduce it that far and still get anything resembling good results.

Here it is at working resolution:
cranky.png
cranky.png (152.56 KiB) Viewed 11110 times
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Here's hoping that Bud's inner storage compartment has a inertia dampening field effect to it... Without it, the effect would be like dropping from the 104th floor to the lobby in free-fall with a sudden stop at the bottom. Here's hoping that Bud had time to get Kath and Atsali in said compartment... because if she didn't, it would explain the look of utter rage on her face at losing them to SDO's thoughtless actions.

Either way, I'd say that we're about to witness an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object (Acacia's fist and SDO's face). Suffice it to say Bud isn't happy and is looking for blood. She hasn't been this angry in a very long time.

My question is, how much radioactivity was released in this 'meltdown' and could Kath and Atsali have survived it inside of Bud's compartment?
Last edited by DilyV on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Here it is a bit smaller, actually:

=====================
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I give her 9.5 for sticking the landing with great style. She lost a half point for not having her arms stretched out to her sides. But then she probably hasn't had all that much practice at this.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

KnightDelight wrote:She lost a half point for not having her arms stretched out to her sides.
Blame the censors for that. :roll:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:Image
Suggested caption: "....ooooOOODUUUUUYAAAAAAA!!!!" :evil:

Regarding payback: The way the Senior Director seems to swagger with supreme confidence, regardless of circumstances...even accounting for the Rage Of Acacia, I'm pretty sure Ms. Oduya is fully capable of countering whatever Bud throws at her. :?
TlalocW wrote:Very Iron Man-esque entrance.
"You don't need to always do that." ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)