Athena Missile Test 2013-06-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
donoho

Re: Athena Missile Test 2013-06-06

Post by donoho »

Did not see that coming...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Ya know, i've heard of monobrows.

But since when does Bud have a monoboob?
That's not a monoboob. This is a monoboob.
I'm so glad you found that.

PS - With Kat's origin being six distinct embryos, she is very much a genetic Chimera!
Last edited by Atomic on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
as363

Post by as363 »

And this is only Thursday ???

I think I want to hunker in a bunker come Friday .

It does explain why Kath had such an attraction to the image of the spider and the 6 dolls . Or not..

Betting is now open on Fridays reveal . I might be inclined to take anything offered at 6 to 1 !
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

Very nice to have a big reveal on a Thursday! So now katherine is 6 in 1, what does that mean exactly? Does she heal 6 times faster, or is she 6 times smarter? If the MIB was aware of her all this time, then what the heck was with the Dead Sea dig? Assuming they get out, she is going to have a lot of questions for Brandi.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

jwhouk wrote:Six in one. Hm...

You know, not all Spiders have eight legs.
Or there may be 2 more players in all this yet to be revealed.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Julie

Post by Julie »

Atomic wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:

That's not a monoboob. This is a monoboob.
I'm so glad you found that.

PS - With Kat's origin being six distinct embryos, she is very much a genetic Chimera!
I, OTOH, am not glad. I'd blissfully forgotten that movie, but now remember it again. :P
illiad wrote:

ROFL ROFL well I have seen it in RL... usually when the top is a bit TOO tight, and then only for the super-fit and firm..... :o PLEASE, girls, get the right size and support!! :E :E
Firstly, I think it's the lack of cleavage line that made FPF say that, and poorly fitted bras usually make "MEGA CLEAVAGE!". :P Secondly, sports bras (unless they are super fancy and expensive like a couple of mine and M's spider-bra) usually create the uni-boob of doom...whether or not they fit correctly. :)

And now for today's comic...Cheers to the folks who figured that Kat was the result of the quadruplet-overload problem! Also, it's rather interesting how Atsali is incorporating the computerized data/minds-of-many-long-gone-crazy-people into herself. So far it's not seeming to be too problematic, though I have to wonder if she'll end up slipping into "processing" mode and blurt out any relevant data anytime someone around her asks a question...that would kind of suck.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm ordering more Loungers for the confusion corner and I've got a lead on a used pizza oven.
Also a new mop and bucket to clean up after all the spit-takes on Friday.

Do we have any bonded engineers around to do a structural survey for tornado safety?

What I was trying to say before is that there are different power centers in the Wapsieverse and they have been manipulating events against each other for their own purposes. So we can't totally trust what we're shown or told. Golems can be compromised, reality altered, facts represented in different ways.

We should not discount the possibility of a Titan faction (Bria), a Lanthian faction (the immortal politicians), and a Demonic faction (now much curtailed) that has been manipulating things in the back ground and are now jockeying for position in the new world after the calendar machine and end of the free range demons. Nudge and Tsillah may also have played a much larger part in events than we've been led to believe. Their father Charon is a close associate of Bria's (possibly related). Nudge is a master manipulator of people and events, but the shadow mistress can appear as whoever and whatever she wants and make it look like it's wherever she wishes, and is not afraid to do it. And she's not nearly as adorable as she tries to appear. Remember what we see is just HER shadow, Tsillah's the darkness surrounding you.
Last edited by Timotheus on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

It's probably just a lifetime of conditioning, but I don't find uni-boob woman's uni-boob the least bit attractive or sexy. Of course, it can always be worse:
(Warning, gratuitous display of fake utters).
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

For the moment, Kat is revealed to be G1 Devastator, Atsali has an Intersect in her head, and it's Bud to the rescue! How close will the escape be cut? Tune in tomorrow, same Wapsi-Time, Same Wapsi-Channel!
Dave

Post by Dave »

nerf-dweller wrote:I think I may have to sue for whiplash. This plot is throwing my train of thought 180 degrees from where I thought it was going.
Your suit would be thrown out of court. Read the "hold harmless for bootlegger plot turns" section of the "Terms of Use" agreement you accepted when you joined the forum. It's right after the sanity clause.

Hey, Paul was generous enough to have the forum system offer free vaccination against Mindboggle Syndrome, and the side effects are quite manageable... an occasional tendency to pun is the commonest, and trust me, it ain't so bad. If you chose not to get the shot... well, that's your privilege, but then you do have to accept the occasional pain from bulging-out eyes and rapid shaking of head when Paul pulls off a good surprise.

You can't say you weren't warned, my friend!
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Timotheus wrote:Nudge and Tsillah may also have played a much larger part in events than we've been led to believe. Their father Charon is a close associate of Bria's (possibly related).
Close? Bia is close with the Olympians and Charon is close with the Chthonians. While some of the Greek gods are associated with both groups (Hermes, Hades, Persephone, Hekate), they are rather disassociated, generally.

Still, Bia is the daughter of Styx (the Titan, not the river), and Styx is in some myths a sister of Charon. And even if he's not her uncle, they're all but a few generations from Chaos anyway ...

(I rather wonder if the brothers Charon and Thanatos have been reduced to a single character here, since Tsillah introduced herself: "I'm Death's daughter. My daddy is Charon.")
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Sidhekin wrote:(I rather wonder if the brothers Charon and Thanatos have been reduced to a single character here, since Tsillah introduced herself: "I'm Death's daughter. My daddy is Charon.")
Syncretism is hard enough for monotheists; with polytheists, over the centuries, it just gets downright crazy.

Paul is choosing what works for his story, and to his credit he happily throws in some divine gender swaps. So for all we know, Wapsi Thanatos is Tsillah's mom.

A male deity figure disguising a secretly powerful woman, isn't that RIGHT, MONICA?
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

MerchManDan wrote:Ah-HAH!!! Kath IS the six babies!! And I still don't know how else she fits into all this...!! :|

Meanwhile, meltdown is still imminent. Evacuation is recommended.
Well, the Athena test missile was carrying cobalt 57, so I imagine Kath 57 can handle radiation better than Shelly 1.

Heh heh.

So! Be the adventure, Katherine. Mapimí baby is YOU.

Observations...

Sidhekin wrote:Oh, and the conversation between Brandi and Bud took place in this complex, right? Atsali is now a retroactive eyewitness to that conversation.

Mention of Bia was topside, though, so may still be hidden from all but SDO. Unless there were sensors topside ...
Cuneiform's evolution postdates 4354 BC, and derives from the other side of the world, and yet it was part of its "Rosetta Stone". The Mapimí computer has been getting some pretty detailed data from somewhere. Also:
Timotheus wrote:And, um, how does a sealed computer system now inside Atsali know about what happened in 1970 on the surface and even more so what the subsequent results were unless someone entered them recently?
So, yeah. It's been updating.

But more importantly:
zachariah wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Does this mean SDO was misspoken when she told Lilly she was "one of the last TWO living Anasazi" and should have said "one of the last SEVEN living Anasazi"?

The Magnificent Six, Plus One...
Her word usage was correct. Kathy is the combination of the 6 babies as a single person, nor 6 different persons. Being preborn at storage time there was no personality yet, so combining them was easy. The question is does Lilly count as living to be one of the two? I mean if undead doesn't count then there is another somewhere.
Ah, but we must not forget. In Wapsi, souls have doorways out.

It is therefore very likely that they also have doorways in.

Acacia, at least, seemed very concerned.

I wonder what her reaction will be now.

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Ahh Atsali... the Siren with absolutely no 'inner dialog'. Because it's all outer!!! If it breezes through that bird brain, it comes right out of her mouth! That's probably not the time nor place to have said that, what, with the pending meltdown progressing as they ponder the un-ponderable. Bud. Take charge and poit them out of there and find a safe place to sit and ponder what they've learned! Quick!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Timotheus wrote:The six babies were fused together. At that stage they didn't exist as six individuals, just six clumps of cells identifiable by separate DNA. Once they've grown together they become one individual with cells having an interesting DNA distribution. Katherine is just Katherine.
As strange as it may seem, this actually happens - in real life - in humans - and much more frequently than was thought. Maybe just not six at once. [google human chimera and/or see Wikipedia Chimera (genetics)] It happens when two blastocysts merge. Needless to say, it can (has) cause(d) a bit of consternation in paternity suits.
Last edited by TheSkulker on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

as363 wrote:And this is only Thursday ???

I think I want to hunker in a bunker come Friday .
...and have a drink out of the chalice from the palace?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Ahh Atsali... the Siren with absolutely no 'inner dialog'. Because it's all outer!!! If it breezes through that bird brain, it comes right out of her mouth!!
Seems to me that Atsali and Brandi might get along just fine. Brandi seems to have been reliably diagnosed as having at least a mild case of something like Asperger syndrome, and like Atsali she's somewhat prone to blurt things out without much sense whether they're appropriate.

Bia also seems to ramble without thinking. That's almost enough to form a club... although I'm not sure it'd be entirely safe to throw the three of them together for any length of time.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:Ahh Atsali... the Siren with absolutely no 'inner dialog'. Because it's all outer!!! If it breezes through that bird brain, it comes right out of her mouth!!
Seems to me that Atsali and Brandi might get along just fine. Brandi seems to have been reliably diagnosed as having at least a mild case of something like Asperger syndrome, and like Atsali she's somewhat prone to blurt things out without much sense whether they're appropriate.

Bia also seems to ramble without thinking. That's almost enough to form a club... although I'm not sure it'd be entirely safe to throw the three of them together for any length of time.
You meant Bud there, I think.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:
Dave wrote:

Nope... Brandi and Bia.

Brandi was the one who came out with the (rather impolite) "Officer Friendly" remark. There was some discussion in the Comments section at the time, in which someone cited some earlier examples of Brandi speaking out her "inner dialog" and not being sensitive to the reactions of people hearing her, and suggested that she showed the signs of Asperger syndrome, and Paul popped in and awarded a cookie in response.

Bia also seems to fall into this sort of "heedless of other peoples' reactions" behavior. The whole way she "spilled the beans" to Shelly about her heritage was amazingly insensitive, she acknowledged that people consider her "dysfunctional", and Nudge remarked that most people "write [Bia] off as a thoughtless, emotionless bitch." She seems to have all the sensitivity of a metal shredder. Perhaps, as the personification of Force, she's constitutionally unable to appreciate the feelings of those who are being forced by her actions?

I don't see Bud as being in the same "ramble thoughtlessly" class at all. My impression, from what we know of her back-story, is that she was a quiet and shy young girl back in Lanthis (and like many shy people, perhaps too sensitive to what other people were or might be thinking), and retains much of that shyness in her golem form. If she had anything akin to Asperger syndrome I don't think she could possibly have been anywhere near as effective at "teasing" Officer Justin via her "UFO nut galoot" masquerade, or as embarrassed when the truth came out.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

jwhouk wrote:
Dave wrote:

Bud can be impetuous, but I don't think she usually "rambles" vocally, without thinking. In fact, her doofus persona she tried on Justin is a studied parody of that: Acacia likes things to make sense.

We've only seen Bia speak twice. (She's even silent in Aeschylus.) The first time she's reasonably upset, and disdaining a prophet who speaks in riddles. The second time she was shown to be intervening at an important moment, spewing mistaken certainties and outdated lies. Don't think we've seen anything like Atsali/Brandi-level rambling out of Bia yet.

Though with that Looney Tunes sense of physics she has? Well... Road Runner was without dialogue....