Athena Missile Test 2013-06-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Athena Missile Test 2013-06-06

Post by MerchManDan »

Ah-HAH!!! Kath IS the six babies!! And I still don't know how else she fits into all this...!! :|

Meanwhile, meltdown is still imminent. Evacuation is recommended.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Re: Athena Missile Test 2013-06-06

Post by Fairportfan »

So ... it looks, maybe, as if the hit on the Dead Sea dig was supposed to get Katharine...

For some reason, yet to be explained.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Ya know, i've heard of monobrows.

But since when does Bud have a monoboob?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

I think I may have to sue for whiplash. This plot is throwing my train of thought 180 degrees from where I thought it was going.

So Bud is their get out of apocalypse card. But it begs the question of what diverted Bud's pointing from Mesa Verde to Mapimi? The Library?

And ZOIKS! Brandy is Katherine's mother in a sense. Brandy planned for the missile to get diverted to get Katherine found by the MIB which she founded which... :shock: Brandy is very scary smart.
Last edited by nerf-dweller on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:So ... it looks, maybe, as if the hit on the Dead Sea dig was supposed to get Katharine...

It could have been a test of survival. Maybe the MIB needed to make sure Kath could take what was about to be thrown at her, so they threw something at her. Killing over a dozen others in the process.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:So ... it looks, maybe, as if the hit on the Dead Sea dig was supposed to get Katharine...

Someone wanted to exercise his shiny new six-shooter? :twisted:

So, a lot of peoples' speculations were correct... if I had some "You called it!" cigars to hand out, I'd need a whole bunch. Kath is a freeze-dried sextuploid Anasazi. Funny, she doesn't look sextuploid. It will be interesting to learn just how the fusion affected the person she turned out to be... whether she's somehow the average of the six donors, or the sum of them (tripledouble dose of eye pigment?), or both, or neither, or unique in some way that only a teleporter/Ashkashic fusion can be.
MerchManDan wrote:Evacuation is recommended.
Under the circumstances, I would certainly want to evacuate. I'm not at all sure I could avoid it.

But, yeah, I agree, getting the hell out of Dodge makes very good sense right now.

EDIT: I'm reminded of an old SF story I hazily remember, in which an Earth human is spirited away by an advanced civilization, to help them with a project amid the ruins of an even more-advanced civilization. The Ancient Ones had left behind a huge and incredibly sophisticated computer called Solver on their homeworld; the people who had found it were trying to salvage it before the Ancient Ones' sun went nova and destroyed everything. They had repeatedly asked Solver if it could be moved; the answer was "Yes", but when they asked how, the explanations always involved physics and mechanics that was far beyond their means. They eventually concluded that their approach was too subtle and indirect, and wanted a "primitive" (Earthman) to try to help them find a more direct solution.

Eventually, as the star was going nova and everybody was about to die, the Earthman asked desperately "Solver, can you get us out of here?"

YES, replied Solver, and the whole huge facility took off at hyper-light speeds and jumped out of the system to safety.

So... inter-orphan sympathetic discussions later. Poiting to safety now. Please.
Last edited by Dave on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I thought Katherine was getting Babelicious times-6 now i know why. ;) So does this mean that when our two Vamps get get here with their "Booby Prize" and activate it, It could seperate the Six Babes and Katherine could....DIE!? :shock: ["Oh Noooooooo!!!!!"/size] :o
Wait, Maybe One would still be Katherine-PRIME and the other five her 'Sisters'. never mind ,Bud POIT 'em outta there!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Fairportfan wrote:Ya know, i've heard of monobrows.

Hollywood makeup dept got carried away.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Does this mean SDO was misspoken when she told Lilly she was "one of the last TWO living Anasazi" and should have said "one of the last SEVEN living Anasazi"?

The Magnificent Six, Plus One...
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

NOTDilbert wrote:Does this mean SDO was misspoken when she told Lilly she was "one of the last TWO living Anasazi" and should have said "one of the last SEVEN living Anasazi"?

The Magnificent Six, Plus One...
Her word usage was correct. Kathy is the combination of the 6 babies as a single person, nor 6 different persons. Being preborn at storage time there was no personality yet, so combining them was easy. The question is does Lilly count as living to be one of the two? I mean if undead doesn't count then there is another somewhere.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Atsali already covered that angle. (Just saying.) But SDO was quite clear in identifying Lily as "one of the last two living Anasazi".
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Lily... is Katherine's MOM?

(Or sister?)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

The six babies were fused together. At that stage they didn't exist as six individuals, just six clumps of cells identifiable by separate DNA. Once they've grown together they become one individual with cells having an interesting DNA distribution. Katherine is just Katherine.

There are three power groups I've identified in the Wapsie world that may be fighting for control and may be responsible for this mess, Brandi's split personality, the conflicting stories, the power politics, etc. Mayahuel and the time politicians, Bria and the old guard deities, and the hold over demons. The old priestly order probably fits in there too. These groups are all trying to gain or maintain control of things, and are constantly making deals and concocting schemes with and against each other for this purpose. Between these groups, no one's story is to be completely believed or motives completely trusted. And they're all equally threatened by the upcoming class of youngsters who really don't care about any of their causes.

And, um, how does a sealed computer system now inside Atsali know about what happened in 1970 on the surface and even more so what the subsequent results were unless someone entered them recently?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

That's not a monoboob. This is a monoboob.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:So, a lot of peoples' speculations were correct... if I had some "You called it!" cigars to hand out, I'd need a whole bunch. Kath is a freeze-dried sextuploid Anasazi. Funny, she doesn't look sextuploid. It will be interesting to learn just how the fusion affected the person she turned out to be... whether she's somehow the average of the six donors, or the sum of them (tripledouble dose of eye pigment?), or both, or neither, or unique in some way that only a teleporter/Ashkashic fusion can be.
Hold off on the cigars, this plot has got more twists than a logging road in the mountains. No telling where it will end up next.

Based on Kathryn’s demonstrated expertise capabilites she might be the product of those donors. Be interesting to check her genetics, see if she is a hexaploid or dodecaploid. Might explain some of her problems with people if the instinctive responses are misprogramed or confused as a result.

As for Kathryn being an orphan, depending on how she grew up she might not even know she was -- i.e. adopted. Think about it, after they popped the cork on her stasis chamber they wouldn’t just toss an unknown into an orphanage. Odds are she was raised by one or more of the team members. Which might also explain some of her talents if her parents and various ‘uncles’ and ‘aunts’ were the equivalent of special ops who taught her things they though she need to know someday.

Might also explain the hit on the dig. Someone who knew about the MIB and Kathryn’s association to one or more of its members, figured the dig was cover to find something for the MIB, and thought they could kill them and grab it first.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Timotheus wrote:And, um, how does a sealed computer system now inside Atsali know about what happened in 1970 on the surface and even more so what the subsequent results were unless someone entered them recently?
The system may have received surface input but still be isolated as far as output is concerned.

However, the complex was breached in 1970. The system may well have all its information from the test missile and MiB military operation. Oh, and since Katherine was capable of accessing the computer, she was already pegged as an Anasazi. Might even have compared the DNA profiles of the baby removed from stasis in 1970 and the sudden operator; we know their technology was powered by their genes.

Oh, and the conversation between Brandi and Bud took place in this complex, right? Atsali is now a retroactive eyewitness to that conversation.

Mention of Bia was topside, though, so may still be hidden from all but SDO. Unless there were sensors topside ...

If Atsali gets a chance to process all that data, she may well end up a major player ...

ETA: So, the MiB picked up Kath in 1970. They probably kept tabs on her. They should. I don't think the MiB were informed of Monica's role in things; I suspect only Jin and the immortal politicians were. So, the MiB probably did not set her up at Monica's work place: That was just something that "happened". Trouble magnetism? Of course, Jin could have her own plans for Kath, and could have set that up. But either way, when the MiB learned of Monica, they must have noticed that she was working at the same place as Kath. The least they could have done then, would be to notify the MiB senior directors and associates of Monica of the nature of this other associate of hers.

Ergo: Bud may well have been aware of Kath's origin.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Ok. Big reveal. So, does any of this make Kath Spider Woman? Assuming there IS a Spider Woman in the first place. Regardless, there still has to be some relation to a spider or why the big spider carving? Could be it's just symbology for a protector of some sort and not literal. Ve shall zee vhat ve shall zee.

At any rate, apparently Brandi had removed the merged baby crystal off to a separate room of it's own. One wonders why there had to be such an elaborate means such as an off-course rocket for it to be "discovered." Brandi knew where it was. Maybe the rocket thing really was an accident and Brandi could not hide it any longer. Time to hatch the baby, even if prematurely.

All this also means the MIB have the technology to extract people from the crystals. Or, since Atsali simply said the baby was in stasis, it might be it had already been removed from the crystal, then placed in some sort of stasis pod which could simply be opened to extract the infant. Magic-8 ball says "Reply Hazy Try Again."
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
illiad

Post by illiad »

ROFL ROFL well I have seen it in RL... usually when the top is a bit TOO tight, and then only for the super-fit and firm..... :o PLEASE, girls, get the right size and support!! :E :E

thinkin about 'art'.... A girl I know, who barely has A cups, had a friend do a bit of 'shading' in the right place, and LOVED the envious looks, from those who thought she was 'showing too much cleavage' !!!! :D :D
eee

Post by eee »

Bud... Atsali... talk less, get out of the self destructing, irradiating complex more. And right NOW. :shock:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Six in one. Hm...

You know, not all Spiders have eight legs.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin