Escaped Through Me 2013-05-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: Escaped Through Me 2013-05-30

Post by Julie »

davids4250 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I'll set up the podium and power point projector here in the confusion corner and Paul can hold a lecture series to explain just what the heck has happened in this chapter when he's ready to clear the air. I'll make sure there's soda, beer, and coffee and I'm sure we can arrange a potluck. He can even use my neon green pointer and my white board.
I'm a Pepsuholic and I've got a great recipe for Candied Bacon!
I'll make the brownies!! (and no they aren't that kind of brownies...I just love me some fudgy brownies :P)
Boxilar wrote:I still have my suspicions that this was intentional, that SDO planned this to eliminate the possibility of another Chimera, or something even worse.

She got the world grid up and running to eliminate outside influences.

She "boxed" the entire Anansi civilization to eliminate any knowledge they held, then effectively eliminated/ made sure there was no record of them in the Bibliothiki.

Finally, she eliminated the last well of knowledge on Golem and Chimera creation by banishing Mayhuel to the demon world. The Calender Machine loops may or may not have been intentional.

SDO also seems to be working at cross purposes or at least in parallel, with Bia on getting a Savior up and running. Shelly was Bia's project. Monica was Senior Director Odoya's.

The jury is still out on wether the FUBAR with the storage facility regarding the blending of the Anansi was intentional or not.

I love Brandi. I don't think I like Senior Director Odoya very much. I'm wondering what she'll be like when her mind is put back together.
If SDO was looking to create a mortal savior, then Monica is out of the running since she's effectively immortal now that she's all phoenix-y...and you'd expect the Great Chessmaster to be able to account for that eventuality. :) And remember...the dolls that were part of the solution to the Calendar Machine problem (which resulted in M being stabbed in the head with something that had phoenix blood in it) came from Bia. :) (Geez...now I really want to go back and re-read everything from the beginning to I can get a handle on that awesomeness...AND so I can maybe get a better handle on current events)

That said, I agree with you. I'm very fond of Brandi. I don't really like the Senior Director much (though I'm a fan of unlikable characters in stories, so it's a good thing I don't like her).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Maybe the slot wasn't empty after all - it was.... The Dark Crystal!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Timotheus wrote:I'll set up the podium and power point projector here in the confusion corner and Paul can hold a lecture series to explain just what the heck has happened in this chapter when he's ready to clear the air. I'll make sure there's soda, beer, and coffee and I'm sure we can arrange a potluck. He can even use my neon green pointer and my white board.
Ex... plain...? That word sounds vaguely familiar. What's it mean?
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Boxilar wrote: I love Brandi. I don't think I like Senior Director Oduya very much. I'm wondering what she'll be like when her mind is put back together.
...Who says they're going to be put back together?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

What I'm wondering is: What shape the hole is and does it match the crystal being carried by the vampire pair?
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

Does this mean that Orson Miller may have "blended" with them?
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

jwhouk wrote:
Boxilar wrote: I love Brandi. I don't think I like Senior Director Oduya very much. I'm wondering what she'll be like when her mind is put back together.
...Who says they're going to be put back together?
I can't post a linky since I'm on my phone, but Tsilla seemed to think that would be a possible outcome of all this when she was doing her operator thing in the Library .

And think Monica is the "mortal" savior set in motion by SDO, since she wasn't immortal until after the Calender Machine was "fixed".

I also think that now that the Calender loops are over, everyone and everything that was staying clear while he Earth was in an effective 80,0000 year stasis are looking to get their hands back in.

I think that Tsilla, Bia, SDO, Phix and everyone else are trying to tie up loose ends before things really get crazy.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

All those Sparks released, and they were filtered through 'Sali? If they get solid forms, is the Wapsiverse ready for that many people influenced by our teen bird?
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Well it Does appear Katherine gave Bird-girl a 'Pre-Cardial Thump' ( old school C.P.R.), however This is looking like the end of STII: Wrath of Kahn.
I just don't want to see Atsali go. :cry:
C'mon people clap your hands if you believe in Sirens. Clap,Clap,CLAP!.....What the Hey, It worked in Peter Pan. ;)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

donoho wrote:First thing I thought of was the 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo....
I try not to think of Scooby Doo at all...

Well, most of the time.

And then i see something good...
Attachments
jinkies.png
jinkies.png (204.5 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thinking about the Etheitians who have just escaped (into some form)... I do see something potentially quite ominous here.

Atsali's comments indicate that they've been stuck in confinement, conscious and aware for much of the time since they were shrinkwrapped into the storage crystals. This is apparently not a case of "Mr. Scott spending 75 years in the transporter buffer" (there was never any evidence in that particular story that he was conscious and aware of time passing while in pattern-storage). Although the Etheitians may have been "blended" somehow, they still seem to have spent a terribly long time "awake" and in a state which may very well have been equivalent to sensory deprivation.

Humans do not do well with long periods of sensory deprivation. Even "solitary confinement" in prison is bad enough... being unplugged from your senses for more than moderate periods of time has a nasty tendency to lead to hallucination and psychosis.

Katherine and Atsali may now be faced with the problem of dealing with a large number of (possibly discorporate) intelligences which may very well be suffering from a really bad case of Tagii syndrome. Consider the situation and the before and after states of a highly intelligent entity stuck in this sort of isolated storage for awhile...
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

MerchManDan wrote:I'm suddenly wondering if Senior Director Oduya saw THIS coming. I doubt it, but somehow...I don't doubt it.
Senior Director Oduya more then saw it coming, I think she planned it. Remember the missing Cystal that's current in Lily's hands? (Ok currently between her partner's breasts :mrgreen: ). How did that Cryptic get from the Anaszi library to that pueblo in the desert? Brandy was the last soul in the Anasazi library before the big literal Earth shaking KA-BOOM!. She's the most obvious suspect. And with the flasback's emphassis on the six babies being cramped into a single Crystal. I've give everyone one guess as what Crystal that was. (Hint: see above).

My brain is going in so many directions for plot possibilities. It's hard to focus in any one direction. I think I'm gonna hate tomorrow's comic (and having to way the entire week-end).
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Fairportfan wrote:I try not to think of Scooby Doo at all... Well, most of the time. And then i see something good...
Oh, yes! For those who've not seen that before, the title is If Scooby-Doo Were a Real Dog. I've long since lost the Deviantart URL.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:I try not to think of Scooby Doo at all...
Oh, come on. Any cartoon that gets praise from Carl Sagan (see the Periphery Demographic entry) can't be so bad. (then again, he may not have watched the later generations)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:I try not to think of Scooby Doo at all...
Oh, come on. Any cartoon that gets praise from Carl Sagan (see the Periphery Demographic entry) can't be so bad. (then again, he may not have watched the later generations)
Any cartoon that got praise from Carl Sagan probably isn't any good at all.

As far as i'm concerned, the only worthwhile thing Sagan did was inspire the creation of a new unit of measurement - the Sagan*.

Now, the original It's Time for Beanie (the puppet show) got praise from Einstein. Personally, i suspect whether ol' Isaac liked it or not was a better criterion for judging kids' teevee
* "Beel-lions and beelions"
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:As far as i'm concerned, the only worthwhile thing Sagan did was inspire the creation of a new unit of measurement - the Sagan.
*several deep breaths later*
That's an opinion, and you're entitled to it. I disagree with it, but it's nnngh....not a big deal. Suggestion: Let's not take this any further, to avoid tension. Agreed?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:As far as i'm concerned, the only worthwhile thing Sagan did was inspire the creation of a new unit of measurement - the Sagan.
*several deep breaths later*
That's an opinion, and you're entitled to it. I disagree with it, but it's nnngh....not a big deal. Suggestion: Let's not take this any further, to avoid tension. Agreed?
Agreed. It was a slightly exaggerated version of my view, actually...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

That was quick. I notice that the fandom finds Velma more interesting than Daphne - the curvy nerd stereotype beats the trendy model stereotype?
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Well, the fan-art that can appear on DeviantArt tends to feature Velma a lot.

Daphne gets a lot of ... action ... on Rule 34 sites.
=====================
=====================
mike weber