Fly to Turkey, pay $5000 for a mustache transplant

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Fly to Turkey, pay $5000 for a mustache transplant

Post by Fairportfan »

Turkey: The healthcare tourist hotspot for moustache transplants
Charlie Osborne/SmartPlanet wrote: Turkey’s enjoying a roaring trade in moustache transplants these days.

Health tourism is a popular — although not always recommended — way to cut down on cosmetic procedure costs and get a tan at the same time. Whether you’re looking for a fresh set of veneers or a breast augmentation, most procedures can be booked abroad for a fraction of the price.

It may be risky to undergo a procedure outside of your home country, but when costs are lower, many choose to take the chance. The Turkey medical sector is currently enjoying a rise in health tourists seeking facial hair transplants.

Men from the Middle East, Europe and Asia are going to Istanbul in droves for the moustache transplant procedure. Using a technique called follicle-hair extraction, hair is removed from other parts of the body and embedded along the upper lip or cheeks.

The procedure is performed under local anesthetic, takes up to five hours and costs approximately $5000. To cater to those looking to beef up their beard, a number of tourism agencies are now offering packages that offer the procedure, shopping vacations and beach resorts.

Most patients are foreign; 100,000 people traveled to Turkey in 2012 for plastic surgery — although there is no specific procedure breakdown. However, for Turkey’s economy, the $1bn in revenue health tourism provides is only being boosted by more unusual cosmetic procedures being offered.

As surgeon Dr. Tulunay notes, changing ideas over masculinity may be contributing to the rise in moustache transplants. “The moustache is making a comeback. If a man’s moustache doesn’t grow, he wants to know he can have one as a mark of masculinity,” Tulunay says. “Our customers know that if they pay, we can deliver the results.”
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Re: Fly to Turkey, pay $5000 for a mustache transplant

Post by Dave »

Sounds like a great idea for a new growth industry. They could deliver one of these:
Or one of these:
Or this:
Or perhaps this:
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:Image
More about gamers in general, but the sentiment is there...

[rantzilla]In regards to the original post: Personally, I prefer more sane and realistic folk. If you have money for a follicular transplant in a foreign country, don't be one of those who whine later that "fer'ners" are stealing our revenue and jobs, okay? Especially don't do it on a public venue. Because you will be found out and humiliated in the most visceral, viral way possible.

Sorry. Someone griped about illegals doing construction work recently on another forum I frequent, yet bragged about the pittance they tipped the locals at their recent Mexican holiday. Talk about being part of the problem...[/rantzilla]
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Even some asses have moustaches!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Charlie Osborne/SmartPlanet wrote:Using a technique called follicle-hair extraction, hair is removed from other parts of the body and embedded along the upper lip or cheeks.
Depending which "other parts of the body" are providing the hair follicles, one's moustache may no longer add a little bit of class.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

But think how curly...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber