Virtual LEGOS!

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Virtual LEGOS!

Post by Jabberwonky »

http://www.buildwithchrome.com
On this site, a virtual LEGO Australia, you are given a plot of land to build LEGO creations on. Kinda cool, I'm waiting for an email confirmation that my build is public.
You need Chrome to make it work...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Re: Virtual LEGOS!

Post by Fairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote:http://www.buildwithchrome.com
Forget it, then.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

i looked at the rules, and it's VERY limiting... you cannot save works-in-progress at all!... you essentially must build your entire model in one login session... AND, the only way to save it is to publish it... that's ok, you're thinking, right? HA!... Nope!, once you publish it, you can no longer go back and EDIT or change it in ANY way!... now i say, what kind of moron thought up that restriction?

i don't mind the other restrictions like anti swearing,and racism, no advertising of products, and moderation etc, that's kinda standard now days... but the lack of a save for WIP's (and no edit once saved) is ridiculous.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote:i don't mind the other restrictions like anti swearing,and racism, no advertising of products, and moderation etc, that's kinda standard now days... but the lack of a save for WIP's (and no edit once saved) is ridiculous.
Sorta requires that you build one in realspace to make sure you've got it right, before you model it. That does seem rather backwards.

I used to do computer programming assignments that way (write the code, test, get good results, then write the flowchart on the back of the final source-code listing) but that was just showing off. Wouldn't want to do it with anything intricate, or do it in a single session.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Fairportfan wrote:
Forget it, then.
heh heh
very succinct.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

On this site, a virtual LEGO Australia, you are given a plot of land to build LEGO creations on. Kinda cool, I'm waiting for an email confirmation that my build is public.
I'm on a tablet atm, and most sites work fine, but this is the worst site ever. Everything is piled up on one another, and no way to fix the appearance. Most of Googles crap works flawlessly on my tablet without tweaking, so I dunno...

I finally get it shrunk down enough to see anything, and now I cannot move the map to a location I want. I think I'll pass until I no longer want to shout at the screen.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

If I ever get the hankering to build something with virtual blocks, I'll go play Minecraft.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I had my doubts from the moment I saw an S on the end of LEGO. ;) Yes I KNOW it's an accepted plural form, but it still makes me cringe every time I encounter it.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:I had my doubts from the moment I saw an S on the end of LEGO. ;) Yes I KNOW it's an accepted plural form, but it still makes me cringe every time I encounter it.
That just makes me want to build a walking robot so I can annoy those like you by calling its operating system LegOS. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Argh, my love of walking robots conflicting with my annoyance!! You monster!! :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Ah, but think of the pleasure of doing a careful, meticulous, pythonesque Black Knight disassembly of said robot, into segments small enough to fit into the Pun Jar! :twisted: