Where does a seventeen-pound cat sleep?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Where does a seventeen-pound cat sleep?

Post by Fairportfan »

Bright Eyes (Helen's cat) is the eldest in the house - eight years old, i think.

Just as Rocket liked the DVR box in cooler weather, Bright Eyes picked out her favourite snoozing spot some time ago...

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Re: Where does a seventeen-pound cat sleep?

Post by Jabberwonky »

Warm!

:D
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Heh. My Mother rescued a Cat and her litter(at the time unborn) from Winter, at great personal risk(she busted her foot caring for them, and never missed a day of work).

When they were old enough to be weaned, Mom found homes for them. Felix, named so because of his resemblance to the cartoon cat, went to my oldest and dearest friend. While waiting for me to come with a kitty taxi at My Mother's work, where she's a tailor, Felix slept in the same spot. When they couldn't find him, they called me asking for his fave hiding place, and I told them to check the top of the water heater first, then the top of their pantry cabinet.

He's gotta be about five by now. Cute and sneaky.

My son took the second when I wasn't aware of it, and my niece took the first one.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I like the second a lot. It's a good candid photo.

Buds favorite spot was on one of the floor vents during the winter. When he heard the heat kick on, he would run to the bathroom and lie down next to the vent. Towards the end, he stayed mostly in the living room and camped out on the vent nearest the TV. I kept the heat a bit higher than I normally would have because he was getting really arthritic and the extra heat seemed to help.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My mother's St Bernard had a bad shoulder (the kennel knew he did, which is why my folks got him relatively cheaply but had to promise he'd never be bred).

He absolutely loved the spot in the breakfast nook that let him lie down with his shoulder right in front of the furnace duct.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

When I was sharing an old house with a roommate, one of her cats (Binx or Smoke - pretty sure it was Smoke) would nap in an old, empty aquarium we'd kept in the living room, in front of the picture window. I wish I'd had the foresight to get a picture, it was pretty funny.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)