Taking Charge 2013-04-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Taking Charge 2013-04-17

Post by Grantwhy »

sheik wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Lilly and Suzie aren't worried about the 20-mile trek: There's enough salvageable parts to build a sedan chair, or a pair of rickshaws, for the flight crew to huck for 20 miles....

(Y'all aren't thinkin' like OFFICERS yet)
Lilly might be thinking like an officer, but Susie is acting like an NCO.
I'm getting mixed signals from this.
Does Agent Pratt want to investigate the alcove before going to meet the Director? That could mean a substantial delay in meeting the Director.
OTOH perhaps it's the decision itself that Brandi wants. The result would definitely be a window into her new agents' thinking processes.
My way of approaching the problem would be for Agent Pratt to immediately hoof it to meet the Director and leave Agent McBride to continue the investigation and report soonest.
But then again, I'm only human.
To my way of thinking, Lilly wants to check the alcove because after 5,000 years you learn at least some of the things on the list.

While Number 13 is intended for enemies, it does teach to (1) check for bodies and (2) double check they are actually dead.

Lilly is not going to tell the Senior Director the two 'civilians' are dead without being certain they actually are?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

sheik wrote: Lilly might be thinking like an officer, but Susie is acting like an NCO.
I'm getting mixed signals from this.

A good officer/NCO team that have been together do often act that way. At times the NCO has to keep the officer focused on the task at had. Keep them from loosing sight of the objective so to say. The does lead to times when the NCO has to dope slap the officer. It is SUPPOSED to be done where the troops won't see it happen as this can compromise the chain of command. But even that is not written in stone if the officer has gone off the deep end. Remember the Officers lead and plan, the NCO's get it done.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Humbly submitted from Aliens-

Lt. Gorman: Any questions?

[Pvt. Hudson raises his hand]

Lt. Gorman: What is it, private?

Pvt. Hudson: How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Sgt. Apone: You secure that shit, Hudson!
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

Fairportfan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Duh, the guy on the left is The Blank.
The Stig.
FPF wins. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."