How to Get My Little Ponies Shnockered

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

NOTDilbert

How to Get My Little Ponies Shnockered

Post by NOTDilbert »

I have my roommate again to blame - I mean, thank for this.
work1.png
work1.png (131.64 KiB) Viewed 32571 times
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Re: How to Get My Little Ponies Shnockered

Post by shadowinthelight »

There is a more complete list (what looks to be the original source) with 15 different recipies here. Click on the Download link to see the full size image.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

The former bartender in me is cackling maniacally.
I so mead...I mean need to mix up a few more...but that involves me getting hammered and watching the reference material first.
I doubt I have enough alcohol on hand to accomplish that presently.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Then we have these*...

...and these (recipes, no pictures)...

...and these. EDIT!! Whoa, sorry about the poor quality; PhotoBucket must have resized it. I'll have to 'net search for the original. EDIT AGAIN!! The original; linked because it is a rather large picture.

*Note to self: Nightmare Moon. ASAP.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

MerchManDan wrote:Then we have these*...

Snippy snip.

Did you ever try it?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

DinkyInky wrote:

Snippy snip.

Did you ever try it?
Not yet; I keep forgetting to buy the ingredients. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

DinkyInky wrote:

Snippy snip.

Did you ever try it?
OK! So, I finally got around to buying the components needed; couldn't find a mocha Kahlua, so settled for the original. The recipe doesn't specify amounts, so I went with a 1:1:1 mix and it turned out pretty good: The rum didn't seem to overpower the coffee or Irish cream much, but it certainly made its presence known. I've already had....uh, several? At least a couple of Nightmare Moons and I feel GOOOOOOD. Oh man.
shadowinthelight

MerchManDan wrote:I've already had....uh, several? At least a couple of Nightmare Moons and I feel GOOOOOOD. Oh man.

Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Try stirring in a spoonful of Nestles Quick....
Nestles Quick.jpg
Nestles Quick.jpg (57.73 KiB) Viewed 32356 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Try stirring in a spoonful of Nestles Quick....
Nestles Quick.jpg
Mocha Kahlua can be made(if you cannot find the original) by mixing one part Godiva chocolate liquer, and one part kahlua.

Patron also makes Cafe Coco that makes Kahlua taste like a very bad idea.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Quick! Which pony would be best represented by Cotton Candy?

The other day I was bored, and my son left his brand new just opened cotton candy tub in front of me. I ended up using most of it in a brandy glass and poured White rum over it. Very tasty. Very colourful too, as it was multi-coloured.

Best $4 ever(as to soothe hurt feelings I ended up buying him two tubs of cotton candy to replace what I "ate").

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:Quick! Which pony would be best represented by Cotton Candy?

The other day I was bored, and my son left his brand new just opened cotton candy tub in front of me. I ended up using most of it in a brandy glass and poured White rum over it. Very tasty. Very colourful too, as it was multi-coloured.

Best $4 ever(as to soothe hurt feelings I ended up buying him two tubs of cotton candy to replace what I "ate").
I'd go with Pinkie Pie...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Quick! Which pony would be best represented by Cotton Candy?

I'd go with Pinkie Pie...
Yup, have to, with her being the sugar junkie and all.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

But cotton candy is fluffy like a cloud which leads to pegasi. Pegasus + multicolor = Rainbow Dash. But since this sounds like a relaxing drink it needs a name like "Dashie's Day Off".

I think people forget Pinkie Pie is the pony who dumped a bottle of hot sauce on a cupcake in the first episode. If I made a drink for her it would be sweet but spicy like a candied jalapeño.

MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

shadowinthelight wrote:I think people forget Pinkie Pie is the pony who dumped a bottle of hot sauce on a cupcake in the first episode.
Some people remember that. (third panel)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:But cotton candy is fluffy like a cloud which leads to pegasi. Pegasus + multicolor = Rainbow Dash. But since this sounds like a relaxing drink it needs a name like "Dashie's Day Off".

I think people forget Pinkie Pie is the pony who dumped a bottle of hot sauce on a cupcake in the first episode. If I made a drink for her it would be sweet but spicy like a candied jalapeño.
You mean sort of like my idea to take Patron Cafe XO, Godiva Chocolate liqueur, and that Ghost Face Beer?

--Safyr Drathmir
shadowinthelight

DinkyInky wrote:You mean sort of like my idea to take Patron Cafe XO, Godiva Chocolate liqueur, and that Ghost Face Beer?
Possibly, but I personally have no idea what that combo would taste like. Pinkie was enamored with Discord's chocolate rain so you may be on to something.

Now I'm tempted to pull out my dehydrator to see if I can make candied jalapeños into a real thing. My mom would probably make a good test subject knowing how much she likes chamoy.

DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:You mean sort of like my idea to take Patron Cafe XO, Godiva Chocolate liqueur, and that Ghost Face Beer?
Possibly, but I personally have no idea what that combo would taste like. Pinkie was enamored with Discord's chocolate rain so you may be on to something.

Now I'm tempted to pull out my dehydrator to see if I can make candied jalapeños into a real thing. My mom would probably make a good test subject knowing how much she likes chamoy.
I'm still trying to find the beer so I can in fact try it. After Miss Julie mentioned it in another post, I joked about Hot Cocoa Beer using that as the base, but here in the land of More than Corn the liquor stores are rather timid, and won't even special order it for me.

--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

shadowinthelight wrote:Now I'm tempted to pull out my dehydrator to see if I can make candied jalapeños into a real thing.
You don't have to dehydrate them, though if you don't you'll have to be a bit more careful about storing them so that they don't get too wonky. You can seal them up in jars like other preserved fruit.

And given all of this My Little Pony talk, the fact that I have a commission to make yet another cake on that theme, and that I don't have much else on my agenda at the moment, I suppose I'll go ahead and give watching that show a try.
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:I'm still trying to find the beer so I can in fact try it. After Miss Julie mentioned it in another post, I joked about Hot Cocoa Beer using that as the base, but here in the land of More than Corn the liquor stores are rather timid, and won't even special order it for me.
FYI- You might have trouble finding it now. I believe that Ghost Face Killah's season may well be over. We had trouble finding it back in May and ended up buying the last two bottles on the shelf at our local Spec's. You'll have to wait until next year to go hunting for this particular brand of ass-burning beer. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."