Facebook user to lose custody of kids. I hope.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Facebook user to lose custody of kids. I hope.

Post by Fairportfan »

One hopes that in later life, these kids never remember the ... incubator ... they came out of.

Woman arrested after trying to sell her kids on Facebook.

=============

...and doing it in ordinary Facebook messages.

Social media does make you stupid.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Re: Facebook user to lose custody of kids. I hope.

Post by Mark N »

And the stupid just keeps coming. :oops:

One can hope that the father (or Fathers) of these children had better DNA than her.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:And the stupid just keeps coming. :oops:

One can hope that the father (or Fathers) of these children had better DNA than her.
He's probably the one she was trying to sell the kids to raise bail for.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The thing that bothers me is the spacing of the children, 2 months and 10 months old, that second one had to be a premie, or she somehow got pregnant again before she gave birth to the first one. I mean most women don't even become fertile again for at least a couple months after giving birth...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:The thing that bothers me is the spacing of the children, 2 months and 10 months old, that second one had to be a premie, or she somehow got pregnant again before she gave birth to the first one. I mean most women don't even become fertile again for at least a couple months after giving birth...
The older kid is two years old.
Using Facebook messaging as her communication medium, VanHorn first attempted to sell her two-year-old child for a price tag of $1,000
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

Ugh! I have two things to say about this:
1) People are stupid.
2) People are disgusting.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:Ugh! I have two things to say about this:
1) People are stupid.
Kind of makes you wonder why you try at all ... and then you look at your children and know why.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote:Ugh! I have two things to say about this:
1) People are stupid.
"I love mankind. It's people I can't stand."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Opus the Poet wrote:The thing that bothers me is the spacing of the children, 2 months and 10 months old, that second one had to be a premie, or she somehow got pregnant again before she gave birth to the first one. I mean most women don't even become fertile again for at least a couple months after giving birth...
Wrong.

I got preggers right after losing one, lost that one too, then had my wee one. I also lost another after my son was about three months old.

My ex and his brother are exactly eight months apart(according to hospital that I think was off anyway, because they considered an eight pound baby preemie).

One of my Uncles is eight months apart from another Uncle.

That said, the "woman" needs to be sterilized thereby making her eligible for a Darwin honorable mention, and her kids immediately sent to responsible family, and if none, foster.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:That said, the "woman" needs to be sterilized thereby making her eligible for a Darwin honorable mention, and her kids immediately sent to responsible family, and if none, foster.
I really feel sorry for how the kids are likely to feel when they grow up, and hear about this. Jeesh... it's maybe not quite as bad as being tossed bodily into the trash, but it's not a lot better :(
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Pertty strong evidence that society needs some form of Parenting License.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:Pertty strong evidence that society needs some form of Parenting License.
I used to wonder what things would be like if humans were biologically unable to procreate, until and unless mature and wise enough to do a halfway decent job of it.

I concluded that our ancestors probably never have made it down out of the trees onto the savannah.

One interesting line of "future history" speculation along the lines you suggest, takes place in the Known Space stories by Larry Niven. In this series of stories, society on Earth does adopt mandatory childbearing licensing a century or so on our future, as a solution to overpopulation. Corruption, social and racial discrimination, and enforcement turned out to be major issues. None of the U.N. police were at all fond of being sent out on "mother hunts" to apprehend women who had evaded their birth-control treatments, hooked up with men who had evaded their shots, and became pregnant without a license.

In later years, the "birthright lotteries" had interesting effects...