An Adventure 2013-01-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by shadowinthelight »

I swear, the characters of this comic could probably start a nudist colony. :roll:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Fairportfan »

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
displaced

Post by displaced »

talk about changing the subject!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

And Oscar said, *bloop*
displaced

Post by displaced »

monday, reconstituted monica backhands phix
tuesday, phix gives respect
wednesday, vampires told to get coffee
thursday, tsilla carries out monica?
friday New subject?
WTF?
what happened between wednesday and thursday?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That's kinda dangerous to say about now, what with M transmographying into the Jaguar Girl and becoming immortal and all that. Not to mention the "new" cast members having a taste for human blood.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Remember - an adventure is someone, far away, that you don't know, having a really bad day!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

kingklash wrote:And Oscar said, *bloop*
Maybe hes still a little gassy from the Ice cream Incident.....
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Katherine may need an adventure; it does not necessarily follow that Oscar needs an adventure.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Nice, but only a filler. Let's get on with the story!!!!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

How is Kath supposed to go on an adventure without Oscar? Every witch needs her familiar... ;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

shadowinthelight wrote:I swear, the characters of this comic could probably start a nudist colony. :roll:
Last time I checked, the only one who was a nudist was Katherine xP.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Nice, but only a filler. Let's get on with the story!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I swear, I can just hear Pablo quoting directly from a Warner Brothers character as he reads that comment.

He's saying He doesn't know me vewwy well, does he?

zachariah, I bet you 1000 quatloos that this isn't filler, and that Katherine does indeed become enmeshed in an adventure central to the Wapsi storyline by the time the summer solstice rolls around this year.

Paul's a master at subtle foreshadowing... but this looks to me like one of the most deliberately obvious leadins he's ever offered us.

(which could, of course, mean that I'm dead wrong in what I suspect... this is Paul we're talking about here.)
Locuran

Post by Locuran »

I for one hope it's more than a filler, and am very happy for I've missed Katherine being around.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Dave wrote:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I swear, I can just hear Pablo quoting directly from a Warner Brothers character as he reads that comment.

He's saying He doesn't know me vewwy well, does he?

zachariah, I bet you 1000 quatloos that this isn't filler, and that Katherine does indeed become enmeshed in an adventure central to the Wapsi storyline by the time the summer solstice rolls around this year.

Paul's a master at subtle foreshadowing... but this looks to me like one of the most deliberately obvious leadins he's ever offered us.

(which could, of course, mean that I'm dead wrong in what I suspect... this is Paul we're talking about here.)
Seconded. First, several adventures/story arcs have started with similar pinups.

Second, Katherine is just unusual enough in appearance that I'm willing to raise the bet to 2000 quatloos that Kath is more than she appears, even if she isn't aware of it. Between her conversatios with Oscar and her unusual eyes with little or no sclera showing, I think she's more than human. I've postulated before that maybe she has a marine ancestry in her background, and that of all the fish, the ones with mostly black eyes are sharks. Her teeth and lipless mouth have a bit of a shark like look as well.
Locuran wrote:I for one hope it's more than a filler, and am very happy for I've missed Katherine being around.
I don't think it's a coincidence that a week of Katherine was dropped in the middle of the Phix snit drama. She's going to be important soon.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

So perhaps Kath IS going to step into the role of the sweet, and naive character, taking Monica's place in that capacity.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Boxilar wrote: I've postulated before that maybe she has a marine ancestry in her background, and that of all the fish, the ones with mostly black eyes are sharks. Her teeth and lipless mouth have a bit of a shark like look as well.
Truly traditional mermaids were not very nice. Sharp pointy teeth and stuff....
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

I read her thinking "I need an adventure" and immediately thought, "no, sweetie, you need a back rub, and I can take care of that for you ..." :D

Nice to see one of my favorites again. Hopefully she isn't in for a shock like when she met Phix for the first time.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Only a filler? You sure about that? Forgotten past Friday cliffhangers have we? Rest of us will be watching to see how Katherine gets drawn into the recent events, and how she handles one of the few people she very felt comfortable with (Monica) suddenly becoming one of the things that can scare the crap out of her (like Phix).

Patience, bud.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Boxilar wrote:
Seconded. First, several adventures/story arcs have started with similar pinups.

Second, Katherine is just unusual enough in appearance that I'm willing to raise the bet to 2000 quatloos that Kath is more than she appears, even if she isn't aware of it. Between her conversatios with Oscar and her unusual eyes with little or no sclera showing, I think she's more than human. I've postulated before that maybe she has a marine ancestry in her background, and that of all the fish, the ones with mostly black eyes are sharks. Her teeth and lipless mouth have a bit of a shark like look as well.
Or Spiders. In mythology, the two stories that come readily to mind are Arachne and Anansi.

Or it might be some other facet of hers Paul focuses on. Maybe she becomes a werewolf and starts chasing squirrels.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville