I have an awesome sister

A little corner to talk bra sizing, good places to shop, helpful blog links, all things body positive.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Julie

Re: I have an awesome sister

Post by Julie »

shadowinthelight wrote:A better description of Texas weather: Tomorrow will be ____________. Day before yesterday I was in t-shirt, shorts and sandals. Tonight? Freeze warning.
Well of course. :) It's impossible to describe Texas weather in the "predictive" sense (I think that a Magic 8-Ball would be as good a tool to guess tomorrow's weather as any barometer). You can only describe what it's doing right now. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:A better description of Texas weather: Tomorrow will be ____________. Day before yesterday I was in t-shirt, shorts and sandals. Tonight? Freeze warning.
Better than here in "More than Corn" land, aka Indiana. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute, then swear up a storm when Murphy gives you the worst possible for the season.

Case in Point. Sunday it was 73, sunny, breezy, and fun. Got much neglected work done. Yesterday? Icicles hung off the plants in full sunshine, biting wind, and rain. Today is cold, windy, and dry dry dry. I slathered my balm(Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter) on my face and lips just before stepping outside to wait for the bus to get my wee one, and still got windburn lips.

Most of my Texan friends do not like this weather when they visit(Spring is similar to Autumn weather, minus the fall colour), and I shrug it off as it's normal for me.

I have 18 days before I can sing my favourite song about the weather, and I cannot wait. :D
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

A funny bit about the new cleavage holders. Lately it has been dry and very windy, and freezing. I had to go out and take care of some things. I was dressed warmly, or so I thought. Biting draft trying to steal my coat and scarf away. The only part of me not freezing was covered by a sunflower and polka dot bra. Is that positive thinking or, " behold, the power of cheese? "
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Perhaps you're Venusian. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I thought all women were from Venus.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

DinkyInky wrote:A funny bit about the new cleavage holders. Lately it has been dry and very windy, and freezing. I had to go out and take care of some things. I was dressed warmly, or so I thought. Biting draft trying to steal my coat and scarf away. The only part of me not freezing was covered by a sunflower and polka dot bra. Is that positive thinking or, " behold, the power of cheese? "
Silk is an *excellent* insulator. This is the previously mentioned Curvy Kate's, yes?

Also, I suppose this means I cannot send you the tops I owe you in the form of titanium chainmail? It would finally give me an excuse to state that I made sure that the chick is in the mail... but titanium is still too good a thermal conductor.

Ahh, I know... non-neutonian fabrics have excellent thermal insulation properties! Now I just need to figure out where M's designer is...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Also, I suppose this means I cannot send you the tops I owe you in the form of titanium chainmail? It would finally give me an excuse to state that I made sure that the chick is in the mail... but titanium is still too good a thermal conductor.

Ahh, I know... non-neutonian fabrics have excellent thermal insulation properties! Now I just need to figure out where M's designer is...
You really need to pay up before that vault explodes.

Hey, it' s not winter year round here...Chain mail bra...Wuwu, my inner ShadowKnight is grinning...

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

DinkyInky wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Also, I suppose this means I cannot send you the tops I owe you in the form of titanium chainmail? It would finally give me an excuse to state that I made sure that the chick is in the mail... but titanium is still too good a thermal conductor.

You really need to pay up before that vault explodes.

Hey, it' s not winter year round here...Chain mail bra...Wuwu, my inner ShadowKnight is grinning...
Paying up will probably CAUSE the vault to explode. Besides, I've got it on auto-draft. It's just easier that way.

I'll see what I can do, then. Would you prefer matte or anodized?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Paying up will probably CAUSE the vault to explode. Besides, I've got it on auto-draft. It's just easier that way.

Anodized, it' s shiny. My inner ShadowKnight is giggling madly.

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

DinkyInky wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Paying up will probably CAUSE the vault to explode. Besides, I've got it on auto-draft. It's just easier that way.

Anodized, it' s shiny. My inner ShadowKnight is giggling madly.
Err... anodized tends to be rainbow-bright colors, so probably more paladin-ish. You know what I mean, those paladins tend to get a little *too* familiar with their mounts...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Err... anodized tends to be rainbow-bright colors, so probably more paladin-ish. You know what I mean, those paladins tend to get a little *too* familiar with their mounts...
Dark Blue Anodized is gorgeous, not too fluffy. Even the dark green is fair. My glasses frame is anodized titanium and it is rather dark. It all depends on processing.

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Err... anodized tends to be rainbow-bright colors, so probably more paladin-ish. You know what I mean, those paladins tend to get a little *too* familiar with their mounts...
Dark Blue Anodized is gorgeous, not too fluffy. Even the dark green is fair. My glasses frame is anodized titanium and it is rather dark. It all depends on processing.
You can probably mix up almost any color of dye from the appropriate chemical types, to make the anodizing bath. With the three primary colors being available, plus black (electronic heatsinks are commonly anodized black) you would have much the same range of control as with a good color inkjet printer. Not all alloys anodize and take color consistently, but with some experimentation I'm sure pleasing results could be achieved.

I wonder if anyone has figured out a way to segregate the dyes by area, and create a mottled camoflage anodization effect? or maybe even jaguar spots? Some sort of soft gelling agent that would be compatible with the harsh pH of the anodizing electrolyte, perhaps?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

The jaguar spotting you do by casting an appropriate pendant. All that work would be wasted if the person doing anodization slacked and it was not done deeply enough, as it can wear off with abuse.

For jaguar, I would make the yellowish and brownish rings and knit them in a mottled pattern if I was really motivated...chunky bracelets would really pop.

I once made a chainmail pocket T in what I have been corrected as being done in King's mail(up til then I was calling it Japanese link) with Persian collar, cuffs and bottom hem. Wish the pictures were not gone. Guess I will have to make another some day when I feel a bit...masochistic...shall we say?

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:The jaguar spotting you do by casting an appropriate pendant. All that work would be wasted if the person doing anodization slacked and it was not done deeply enough, as it can wear off with abuse.
Good point. Chain-mail with mange would not be the most attractive thing to wear into battle. Although I suppose that you might gain a bit, if your opponent broke into a fit of giggles when he should have been parrying :)
ShneekeyTheLost

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:The jaguar spotting you do by casting an appropriate pendant. All that work would be wasted if the person doing anodization slacked and it was not done deeply enough, as it can wear off with abuse.
Good point. Chain-mail with mange would not be the most attractive thing to wear into battle. Although I suppose that you might gain a bit, if your opponent broke into a fit of giggles when he should have been parrying :)
The jaguar thing can also be more easily done by simply using different colored rings in a pattern. So the spots are black anodized, with the 'hide' as probably gold or yellow.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
*snerk* Thanks for the mental imagery. I cannot believe I missed it the first read through.

The kindle's native browser SILK does not allow for ad removal, so I get the amusing ones, and a couple of nifty ones. Today for example, Wapsi Square was surrounded by ads for Curvy Kate, Felina, and Roflmao...3wishes lingerie!

Is is any wonder I am trying to figure out how to set up Firefox? I have been blasting the Kindle tech support on how to block ads, as my wee one is allowed to read Garfield on here(and that requires the net).

--Safyr Drathmir