Wreck-It Ralph

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Re: Wreck-It Ralph

Post by Fairportfan »

Jane Lynch cosplays Calhoun

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Oh my gosh, that is amazing. :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Well, both Calhoun and Vanellope were at least partly based on the voice actors.

Check out Sarah Silverman, Vanellope's voice:

=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

I actually did get to see Wreck It Ralph in the theater (much to my surprise...though my husband's comment on the matter was "Of course I want to see this one. I'm a video game nerd."). It was AWESOME! :) Oh...and LOVE the Calhoun cosplay! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote:I actually did get to see Wreck It Ralph in the theater (much to my surprise...though my husband's comment on the matter was "Of course I want to see this one. I'm a video game nerd."). It was AWESOME! :) Oh...and LOVE the Calhoun cosplay! :D
It's almost as if someone at Disney put the wrong labels on and "Ralph" was actually the Pixar film for 2012 and "Brave" was the regular Disney...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Fairportfan wrote:
Julie wrote:I actually did get to see Wreck It Ralph in the theater (much to my surprise...though my husband's comment on the matter was "Of course I want to see this one. I'm a video game nerd."). It was AWESOME! :) Oh...and LOVE the Calhoun cosplay! :D
It's almost as if someone at Disney put the wrong labels on and "Ralph" was actually the Pixar film for 2012 and "Brave" was the regular Disney...
Agreed. Brave was "Standard Disney Plot #4" and Wreck it Ralph was Toy Story for the video game generation. Felix and Ralph were stand ins for Mario and Donkey Kong, though. Not that that's a bad thing. it just would have been intersting having a giant misunderstood Ape as the protagonist.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I finally saw it today while hanging out with my brother. It wasn't his first choice, but I talked him into it; I knew I'd hate myself forever if I missed seeing it in the theater.
Oh my gosh. I think I may have found my most favourite movie ever.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

MerchManDan wrote:I finally saw it today while hanging out with my brother. It wasn't his first choice, but I talked him into it; I knew I'd hate myself forever if I missed seeing it in the theater.
Oh my gosh. I think I may have found my most favourite movie ever.
I Know, Right!... i kinda sorta obsessed over it when it was still in the theaters where i am, i lost count of how many times i saw it... :oops: um prolly about 10 or 12, i think :shock: ... but, yeah, i'm DEFINITELY getting it when it comes out...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Oddly enough, my son wants to see UP. We missed it when it played due to plague, and missed the videos. Some day, I will have the cashflow to buy it.

He says Brave(which I have now seen eleventy billion times), is awesome, and he hasn't had an interest in Wreckit Ralph, not even with the trailers. It' s the first Pixar movie since his first Movie ever Cars that he didn' t see. He just recently saw Toy Story, and wants that one.

I might rent it and see if he changes his mind.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

BTW, have you all seen the trailer for "Planes" yet? Looks interesting....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:Oddly enough, my son wants to see UP. We missed it when it played due to plague, and missed the videos. Some day, I will have the cashflow to buy it.

He says Brave(which I have now seen eleventy billion times), is awesome, and he hasn't had an interest in Wreckit Ralph, not even with the trailers. It' s the first Pixar movie since his first Movie ever Cars that he didn' t see. He just recently saw Toy Story, and wants that one.

I might rent it and see if he changes his mind.
"Ralph" isn't Pixar - but it ought to be.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

Boxilar wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:It's almost as if someone at Disney put the wrong labels on and "Ralph" was actually the Pixar film for 2012 and "Brave" was the regular Disney...
Agreed. Brave was "Standard Disney Plot #4" and Wreck it Ralph was Toy Story for the video game generation.
While I wouldn't have labeled Brave as "Standard Disney Plot" anything, I have to admit that I was very surprised that Wreck It Ralph wasn't a Pixar movie. Even after watching it and not seeing the Pixar logo at the beginning, I still had to be corrected by my husband on the way out of the theater when I said it was "one of Pixar's best movies." :oops: For some reason I still don't separate Disney CG animiated films from Pixar films in my mind...and it just felt very Pixar in its story-telling.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

So, are you guys saying this movie full of video game charcters is very pixarlated?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:So, are you guys saying this movie full of video game charcters is very pixarlated?
no
=====================
=====================
mike weber
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

shadowinthelight wrote:So, are you guys saying this movie full of video game charcters is very pixarlated?
No, as per Fix-t... their faces are VERY "hi-def"... jiminy...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
alj_ws

Post by alj_ws »

Julie wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:It's almost as if someone at Disney put the wrong labels on and "Ralph" was actually the Pixar film for 2012 and "Brave" was the regular Disney...
Agreed. Brave was "Standard Disney Plot #4" and Wreck it Ralph was Toy Story for the video game generation.
While I wouldn't have labeled Brave as "Standard Disney Plot" anything, I have to admit that I was very surprised that Wreck It Ralph wasn't a Pixar movie. Even after watching it and not seeing the Pixar logo at the beginning, I still had to be corrected by my husband on the way out of the theater when I said it was "one of Pixar's best movies." :oops: For some reason I still don't separate Disney CG animiated films from Pixar films in my mind...and it just felt very Pixar in its story-telling.
Considering production times & what happened when Disney bought Pixar in fall 2006, which is basically that Pixar executive team took the reins at Disney studios and made a lot of profound changes at the studio in the same direction as Pixar, "wreck it Ralph" is imho simply the first film where the pixar influence is full, and that is good
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

This sign on the Pun Jar just lit up:

shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

*drops a few of these in the pun jar*

I worked there during my senior of high school and might actually still have a couple somewhere in my stuff.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:*drops a few of these in the pun jar*

I worked there during my senior of high school and might actually still have a couple somewhere in my stuff.
*snerk*
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Julie wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
Mmm... I'm going to have to disagree here. This is the exact same Shrek-ish plotline that has been bumming around Disney studios since Beauty and the Beast.

EDIT: My pardon, I thought you were talking about Wreck-It Ralph. Paint him green and give him a scottish accent, you'll never tell the difference.

As far as Brave, it's the same ol' 'tomboy heroine' plotline that has been an spit out every time some feminist group complains about all the 'helpless princesses'. See also: Pocahontas, and Hunchback of Notre Dame.