More Animal 2013-01-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TlalocW

More Animal 2013-01-18

Post by TlalocW »

Ooooh... Monica is not only the Jaguar Girl, but she has to deal with a Hulk-complex where she is more rage-filled and has trouble mentally concentrating.

But some questions have been answered about Phix and what she knew (or didn't) and when.

TlalocW
Atomic

Re: More Animal 2013-01-18

Post by Atomic »

This is a surprise to Phix? The effects are a surprise to Monica. Maybe her Id is in the driver's seat right now, and she doesn't like it!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
rootwalla

Post by rootwalla »

Don't remember who called it, but this is the scene from The Incredibles... One keeps trying to pick a "fight", the other is just glad the first is alive :)
Now hosting a cocktail bar in the confusion corner.
Beware the Jar... Jar... Jar...
If you can read this... you're awesome, also way too close!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Phix did not know of Monica's upgrade. If this goes on can you say..Cat Fight!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

rootwalla wrote:Don't remember who called it, but this is the scene from The Incredibles... One keeps trying to pick a "fight", the other is just glad the first is alive :)
Neither one is trying to pick a fight. Monica is really Pissed about he Bra and how Phix has been reacting. Phix is just glad she didn't kill Monica. Now Monica is going to ask the hard questions. So not very like the incredibles at all. Though if they kiss and make up I'll give them one point for being right.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

come on i wanna see monica pile drive phix!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Just a heads-up, folks. The comments are back on the Wapsi site, they are run through Facebook. =)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

waldosan wrote:come on i wanna see monica pile drive phix!
No nead to pile drive, Monica would easily win the fight with some creative poiting. Can you say instant declawing?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wapsi wrote:Just a heads-up, folks. The comments are back on the Wapsi site, they are run through Facebook. =)
Well, it's very unlikely i'll be using them unless everything dries up here.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Despite Monica having trouble keeping her cool and not completely fuzzing out on her, Phix is so happy that Monica is alive that she doesn't even seem bothered by her transformation. I half expect Phix to smother Monica in a spine popping Busty Apo hug. LOL

Monica: GROWL, SNARL, CUSS, RAWR!!!

Phix: You're ALIVE! *HUGGLES*
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

see it's that awkward moment just like I said lol

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Despite Monica having trouble keeping her cool and not completely fuzzing out on her, Phix is so happy that Monica is alive that she doesn't even seem bothered by her transformation. I half expect Phix to smother Monica in a spine popping Busty Apo hug. LOL

Monica: GROWL, SNARL, CUSS, RAWR!!!

Phix: You're ALIVE! *HUGGLES*
I was thinking mother cat with her new born kitten but yeah. lol
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...Panel 2, M's second speech-bubble - "you're" should be "your"; took me a couple of reads to figure out what was bent - all the other instances of "you're" were masking it the first time through...

*stuffs Grammar Nazi back into box*

sry - he gets loose at the most inopportune times... :geek:
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Wapsi wrote:Just a heads-up, folks. The comments are back on the Wapsi site, they are run through Facebook. =)
Yay!

I was, indeed, a bit baffled when greeted with a nekkid Wordpress page..

OT: Monday Phix is prolly' gonna hug the little firebrand to smothereens. (yes, I invented a specific word to cover an uncontrolled hug by an apo-sphinx)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...fortunately we still have the forum, then. FaceCrook is Teh Ebil, and I refuse to be yoked by the Dark Lord Zuckerberg. :mrgreen:
Dave

Post by Dave »

And this includes the archived ones! Thank you very much indeed! :!: :!:

Do you have a preference for which sorts of comments and discussions are appropriate for the main site, and what should be reserved for this separate forum?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

TlalocW wrote:Ooooh... Monica is not only the Jaguar Girl, but she has to deal with a Hulk-complex where she is more rage-filled and has trouble mentally concentrating..
While damaging her brain won't dislodge the Key ( since "it's not really" there) damage may have detrimental effects: Justin had amnesia from a head wound, and he's a full Titan.

I also suspect that being restored to the physical condition she was during the Calendar Ritual will always bring at least some residual of the terror, despair and anger of that horrible moment, with it. Every. Damn. Time. Going from helpless to mighty is not just disorienting, it's one of the most dangerous situations one can create.

Though M is using it to good effect: Finally spitting out what she wanted to confront Phix about, weeks ago.
TlalocW wrote:But some questions have been answered about Phix and what she knew (or didn't) and when.
"Nothing but empty tabloid crap." Someone worked very hard to keep this out of Phix's knowledge in every time loop. Just like a certain Chess Master seems to have set up a surprise reveal for Phix now.
Last edited by Yamara on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

I really couldn't be any less of a fan of that being the case. Why the change?
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Wow! How much out of the loop is Phix? Even if she is ... Hellooo ... Jaguar spots, regeneration, Nudge poited to lava ... She's Jaguar Girl! ... Duhhhh! You actually need this explained to you Phix? Of course, it's possible Jaguar Girls don't usually regenerate. This may be a new wrinkle in the genre, and to Phix.

But yeah, I do see a lift her off the ground sphinxy hug coming. Naked and all. If not, Euryale or Nudge may do it for her.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Akeche wrote:
I really couldn't be any less of a fan of that being the case. Why the change?
It was one way to bring the archived comments back, but still give me control to remove trolls from the Wapsi site. Don't worry, the forum won't go anywhere. =)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Facebook hmm?

Well, It's nothing personal, but I refuse to use that bit of detritus.

I will keep at the (by now) "true" comment-page/forum. Thank You very much.

Buut, having said that. In the light of Troll-infesting yeah, understandable choice.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)