Pumpkin 2013-01-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Pumpkin 2013-01-17

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:
Dave wrote:I must therefore throw myself upon the mercy of the Court, such as it is, and request a sentence which properly reflects the utter disgrace in which I find myself.
No need to s'pose the nite to face your cut.
That sentence will do very nicely, thank you - it is sufficiently twisted to be very appropriate! :D
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

as363 wrote:
Mark N wrote:Paul, that was worth the buildup. And talk about a hot Jaguar!!! You have made another look for Monica that will stay with us forever (and the cos-play with it would be stunning)

The last hot Jaguar was the '64 XKE - owned a convertible version - BRG - topped out at 145 mph .
Did it have awesome headlights?
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Do I detect a pattern here?

1: Monica kills Nudge, Monica has BSOD, Nudge gets better, hugs all round.
2: Phix kills Monica, Phix has BSOD, Monica gets better... probably fewer hugs this time, though.

BTW, the whole jaguar-skin thing reminds me of a classic episode of BBC Radio's The Goon Show where our hero Neddy has disguised himself as a Zulu warrior in order to rob a bank. Like you do.

Bank Manager: Oh, Neddy!
Neddy: Curses, I'm spotted.
Bank Manager: Why are you wearing that leopard skin?
Neddy: So That's why I'm spotted!
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yamara wrote:No need to s'pose the nite to face your cut.
.....holy smokes. I'm tempted to say that one out loud, just to see what happens. Probably nothing, but it feels like there's an off-chance a Pun Vortex will open & consume us all.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Yamara wrote: The Ritual installed a Key to that doorway. It can't be removed "without killing her"; killing her doesn't seem like such a big wumpus anymore.
um.. AFAICS..
Monica is a 'doorway' that spirits can use to get through...

the 'key' is actually an apotropaic dagger, that cannot harm her, while the ritual is taking place - what you see is the 'spirit half' of the doorway?? *that* is what the dagger is plunged into, and the handle broken off... :/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/your-precious-doorway/

The handle cannot be **put back in** without killing her... unless they can recreate the same ritual?? a bit difficult, with most of the stuff having gone??

the rest I'll leave to someone who has a better memory and ability!!! maybe they can correct my mishtakes.. :D :D
HospitalDrone

Post by HospitalDrone »

Is it against library policy to poit the contents of a septic tank directly above Phix?
Dave

Post by Dave »

HospitalDrone wrote:Is it against library policy to poit the contents of a septic tank directly above Phix?
You almost ended up owing me a new keyboard. Fortunately I managed to keep that mouthful of Diet Coke under control...
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:Will Monica drop out of being J Girl when she realizes she is now naked? Full nude scenes for Monica are few and fur between.
Ahh but she's not nakie... she's wearing FUR!!! LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Wapsi wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
RunningBull wrote:Nice job with all those spots Paul. That looks like it took some time. Looks great.
Actually I bet he just cloned a texture in whatever drawing program he uses and painted it in.
Nope, that was all drawn by hand and is on the original art. You'll see it when I put it up on Ebay. =)
Well excuse me, and I doff my chapeau to your diligence.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
OneOddDuck

Post by OneOddDuck »

I wonder if the dark hair is a new change or if it is a lighting effect.
"I was not tested for normality before I was entrusted with this mission," said Suriyawong. "But I have no doubt that I would fail such a test." --Shadow Puppets
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

KnightDelight wrote:You know, as I see this, even if Phix had killed Monica for good, it would only be a tiny ripple in her long life. She would feel grief for a while and have to endure some retribution from those who cared about Monica, but, in the end she would simply move on. I doubt even the GGs, though really upset with Phix, would do anything bad to her. They would see it was an accident. Besides, they can't do anything to her unless they lure her out of the Library. Then, they would have to consider collateral damage. We would see this as a great tragedy but for Phix, it is just another character passing from her life. She has undoubtedly had hundreds of close mortal friends, even lovers, die in all sorts of tragic ways. It might even take a year or two to get past it, but get past it she would and her life goes on, and on, and on, and on ... Eventually she might even forget Monica entirely as Shellinx did.
it is true that she'd "get over it" in a few decades, due to her species long life-spans, etc... but when Phix was teaching Shelly about her transformations, she implied that there are RULES about killing Humans... especially ones that are NOT Demon-infested... and as we've seen, Sphinx's are ALL ABOUT RULES... so i think she was not only starting the "OMG I killed Monica" dance, but also the "OMG i killed a NON-Demon-Infested human, and the LAW is gonna get me for it!" one, too...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

6wingedserif wrote:I think it's cool how Paul found a clever way to portray Monica's utter nakedness in the last panel without actually drawing it. At first I thought it was a catsuit but that would be silly.
Heh. If you're not familiar with Brooke McEldowney's online comic, Pibgorn, let me introduce you to two of the major characters - Pibgorn, a fairy (botom), and Drusilla, a succubus (top).

Both of them habitually go starkers, Pib in her dappled green skin, and Dru in her scales...

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

OneOddDuck wrote:I wonder if the dark hair is a new change or if it is a lighting effect.
I believe that it is an artifact of her Jaguar Girl form. Her hair has gone dark before as her power came to the forefront.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
OneOddDuck wrote:I wonder if the dark hair is a new change or if it is a lighting effect.
I believe that it is an artifact of her Jaguar Girl form. Her hair has gone dark before as her power came to the forefront.
Didnt her hair go dark when she got the symbol face right before she poited Nudge to Lake Magma?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

DilyV wrote:
zachariah wrote:Will Monica drop out of being J Girl when she realizes she is now naked? Full nude scenes for Monica are few and fur between.
Ahh but she's not nakie... she's wearing FUR!!! LOL
Watch out for protests from P.E.T.A. :P
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

You know I'm a bit worried about the Friday cliffhanger what with all the drama that's been going down so far. Fer'instance how many vamps do you think there will be come Monday?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Opus the Poet wrote:You know I'm a bit worried about the Friday cliffhanger what with all the drama that's been going down so far. Fer'instance how many vamps do you think there will be come Monday?
I, for one, doubt they will up and fly away...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

If Phix is like so many humans, her first reaction would be to blame the vamps: "See what you almost caused?!?!?!?!" The reaction of most "theoretically{ intelligent critters is to shift the blame elsewhere. Maybe sphinxes (especially Phix) are different.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

MerchManDan wrote:
waldosan wrote:hey paul, would it be okay if i super impose monica in the last panel into that famous uncle sam war bonds poster from world war two?
You mean like this? ;)
Exactly like that! well done!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Boxilar wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:
Julie wrote:What does eating squirrel have to do with innocence? Squirrel (when cooked well) can be quite tasty...and really it's not that different than eating rabbit (hobbits eat rabbit, and they're generally not "jaded"). :P
Well, yes, the eating it doesn't. The killing it, skinning it, gutting it, and chopping it up, however, does. Oh, and there is the matter of sticking pins through live spiders as well. Slow, painful death there.
There are levels of innocence, I think. Katherine may be confident when killing and eating a squirrel, but she's still innocent where human relationships are concerned. To our knowledge, she has never had a friend betray her or personally witnessed something as horrible as one of her closest friends killing and eating her own kind. Compared to Monica, Kath is a babe in the woods.
This...and butchering an animal for food isn't something that would necessarily make someone "not innocent." I'll give you half a point for the pinning live spiders thing, but only half a point because spiders make my skin crawl in ways that just aren't fun. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."