Working Together 2013-01-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Working Together 2013-01-10

Post by Mark N »

Now that's a sharp smile. :twisted:

And poor Suzie is gonna poop a brick
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Stigmartyr762

Re: Working Together 2013-01-10

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

The facial expressions are priceless. One is pure dread, the other is fangirl ready to gush, and Monica is "WHOA! Easy on the top." LMAO
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I suppose it's not technically a wardrobe malfunction, if the piece of clothing in question falls off because it has been grabbed and yanked away from the wearer by an overly-enthusiastic fangirlgoblin... is it? After all, Monica's top couldn't possibly have been designed with that sort of fabric-abuse in mind!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

The One Library has deprecated the <CLOTHING> tag.

<CLOTHING> has been found to impede the operations of <METAMORPHOSIS> and related functions.

Please remove all instances of <CLOTHING> in future updates.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:I suppose it's not technically a wardrobe malfunction, if the piece of clothing in question falls off because it has been grabbed and yanked away from the wearer by an overly-enthusiastic fangirlgoblin... is it? After all, Monica's top couldn't possibly have been designed with that sort of fabric-abuse in mind!
Some alternate dialogue immediately came to mind but I had to whack myself in the nose with a newspaper for being too pervy. :twisted:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

shadowinthelight wrote: Some alternate dialogue immediately came to mind but I had to whack myself in the nose with a newspaper for being too pervy. :twisted:
Spoilsport. :D
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Hee. I like the offsetting in the last panel - lean forward/lean backward, dark hair/light hair, light/dark jacket, dark/light blouse, frowny/grinny...

:D
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Luvit.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yes, the look of anticipation on McBride (her pupils have migrated to her glasses she's so excited) compared to the look of absolute terror on Pratt. Pratt has been briefed on the power of the Jaguar Girl while McBride is just squeeing at the Demon Shepard.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

themadkansan wrote:Hee. I like the offsetting in the last panel - lean forward/lean backward, dark hair/light hair, light/dark jacket, dark/light blouse, frowny/grinny...

:D
... and the way that the angle between their bodies echoes the Tsillah / Monica interaction in the panel above, which also has its own offsetting of the characters' emotional and physical leanings.

The Pablo, he is a subtle man! :)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Just when did Tsillah get to make assignments for Monica? Her statement implies Monica is working either for or with Tsillah. Now Tsillah is a laison to Monica nothing else. Laisons do not make assignments, they make requests. So it looks like the two vamps are being assigned to Monica by MIB for some reason. With everything else going on with Monica right now this is not a good idea. Fangirl gets poited and up-oh runs for the hills.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

zachariah wrote:Just when did Tsillah get to make assignments for Monica? Her statement implies Monica is working either for or with Tsillah. Now Tsillah is a laison to Monica nothing else. Laisons do not make assignments, they make requests. So it looks like the two vamps are being assigned to Monica by MIB for some reason. With everything else going on with Monica right now this is not a good idea. Fangirl gets poited and up-oh runs for the hills.
I figure Tsillah and Pratt & McBride were assigned to Monica as a group by Brandi. Tsillah's instructions were to introduce P & McB to Monica by 'assigning' them to her directly, with Tsillah as Monica's liason and P & McB as Mon's direct assistants. (Brandi cheats and moves several pieces at once...)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Pratt has been briefed on the power of the Jaguar Girl while McBride is just squeeing at the Demon Shepard.
Lily was afraid of her when she only knew her as the Demon Shepherd...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:Just when did Tsillah get to make assignments for Monica? Her statement implies Monica is working either for or with Tsillah. Now Tsillah is a laison to Monica nothing else. Laisons do not make assignments, they make requests. So it looks like the two vamps are being assigned to Monica by MIB for some reason. With everything else going on with Monica right now this is not a good idea. Fangirl gets poited and up-oh runs for the hills.
I'm not sure where you get the impression that Tsillah made this assignment. She's just excited about it; that doesn't mean she's behind it.
Mark N wrote:And poor Suzie is gonna poop a brick
Do you perhaps mean Lily? Suzie looks delighted beyond measure.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Tsillah is Monica's MiB liaison and Suzi and Lily's direct supervisor in MiB.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Yamara wrote:The One Library has deprecated the <CLOTHING> tag.

<CLOTHING> has been found to impede the operations of <METAMORPHOSIS> and related functions.

while this is 'possible' eg http://wapsisquare.com/comic/another-scholar/
- it will be difficult, if a **higher power** notices!! :twisted: :roll:
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:The facial expressions are priceless. One is pure dread, the other is fangirl ready to gush, and Monica is "WHOA! Easy on the top." LMAO
I had the exact same impression!

And Tsillah doesn't seem to mind using Monica as a counter balance either.

Is it bad I heard that in the voice of GlaDos?
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Suzie does look ready to bust...and speaking of, maybe she and Monica could share clothes. :lol:
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

illiad wrote:

while this is 'possible' eg http://wapsisquare.com/comic/another-scholar/
- it will be difficult, if a **higher power** notices!! :twisted: :roll:
I imagine the elder and more powerful characters have no trouble with it. It's those silly humans that get all worked up over the magic modesty threads.

And pity, like a naked new-born babe,
Striding the blast, or heaven's cherubins, horsed
Upon the sightless couriers of the air,
Shall blow the horrid deed in every eye,
That tears shall drown the wind.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
eee

Post by eee »

Pratt is having a series of shocks today. She's met a guy eating something weird outside her partner's apartment house, then Brandi the Chess Master, got taken to the Library for the first time, and now is face to face with the Demon Shepherd.

All this is a lot for one poor vampire cop girl. I'm sure she can handle it, but she's probably feeling more and more over her head...