Big Teeth 2013-01-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: Big Teeth 2013-01-04

Post by Mark N »

Forklifter wrote:I wonder if the 'reset' effect of getting killed will get rid of the new Jaguar Girl attributes, as the reset was supposed to be her body as it was just after getting the key stuck in her head.
The other option is the Jaguar Girl attributes are now her 'reset' aspects if she gets killed. It will be interesting to see what happens if she is slain again.
I am going to guess that the new attributes are, like Shelly's. shape-shifter in nature and controllable if she so wishes so a reset will not change them.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:If Mon ever starts to get *that* angry again, defusing it is now easy - someone whip out the laser pointer and distract her......
When will she get the ears and the tail, I wonder?
That will be in the 'Wapsi Square Fan Service' thread...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Dave wrote:Even if she's nearly immortal, a bath in lava might be even more distressing for her than it was for Nudge.
If you dump someone who is nearly immortal into lava ... would that leave them mostly dead? Would there be anything left in their pockets to rummage when you got them out?

Yeah, I'm still here in case anyone wondered, I can just never remember my password and don't usually feel like looking it up. :D
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Wapsi wrote:I saw one that didn't have any replies and deleted that one. I'm new to phpBB so I couldn't find a way to merge it. My apologies.
Are you sure you want to stick with that story? Anyway thanks for the apology and please learn how to merge threads before this comes up again. Thanks for the reply.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

zachariah wrote:
Wapsi wrote:I saw one that didn't have any replies and deleted that one. I'm new to phpBB so I couldn't find a way to merge it. My apologies.
Are you sure you want to stick with that story? Anyway thanks for the apology and please learn how to merge threads before this comes up again. Thanks for the reply.
Wow, quite the snark after an apology from the bloody comic creator...

Anyhow, um, used to post a ton back in the old forum, thought I'd come back and play. Love where the story has gone Pablo :) :) Great artwork as always. I have some of your work framed on my wall, people always ask about it :)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

To someone whom I won't bother quoting -- this is all a gift. How nice that you can do better web maintenance and/or artistry. You are free to do so with your own resources.

If ever there was a comment worth deleting simply for the utter lack of value to the social aspect of this forum, yours would be it. The previous discussion threads under the comic web page were disabled due to the irrelevant sniping and kevtching of those trolls whose only contribution was misery, and I wouldn't be surprised if they looked like what you posted. Play nice or go away, if you please.

To all the others, sorry if I'm a bit crabby today. However entertaining they may be, I rarely suffer fools gladly.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

Atomic wrote:To someone whom I won't bother quoting -- this is all a gift. How nice that you can do better web maintenance and/or artistry. You are free to do so with your own resources.

If ever there was a comment worth deleting simply for the utter lack of value to the social aspect of this forum, yours would be it. The previous discussion threads under the comic web page were disabled due to the irrelevant sniping and kevtching of those trolls whose only contribution was misery, and I wouldn't be surprised if they looked like what you posted. Play nice or go away, if you please.

To all the others, sorry if I'm a bit crabby today. However entertaining they may be, I rarely suffer fools gladly.
Well said, couldn't agree more.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Atomic wrote:To someone whom I won't bother quoting -- this is all a gift. How nice that you can do better web maintenance and/or artistry. You are free to do so with your own resources.

You could be like Harry Dresden in Cold Days and simply not suffer fools..at all.

To zackaria,

Fearest Thou the BanHammer, for showing ingratitude to the Creator shall surely bring it's mighty wrath down upon thine head.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

GreyWolf wrote:
Dave wrote:Even if she's nearly immortal, a bath in lava might be even more distressing for her than it was for Nudge.
If you dump someone who is nearly immortal into lava ... would that leave them mostly dead? Would there be anything left in their pockets to rummage when you got them out?

Yeah, I'm still here in case anyone wondered, I can just never remember my password and don't usually feel like looking it up. :D
When it became apparent that Monica was immortal and could essentially "phoenix" herself when she was killed, I wondered if someone of her power magnitude could be "stopped" by being put into a constant cycle of death-rebirth in an environment where there was no amount of time to escape the death part of the cycle - such as lava or the heart of the sun. Flash fried-regenerated-flash fried before even the thought of escape could be made.

TlalocW
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

zachariah wrote:Are you sure you want to stick with that story? Anyway thanks for the apology and please learn how to merge threads before this comes up again. Thanks for the reply.
::paraphrase:: Are you sure you want to stick with that attitude? Anyway thanks for the snark and please learn some civility and manners before posting again. Thanks for the reply. ::/paraphrase::

Pablo, feel free to ignore people like that, as they deserve. Not everyone is a webmaster geek like some of us and are doing the best they can. And we appreciate your effort. Which is why we make sure we start unique threads and, when we fail, we either fix them or are at least appreciative when you do so for us. Hang in there, bud.

Zachariah - if you are oh so knowledgable, instead of being a jerk, why don't you offer to instruct on how to do a proper merge, hm? Or do you not know how, in which case you are in no position to criticize in the first place?

As for me - I work in tech support, I spend all my available "suffer the fools" allowance on people who paid for the privilege. Thus, I have none left for extending such a courtesy here. ;) And, no, I don't work with phpBB so I offer neither criticism nor advice in that area. But if Pablo wanted, I am a quick study and could probably go find the answer for him ... (my true geek power - the uberstudy)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

GreyWolf wrote:As for me - I work in tech support, I spend all my available "suffer the fools" allowance on people who paid for the privilege. Thus, I have none left for extending such a courtesy here. ;) And, no, I don't work with phpBB so I offer neither criticism nor advice in that area. But if Pablo wanted, I am a quick study and could probably go find the answer for him ... (my true geek power - the uberstudy)
Been there, done that.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Who cares?

THE NHL LOCKOUT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Who cares?

THE NHL LOCKOUT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. Who cares?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

zachariah wrote:
This forum is here for talking about the comic and communicating with other fans, this forum is not an ordained right that you have, and I don't like the tone of being talked down to in that manner. If you're going to have an attitude like that, feel free to,leave at your earliest convenience.
Dave

Post by Dave »

... and I seem to have misplaced my best "an angelic choir sings, while thunder rumbles ominously in the distance" sound-effect CD. Darn.

Well said, Pablo!

To flip it around... thank you very much indeed for being willing to create and support and visit this Forum, after the frustrations of the way the previous Comments section on the main site was mistreated. I really appreciate the opportunity to discuss Wapsi Square with other like-minded fanatics, and I'd miss it greatly if it were not possible.

Illegitimi nil carborundum! ;) 8-)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:To flip it around... thank you very much indeed for being willing to create and support and visit this Forum, after the frustrations of the way the previous Comments section on the main site was mistreated. I really appreciate the opportunity to discuss Wapsi Square with other like-minded fanatics, and I'd miss it greatly if it were not possible.
Bingo.

It was jerks like that that cost us the previous comments section, as i recall.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Wapsi wrote:
zachariah wrote:
This forum is here for talking about the comic and communicating with other fans, this forum is not an ordained right that you have, and I don't like the tone of being talked down to in that manner. If you're going to have an attitude like that, feel free to,leave at your earliest convenience.

*Bursts into applause*

Also, the more I look at Friday's comic, the more Monica's lispy final line makes me giggle.
Leak

Post by Leak »

cheviot wrote:My overly suspicious nature has me wondering why all three panels in this comic are close ups of Monica's face. It's almost as if Pablo doesn't want us seeing the rest of her body...
Well, that newest print on the frontpage is called "Jaguar Girl" and Monica still looks quite the same...
Last edited by Leak on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Leak wrote:
cheviot wrote:My overly suspicious nature has me wondering why all three panels in this comic are close ups of Monica's face. It's almost as if Pablo doesn't want us seeing the rest of her body...
Well, that newest print on the frontpage is called "Jaguar Girl" and monica still looks quite the same...
Except for the black hair and no band-aids on her legs.

Maybe the "Jaguar Girl" upgrade fixes klutziness...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
liquidschwartz

Post by liquidschwartz »

That thort nerdy girl with the speeth impedimenthe is gonna hatha learn to resume her human form.

Or find a job at Warner.

- - on the sidelines, I had this crazy thought.. Monica gets some aid from some old codger who looks a lot like a certain British actor who tells her, "Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and [make out with] the prom queen."

Paul? Were you thinking that, too?