Squirrelly stuff - Server shenanigans.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Bookworm

Squirrelly stuff - Server shenanigans.

Post by Bookworm »

I'm not sure what went haywire (Back in august of all things), but I've done another round of server upgrades, then updated phpBB, then updated the SQL database.

Then it REALLY took a nose dive, as the apache server kept thumbing its nose at me claiming bad permissions (without actually SAYING that).

Some percussive maintenance later, and I _believe_ it's stable.

I've sent Dave my email address and phone number, so hopefully it won't sit that long again.

Short story: T-boned by a pickup truck moving at high speed in May. Had to be out of the house by June 1st. (Negotiated an extra 2 months because of the accident). Currently in-between full 'move in' status, waiting on builders to finish what was supposed to have been done in January. (Even longer story).

So, I don't have quite the flexibility right now, but hopefully in a month that'll ease.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Dave

Re: Squirrelly stuff - Server shenanigans.

Post by Dave »

Bookworm wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:35 pm Short story: T-boned by a pickup truck moving at high speed in May. Had to be out of the house by June 1st. (Negotiated an extra 2 months because of the accident). Currently in-between full 'move in' status, waiting on builders to finish what was supposed to have been done in January. (Even longer story).

So, I don't have quite the flexibility right now, but hopefully in a month that'll ease.
That's rather more drama than anyone needs in any one calendar year. :(

Or maybe five calendar years.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Dave wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:11 pm
That's rather more drama than anyone needs in any one calendar year. :(

Or maybe five calendar years.
Oh yeah. I do not recommend having a Chevy Silverado try to take up occupancy in your driver's side while you're currently in said space.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I'm glad you're here to complain about it.

--FreeFlier
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I got Covid for Xmas, and the stuff that other folks on here got hit with here makes me feel lucky.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Typeminer wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:45 am I got Covid for Xmas, and the stuff that other folks on here got hit with here makes me feel lucky.
I got Covid for _last_ Christmas. I'm happy just to have the creeping crud that everyone else has been coming down with this year. Everyone I know that's been tested has been negative for flu and for SARS-CoV-2.

(Yes, around lots of random strangers everywhere, and managed to avoid getting it the entire main lockdown/pandemic period - then got it last Christmas. )
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Sounds like I'm not the only one to have a terrible year. Lucky that you're still alive from that wreck.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.