Cold Update 2023-12-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Cold Update 2023-12-11

Post by Opus the Poet »

https://wapsisquare.com/comic/cold-update/

He ain't getting better yet, which character do we send to make him get better? :twisted:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Re: Cold Update 2023-12-11

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:29 pm https://wapsisquare.com/comic/cold-update/

He ain't getting better yet, which character do we send to make him get better? :twisted:
Well...

Tina might teach him that "shut down and restart" trick. I don't know if it would work for somebody who is fully alive, but who knows?

Monica could set herself aflame and then stand under a nice copper tub of bath water. I've found that a long, hot bath is often very good for helping the body fight off colds and flu, and I suspect it might help with bacterial sinus infections as well.

If he needs cardiostimulation, the sight of either Brandi in shower bubbles, or Mindy with her glasses off, might do the trick.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It's enough that I want to be able to send a steaming pot of chicken soup over the Internet, but that won't happen.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:39 pm It's enough that I want to be able to send a steaming pot of chicken soup over the Internet, but that won't happen.
Matzo ball soup- guaranteed results. Works every time.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, who among the cast is likely to make the best curative soup on one sort or another?

We now have two varieties suggested. My own recommendation would be for Chinese hot&sour soup - a big bowl of this is definitely good for what ails you.

There are those who swear by menudo. I suspect I would swear at it, from a safe distance.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I love menudo, but I can't vouch one way or the other about its restorative powers other than it's a nutritious hot soup. I have always loved organ meats so beef tripe is no biggy one way or the other. I do know that the one time I had some that was made with just plain beef it was not as good, basically it was just a spicy vegetable beef soup and not that special. :ugeek:
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I make many iterations of vegetarian hot and sour soup, myself. Often when I'm not sure what I'm making when I begin.

I'm not above sleazing out and using whole wheat spaghetti for the noodles, either. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Which of the cast was it that was watching daytime TV and drinking when she had a cold?

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:47 pm Which of the cast was it that was watching daytime TV and drinking when she had a cold?

--FreeFlier
Tina
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That's an idea for Pablo, Hot Toddies and bad TV. One kills the physical pain while the other tortures your mind so you want to get better. :geek:
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:45 pmThat's an idea for Pablo, Hot Toddies and bad TV. One kills the physical pain while the other tortures your mind so you want to get better. :geek:
There's another kind of TV?

(Besides worse TV?)

(I.e. bad TV and worse TV)

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

According to my wife daytime TV is the pits. Her recent illness that confined her to bed for the last year and a half has made her an expert on the quality of daytime TV.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Given what I think of the "good" . . . less-bad TV, the mind boggles.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

We have no TV service in this house- DVD/BLU RAY capacity and occasionally YOUTUBE. I don't miss it.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Last missive from Pablo on Patreon says he's recovering, but slowly because he's not as young as he used to be. :(