What Does That Say About Me? 2023-11-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

What Does That Say About Me? 2023-11-27

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier

Re: What Does That Say About Me? 2023-11-27

Post by FreeFlier »

If either one of them ritualistically intones"For Science!" I am leaving . . .

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

FreeFlier wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:34 am If either one of them ritualistically intones"For Science!" I am leaving . . .

--FreeFlier
There's a webcomic I read that had a story arc where the autistic girl had an orgy/gangbang and as she switched partners after exhausting the previous one she would enthusiastically exclaim "For Science!" I'm not sure where a sole female/multiple males encounter goes from orgy to gangbang even with the sole female organizing the event.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

It seems to be fully consensual, and that's the important part.

That is not what I was referencing . . . if WeirdScience said "For Science" - RUN!

One of the more memorable - i.e. not amnesia-inducing - incidents resulted in Spigeons . . . Though M-Div (Magic Division) may have been involved in that one too . . .

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, thinking about the topic of their discussion a bit...
  • "Stone Tape" - ghosts, as memories of events "recorded in stone" and being replayed later.
  • The memories can be encoded in a form of information-holding dark matter, or in the Akashic Record (which seems to be a field pervading all of space)
  • Maintaining and/or accessing the memories in a coherent form, seems to require that one contain them somehow.
  • This containment is best done with some form of reflective surface or material.
This could actually explain a lot... because reflective surfaces don't just simply reflect and contain. They can also focus whatever it is they're reflecting. A curved surface will focus sound, or light, or microwaves, or etc. down to a point.

So, is this why so many vision quests, in so many cultures, take place in the outdoors - particularly, in the mountains? The curving walls of stone act to reflect and focus the information in the Akashic Record, concentrating it and making the "old wisdom" and "memories of the elders" easier to sense and understand? If you're at the focal point, you can "hear" the messages of those far away and long ago - sort of like a psychic "whispering gallery"?

If so, I call dibs on the big slope of fallen rock near Half Dome, in Yosemite. I've always wanted my very own taluscope.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:55 pmSo, thinking about the topic of their discussion a bit...
  • "Stone Tape" - ghosts, as memories of events "recorded in stone" and being replayed later.
  • The memories can be encoded in a form of information-holding dark matter, or in the Akashic Record (which seems to be a field pervading all of space)
  • Maintaining and/or accessing the memories in a coherent form, seems to require that one contain them somehow.
  • This containment is best done with some form of reflective surface or material.
This could actually explain a lot... because reflective surfaces don't just simply reflect and contain. They can also focus whatever it is they're reflecting. A curved surface will focus sound, or light, or microwaves, or etc. down to a point.
A concave surface will somewhat focus radiation of whatever sort towards a point . . . IIRC for a solid focus a parabola is needed . . . and convex surfaces will reflect radiations or emanations so as to dissapate them.
Dave wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:55 pmSo, is this why so many vision quests, in so many cultures, take place in the outdoors - particularly, in the mountains? The curving walls of stone act to reflect and focus the information in the Akashic Record, concentrating it and making the "old wisdom" and "memories of the elders" easier to sense and understand? If you're at the focal point, you can "hear" the messages of those far away and long ago - sort of like a psychic "whispering gallery"?
Sounds plausible . . . though it could also be due to moving away from interference, especially from interference from living people . . .
Dave wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:55 pmIf so, I call dibs on the big slope of fallen rock near Half Dome, in Yosemite. I've always wanted my very own taluscope.
. . .

The pun jar is glaring pointedly and tapping its foot, Dave . . .

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:27 pm The pun jar is glaring pointedly and tapping its foot, Dave . . .
I place a copy of "101 Essential Rock Records" into the Pun Jar... it's pure Gold.