Big Teeth 2013-01-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Big Teeth 2013-01-04

Post by MerchManDan »

I'd go with the obvious Red Riding Hood reference, but I'm feeling less clever than usual at the moment.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Boxilar

Re: Big Teeth 2013-01-04

Post by Boxilar »

So, who wants to take bets that Phix is hiding from M until she calms down? Sure, Phix is invulnerable in the library, but Monica could remove her from the library. I'm betting Phix's worst fear is a bit more lethal than Nudge's was.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Well, crud. Zachariah posted a thread at the same time I did. Alright Boxilar, care to copy your comment and move it to the other thread? I'll delete this one as soon as you do so.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

With great power comes great orthodontist bills....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:So, who wants to take bets that Phix is hiding from M until she calms down? Sure, Phix is invulnerable in the library, but Monica could remove her from the library. I'm betting Phix's worst fear is a bit more lethal than Nudge's was.
I figure Phix is hiding because she's worried that Monica will giver her such a bite...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

A big tongue deserves big teeth for company.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

At least Monica didn't experience any discomfort as her new chompers came in while she was unconscious. Teeth that big would have hurt like a sumbitch.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Monica's going to be a tall strapping Nordic type - it's just coming in one body part at a time. First her tongue, then her boobs in 4th grade, and now her teeth. By the time she's a thousand years old she'll be six foot one and built like a lumberjack.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Wyvern wrote:By the time she's a thousand years old she'll be six foot one and built like a lumberjack.
...and she's OK! She sleeps all night and she works all day! :lol:
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

MerchManDan wrote:
Wyvern wrote:By the time she's a thousand years old she'll be six foot one and built like a lumberjack.
She chews down trees, she wears high heels, and suspenders on her bra! She likes to talk to spirits, just like her grand-mama!

(I'm gonna go lie down, now)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:
She already puts on women's clothing and hangs out in bars.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:At least Monica didn't experience any discomfort as her new chompers came in while she was unconscious. Teeth that big would have hurt like a sumbitch.
Just wait till she bites/perforates her tongue.

Just how do the rest of them avoid that?

And then there is Monica’s and Shelly’s next dentist and doctor’s visits. Are we going to get to see the double takes from those people?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

MONICA: Nudge! Thith ith my punithment for trying to kill you, isn't it?

NUDGE: Calm down. This is just your Jaguar Girl© aspect manifesting, in the same way Shelly can assume her Sphinx aspect. You can resume your human form when you're ready.

MONICA: Oh, perfect! Thelly geth to be a big winged monthter, but I'm thtuck ath a catgirl with a lithp!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

My2Cents wrote:
Stigmartyr762 wrote:At least Monica didn't experience any discomfort as her new chompers came in while she was unconscious. Teeth that big would have hurt like a sumbitch.
Just wait till she bites/perforates her tongue.

Just how do the rest of them avoid that?

And then there is Monica’s and Shelly’s next dentist and doctor’s visits. Are we going to get to see the double takes from those people?
They'll just go to Tina's dentist. They have to be used to it by now...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

CraigR wrote: MONICA: Oh, perfect! Thelly geth to be a big winged monthter, but I'm thtuck ath a catgirl with a lithp!

I nominate this as the best sentence of the day!

Great strip, however I think it is odd tha tMonica was speaking clearly until she noticed the teeth... Psychological change because she knew there was soemthing different or was the lisp slow to catch up with her?
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Thufferin' thuccatash!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Kingmaker wrote:
CraigR wrote: MONICA: Oh, perfect! Thelly geth to be a big winged monthter, but I'm thtuck ath a catgirl with a lithp!

Great strip, however I think it is odd tha tMonica was speaking clearly until she noticed the teeth... Psychological change because she knew there was soemthing different or was the lisp slow to catch up with her?
I second the nomination! :)

And I think it's psychological. If she can speak clearly with a tongue as big as hers is, then she can handle larger teefs. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

Kingmaker wrote:

Her speech "impediment" only seems to be with the letter "S" she speaks clearly at first because there is no "S" in that first sentence. The "X" in Phix might give her problems though, but she doesn't seem to have a problem saying that.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Kingmaker wrote:
Sounds like something one of the characters in El Goonish Shive might wind up saying...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

All I can think of is the viral video of the girl in the car after having her wisdom teeth removed (still under the effects of the Demerol). she kept asking "Whath in mymouf" and her mom kept telling her, "Gauze, you had your wisdom teeth pulled". (repeats several times-- :lol: )
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?