Cute Things All Weekend 2023-6-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Alkarii

Cute Things All Weekend 2023-6-15

Post by Alkarii »

https://wapsisquare.com/comic/cute-things-all-weekend/

I doubt there are many who could say that to a being of her magnitude... And fewer still who could get their wish.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Opus the Poet

Re: Cute Things All Weekend 2023-6-15

Post by Opus the Poet »

I was going to question "her magnitude" then I remembered the former cliff face that's now a sand pile. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Remember, also, that she now truly is The Blackthorn.

She's capable of ripping holes in the walls between the worlds any time she wants to. The eldritch beings which lurk in the darkness and bring terror to whole races, are scared of her. Vaporizing cliffs was just a tween-age warmup for her.

If she ever decides to cosplay Kali Mata, she won't need much of a costume to pull it off, and we'll have to hope that she decides to leave the planet mostly intact afterwards.

Shawna is no wimp.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Castel reminds me of a sentient bomb from a movie I saw once only less socialized and more hormonal. In the movie they kept having to tell the bomb to go back to sleep because it wasn't time to blow up because it hadn't been released from the ship. I wish I could remember the name of the movie. The funny parts of the movie were how bad a condition the ship was in because they had run out of spares to replace defective or failed parts and had to shut down parts of the ship to maintain atmosphere and heat in the remaining parts of the ship.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:12 pm Castel reminds me of a sentient bomb from a movie I saw once only less socialized and more hormonal. In the movie they kept having to tell the bomb to go back to sleep because it wasn't time to blow up because it hadn't been released from the ship. I wish I could remember the name of the movie. The funny parts of the movie were how bad a condition the ship was in because they had run out of spares to replace defective or failed parts and had to shut down parts of the ship to maintain atmosphere and heat in the remaining parts of the ship.
That sounds like "Dark Star".
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:45 pm That sounds like "Dark Star".
Yep.

"I hope you never have to choose between radiation shelding and toilet paper."
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yes, Dark Star. funny as hell partially because the special effects made early Dr. Who look sophisticated.