Old Relics 2023-06-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Old Relics 2023-06-13

Post by Dave »

https://wapsisquare.com/comic/old-relics/

Since we didn't get to see any of the hangout day ourselves, I'm left to wonder... were there noodle incidents?
Opus the Poet

Re: Old Relics 2023-06-13

Post by Opus the Poet »

Given the evidence (since we know ghosts are real in the Wapsi-verse) it seems the ghosts like our little succubus, for whatever reason.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:13 pm https://wapsisquare.com/comic/old-relics/

Since we didn't get to see any of the hangout day ourselves, I'm left to wonder... were there noodle incidents?
Just pool noodles :twisted:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I'm guessing that the young lady has just received a package or two from Chekov's Armory...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:15 pm I'm guessing that the young lady has just received a package or two from Chekov's Armory...
I'm not sure that's quite what the media means when referring to "ghost guns", but I take your point.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

"I know that ghosts don't exist, because the bogeymen who live in my bedroom told me so."

Perhaps these are her anxieties coming to visit her in the night, the way Monica's demons used to bother her. Or else maybe she fell down those stairs harder than we realised, and she's in the afterlife now. . .
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:59 pm"I know that ghosts don't exist, because the bogeymen who live in my bedroom told me so."

Perhaps these are her anxieties coming to visit her in the night, the way Monica's demons used to bother her. Or else maybe she fell down those stairs harder than we realised, and she's in the afterlife now. . .
/metamode engaged/ Paul put too much effort into introducing Rosslyn to kill her off that fast . . . unless it's going to star Rosslyn's ghost . . . /metamode off/

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:17 pm /metamode engaged/ Paul put too much effort into introducing Rosslyn to kill her off that fast . . . unless it's going to star Rosslyn's ghost . . . /metamode off/
I'm pretty sure that's not what Paul is planning, and that he has something else in mind for Rosslyn's future.

The reason is, I think I may have recognized one of the shadowy figures in her room. He was an Irish kid who {before his life was so sadly cut short by the fire} was the best child actor in years to have taken up the traditional Japanese theatric art of plays about the supernatural.

Exactly what Paul is planning for him, I really haven't the ghost of a Noh Shawn.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Groan.

Pun jar, now!

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

(Folds up a bunch of Chinese paper "ghost money", stacks the offering in front of the Pun Jar, and sets it on fire.)
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Please don't set the Pun Jar on fire.

The Canadian wildfire smoke's been bad enough. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.