Something deserving bares its kickable butt when i'm cranky

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Something deserving bares its kickable butt when i'm cranky

Post by Fairportfan »

Was in a semi-bad mood, was reviewing my Netflix queue and rating a number of films, and one it asked me to rate was Luhrman's Moulin Rouge.

Oh, the joys of being in a mood for A Proper Venting Of The Spleen and fortuitously finding a target that was a positive mitzvah to do it upon.
Dire. Bad. Dreck. Unwatchable.

And those are the BEST things i can think to say about this ... thing. I'm pretty sure that if i used more accurate descriptive terms, this review would be banned.

We got through maybe twenty minutes of this horror before i stopped it If i had made the mistake of purchasing the disk, i would have physically destroyed it to make sure that i never accidentally played it again.

As it was, since it was a Rental-Service-Which-May-Not-Be-Named-In-Reviews-On-Its-Own-Site disk, i had to be satisfied with yanking it out of the player, shoving it in its envelope, and RAN to the mailbox to start it back on its way.

I truly wish i could give zero - or even negative - star ratings; i would if i could, as a warning, because your quality of life will be made noticeably worse simply by inserting it in your player and pressing "Play", let alone the damage that woul be done by actually watching it.
You are forbidden to use the word "Netflix" in reviews on its own site; in fact, it wouldn't even accept the above review until i changed the snarky circumlocution to just say "a rental disk."

Go figure.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber