Minor difficulty with Spotify client under Windows 10

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Minor difficulty with Spotify client under Windows 10

Post by lake_wrangler »

As some of you may recall, I have now had a Windows 10 (Ugh!) tablet for a little over two years. I bought a larger SSD drive for it, so I can multiboot into Linux, but I have yet to make/take the time to install it, so for now, I run exclusively with Win10.

Lately, I have been having a minor difficulty with the Spotify Windows client software: since I am a free account user, Spotify will insert ads into whatever playlist I am listening to, which is understandable. However, there are times when said ads are not playing, but the software thinks they are. I just get silence. And if I try to manually force the next song to play, I get a message at the top saying that the song will play after the ads have played. But it's still not playing any ads...

When that happens, the only option I have found so far, is to close down Spotify, and restart it, which will then play whatever playlist I have going on.

This behaviour is intermittent. It will do this repeatedly for a while, then eventually, the ads will start playing again normally.

Has anyone else ever run into that kind of problem?
TazManiac

Re: Minor difficulty with Spotify client under Windows 10

Post by TazManiac »

Just so you don't think it's all crickets and tumbleweeds, I'm replying with a pitiful 'I feel your pain', which is empathetic but practically useless.

(YouTube Music is a shiny app on my Android phone, bit unless I go for the pay version, I can't have it work in background....) Different, I know, but we all enjoy our own personal Hell.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:52 am As some of you may recall, I have now had a Windows 10 (Ugh!) tablet for a little over two years.
What kind of EIndoes 10 tasblet?

I have yet to find a way to even test a Linux partition on my Surface GO - UEFI is locked down hard and there's no way to go to legacy.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:08 am
lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:52 am As some of you may recall, I have now had a Windows 10 (Ugh!) tablet for a little over two years.
What kind of EIndoes 10 tasblet?

I have yet to find a way to even test a Linux partition on my Surface GO - UEFI is locked down hard and there's no way to go to legacy.
It's a Dell Latitude 5285 (looks just like a Surface Pro tablet), and I have already tried successfully putting it into legacy mode, in order to test Linux on it from a USB key.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Kewl
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Maybe, maybe not... One odd thing I found, was that booting back into Windows, it was asking for the password key for BitLocker. The only way to get into Windows again was to boot back under UEFI. I then un-bitlocked my SSD, so that was no longer a problem. But I forget if there was another issue with Windows if I tried booting in legacy mode, after that. When I finally take the time to switch SSD and install both Win10 and Linux on it, I'll find out if that's a problem. I hope not.