Old Forums

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Atomic

Old Forums

Post by Atomic »

Casting about my old links, I found the original Keenspot Wapsi Square forum was still online!

http://forums.keenspot.com/viewforum.php?f=70

This form ended with the move to Blank Label comics as I recall. Somebody had mentioned skimming the older forums for listing on this new forum, so here ya go!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Bookworm

Re: Old Forums

Post by Bookworm »

Well, technically I was talking about attempting a merge with the old Blank Label Comic forums. I'll have to pull a copy of the database, nuke everything _but_ wapsi (maybe a couple of the generic topics), nuke most of (if not all of) the users, then try a test merger or two.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Ah! Well good luck then. At least you won't have to sift everything through Archive.org first, from the sounds of it.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

Bookworm wrote:Well, technically I was talking about attempting a merge with the old Blank Label Comic forums. I'll have to pull a copy of the database, nuke everything _but_ wapsi (maybe a couple of the generic topics), nuke most of (if not all of) the users, then try a test merger or two.
Brave man, I did something similar years ago for my personal forums, and I had less than 300 users to deal with there. Good luck!!
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Atomic wrote:Ah! Well good luck then. At least you won't have to sift everything through Archive.org first, from the sounds of it.
Just as well. Archive.org is almost guaranteed not to have a cache of the file you want most.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)