Principia Discordia

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

Principia Discordia

Post by TazManiac »

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Principia_Discordia
(thats the fun link...) &

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principia_Discordia
(dry, factual, wikipedial. sigh...)

Here is an excerpt:
Off Topic
Principia Discordia

THE PRINCIPIA DISCORDIA
or, How I Found the Goddess and What I Did To Her When I Found Her
THE MAGNUM OPIATE OF MALACLYPSE THE YOUNGER
Wherein Is Explained Absolutely Everything Worth Knowing About Absolutely Anything

Eris symbol 2.svg ALL RITES REVERSED (K) REPRINT WHAT YOU LIKE

HAIL ERIS! --><-- KALLISTI --><-- ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!

Dedicated to the Prettiest One

If you want in on the Discordian Society
then declare yourself what you wish
do what you like
and tell us about it
or if you prefer don't.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense...

There are no rules anywhere.
The Goddess Prevails.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
Ah, but there's more... :P :!: :ugeek: enjoy.
Bookworm

Re: Principia Discordia

Post by Bookworm »

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster FTW.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bookworm wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:38 am Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster FTW.
Well, they were just as prone as any religious movement to split into rival sects, disagreeing bitterly over minor points of doctrine and ritual that make sense only to insiders.

The Acciughe, the Alfredo, the Amatricana, the Marinara, the Bolognese (who were largely responsible for the dreadful Ragu Inquisition)... for people who started out in the same tradition, it's a terrible shame that these days they can't even agree on the basic ingredients of faith.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Dave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 am
Bookworm wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:38 am Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster FTW.
Well, they were just as prone as any religious movement to split into rivalry sects, disagreeing bitterly over minor points of doctrine and ritual that make sense only to insiders.

The Acciughe, the Alfredo, the Amatricana, the Marinara, the Bolognese (who were largely responsible for the dreadful Ragu Inquisition)... for people who started out in the same tradition, it's a terrible shame that these days they can't even agree on the basic ingredients of faith.
Don't forget the nasty schism from rolling the pasta - the clockwise vs widdershins argument.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.